X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Powell > Smart

JV>>>>>> aging Amir

Jaylen Brown unproven but, I like him. Basically Boston has the BKN pick that raps cant compete with but, players raptors have an advantage.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Of course JV is more valuable than an aged Amir. That goes without saying. But by what measurable metrics is Powell better than Smart? He isn't. Nice try though. The Celtics have far more attractive assets to swing a trade for Boogie, but you still haven't articulated why the Kings would trade for a worse center than Cousins when their frontcourt is already deep.

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
      JV is plenty good enough... but not valuable enough SPECIFICALLY TO SACRAMENTO.

It's not 'assemble the most talented group of individuals', it's build the best team. JV doesn't fit their team needs.
      If they lose DMC wouldn't they need a starting caliber center? Have anyone of those bigs proved they can do that? Those young centers can also be traded later. The things is JV is better than all of them and those bigs might never be as good as JV. There is no certainty at the C position after Boogie.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Sinbad wrote: View Post
        Of course JV is more valuable than an aged Amir. That goes without saying. But by what measurable metrics is Powell better than Smart? He isn't. Nice try though. The Celtics have far more attractive assets to swing a trade for Boogie, but you still haven't articulated why the Kings would trade for a worse center than Cousins when their frontcourt is already deep.
        Who would you rather Smart or Powell?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

For which team, in which situation? For the Raptors, right now, Powell.

For the Kings, where I have time and minutes to develop a younger guard, I might take Smart because he's younger and farther away from both his peak, and his decline.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

For which team, in which situation? For the Raptors, right now, Powell.

For the Kings, where I have time and minutes to develop a younger guard, I might take Smart because he's younger and farther away from both his peak, and his decline.
            I guess a year is a big deal for you. I think Powell has more potential than Smart. Faster, Stronger, jumps higher and shots the ball better.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I guess a year is a big deal for you. I think Powell has more potential than Smart. Faster, Stronger, jumps higher and shots the ball better.

But even here, that's pretty much immaterial. The Celtics trade wouldn't be about Smart for the Kings... it'd be about the unprotected lottery picks from the Nets, and Jaylen Brown.

Comment

Smart, and its not close. Powell is a nice player, but if I'm the Kings, I want someone young with a high ceiling that can handle the offensive and defensive responsibilities of being a starting guard. What exactly has Powell proved? That he can play 15 minutes a game, primarily against backups? He's a Raptors player, so I expect him to be overrated by the fanbase, but this is getting ridiculous. And the Celtics will have the Nets pick to dangle too, which is better than any draft pick the Raptors can offer.
                Last edited by Sinbad; Mon Oct 3, 2016, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Joseph, Ross, Siakam, LAC 2017 1st Rounder, 2018 1st Round pick & 2019 2nd round pick.

We get: Boogie & Malachai Richardson.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    Joseph, Ross, Siakam, LAC 2017 1st Rounder, 2018 1st Round pick & 2019 2nd round pick.

We get: Boogie & Malachai Richardson.

LOL some of you guys really overvalue some of our players...

Any trade for DMC is going to include JV, Powell and at least 2 picks, let's be serious. You're not getting the best big man in the game for bench players and late picks.

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                      LOL some of you guys really overvalue some of our players...

Any trade for DMC is going to include JV, Powell and at least 2 picks, let's be serious. You're not getting the best big man in the game for bench players and late picks.
                      1. Joseph is better than Darren Collinson, the current starting PG of Sacremento.

2. The Kings need wing depth more than anything else, and Ross fits the bill. Plus, he's played with Rudy Gay.

3. Siakam is young, can play PF & already looks promising.

Plus they get 3 picks, and like you said, at least 2 picks would be involved in any Boogie deal.

I'm not undervaluing Boogie... in fact, I think the guy is overrated.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Honestly, I'm in the 'Boogie is overrated camp' too. But based on his perceived value, he'd be damn expensive in a trade.

Fun comparison time!

http://www.basketball-reference.com/..._id2=abdursh01

Cousins' first 6 seasons, vs. Shareef Abdur-Rahim's first 6 seasons.

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          1. Joseph is better than Darren Collinson, the current starting PG of Sacremento.

2. The Kings need wing depth more than anything else, and Ross fits the bill. Plus, he's played with Rudy Gay.

3. Siakam is young, can play PF & already looks promising.

Plus they get 3 picks, and like you said, at least 2 picks would be involved in any Boogie deal.

I'm not undervaluing Boogie... in fact, I think the guy is overrated.
                          .....hmmmm let me think...no lol...you're still not getting the best big man in the game for bench players + late picks

Getting players that fit a "need" mean absolutely nothing when a team gives up their best player (the player they needed to bring in players like that around) and are being forced to rebuild again but perhaps you're forgetting that?! Teams usually want a young player you can sell your fans on being a good up & coming player (Powell and JV) and picks (which we both agree on).

I can't remember the deal SAC turned down from BOS last year but it puts that one to shame and the bottomline is in order get value, you have to give it. You are out of your mind if you think SAC won't laugh us right off the phone with an offer like that, they can EASILY get better VALUE than that. But your points are making me think of more complete trade offer (Wright, Powell, JV and our best 2017 pick -- possibly a second rounder as well). That covers a lot of bases where they take care of the holes at PG, SG and of course the largest their STAR C they were miserably trying to build around plus some picks.
                          Last edited by JamesNaismith; Mon Oct 3, 2016, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Honestly, I'm in the 'Boogie is overrated camp' too. But based on his perceived value, he'd be damn expensive in a trade.

Fun comparison time!

http://www.basketball-reference.com/..._id2=abdursh01

Cousins' first 6 seasons, vs. Shareef Abdur-Rahim's first 6 seasons.
                            I'm not having any fun looking at those dude

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                              .....hmmmm let me think...no lol...you're still not getting the best big man in the game for bench players + late picks

Getting players that fit a "need" mean absolutely nothing when a team gives up their best player (the player they needed to bring in players like that around) and are being forced to rebuild again but perhaps you're forgetting that?! Teams usually want a young player you can sell your fans on being a good up & coming player (Powell and JV) and picks (which we both agree on).

I can't remember the deal SAC turned down from BOS last year but it puts that one to shame and the bottomline is in order get value, you have to give it. You are out of your mind if you think SAC won't laugh us right off the phone with an offer like that, they can EASILY get better VALUE than that. But your points are making me think of more complete trade offer (Wright, Powell, JV and our best 2017 pick -- possibly a second rounder as well). That covers a lot of bases where they take care of the holes at PG, SG and of course the largest their STAR C they were miserably trying to build around plus some picks.
                              Best center in the game, sure.

But Boogie ain't the best BIG MAN in the game. AD and Draymond are both easily better, and I'd take KAT over Boogie too.

Comment

Best center in the game, sure.

But Boogie ain't the best BIG MAN in the game. AD and Draymond are both easily better, and I'd take KAT over Boogie too.
                                i'd do kat and davis but i would take boogie over draymond

Comment

Working...
                                X