No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my thoughts on Boogie. I would rather give up Powell then Ross unless you honestly think Powell will be able to reach Ross' 3 point shooting. Outside of a "Superstar" or 3rd All-Star we could always use spacing. We didn't do too badly yesterday surprisingly because of our schemes but we really need to be aware of the fact that we need to be able to retain the RIGHT assets in a trade. I would love Boogie but I don't want to create a hole to get him. We need to have at least a DECENT bench cause that is one of our strengths from last year is the fact that our bench unit wasn't a huge drop off from our starters. Often times even in the playoffs our starters would keep us in the game and our bench would win it or get us a lead.

I would be afraid of getting Ross unless you have a secondary type of trade that you have in mind. I am ok with getting rid of SOME picks because we have a lot and we are running out of room to develop these kids.

So yeah I love Powell but I think we need 3 point shooting.

Comment

do we actually have a chance at Boogie? Did I miss something?
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
        No one has a chance at Cousins, there's no way SAC trades him.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          haha no. just saw a photo of him practicing in old school raptors shorts and decided to post it. didnt expect this to reach 5 pages though!

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            Well not this year...but they will (or absolutely should) next year.

Barolt wrote: View Post
            Best center in the game, sure.

But Boogie ain't the best BIG MAN in the game. AD and Draymond are both easily better, and I'd take KAT over Boogie too.
            You're right, I should have been more specific and said center but I wouldn't take Draymond over Cousins. He's a great glue man on that team but I don't think he would be anywhere near as effective if he didn't have an insanely stacked roster with the reigning 2 time MVP and greatest shooter of all time by a landslide and another top shooter of all time plus he had Barnes, Iggy, Bogut etc and now KD. Although probably not to the same extent, I think he's having a bit of a "Rondo effect", he is probably better than Rajon but the same idea where if he didn't have immense talent surrounding him and distracting defences (understatement) that he wouldn't be nearly as effective.

But yes KAT and AD are just insane talents and are redefining the position. I would say until KAT actually outproduces DMC (it will happen very soon) that I can't give him the crown yet as best C so I'm strictly referring to just present day and past season but again in will be in the very near future (within the next 2-3 years, if that) and of course AD is a PF.

Anyways point was we weren't getting the current best **center in the game for bench players and late 1st rounders when a team has dubbed a certain player as their "franchise" player for YEARS, has abandoned numerous other players and has (very poorly) tried to build around them alone. Also they really have nothing else on the roster that even remotely fills that void.... so JV, Powell or Ross (whoever SAC wants) plus 2 picks will be a given at minimum for any trade they would even remotely consider THIS year. A new owner needs something to sell their fans on.
            Last edited by JamesNaismith; Wed Oct 5, 2016, 09:27 PM.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              ............................. yet.

Comment

I hope he does get traded so we can stop talking about him.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                  I hope he does get traded so we can stop talking about him.
                  We'll just start talking about Anthony Davis instead.....

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post

But Boogie ain't the best BIG MAN in the game. AD and Draymond are both easily better, and I'd take KAT over Boogie too.
                    in a year or two Kat will be the man Draymond could implode and Davis is so injury prone but definitely has the skills

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      Come on Vlade is a couple of drinks away from giving away Cousins for half the price.

"I tell you, they are really high on that Bruno kid, I think we should do it"
                      The problem is that Vlade DOES NOT make those decisions.
                      Hint: Its the little guy next to him.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post

Career TS%: 0.529. Career ORTG: 102. That's pretty bad, actually.

Basically, Boogie is the Rudy Gay of centers. There's a very good reason why Boogie's team never wins and why he's always butting heads with his coach. That reason is Boogie. He just isn't that good, or at least not efficient.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          Career TS%: 0.529. Career ORTG: 102. That's pretty bad, actually.

Basically, Boogie is the Rudy Gay of centers. There's a very good reason why Boogie's team never wins and why he's always butting heads with his coach. That reason is Boogie. He just isn't that good, or at least not efficient.
                          There's an argument to both sides. I'm not saying Boogie is not a superstar. But as you point out, there is some doubt that Boogie is a superstar. Which makes it dangerous to trade for him, when the price will be a superstar price.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            There's an argument to both sides. I'm not saying Boogie is not a superstar. But as you point out, there is some doubt that Boogie is a superstar. Which makes it dangerous to trade for him, when the price will be a superstar price.
                            Considerable doubt. Toss in the fact that DMC is a > 30% USG guy and that becomes huge risk for Boogie to disrupt team chemistry, which not surprisingly, is part of his reputation.
                            Last edited by golden; Fri Oct 7, 2016, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Considerable doubt. Toss in the fact that DMC is a > 30% USG guy and that becomes huge risk for Boogie disrupt team chemistry, which not surprisingly, is part of his reputation.
                              Agreed. Then again he's consistently been a top-30 impact stats guy. He really has been surrounded by garbage his entire career.

There's a huge risk to trading for him - he could ruin everything, or he could put the team over the top, there's no way to know. I think the team is better off targeting another borderline all-star in the mold of a Millsap rather than go for Cousins, personally, but I completely understand those who think if he could be had they should be chasing him with all they've got.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Agreed. Then again he's consistently been a top-30 impact stats guy. He really has been surrounded by garbage his entire career.

There's a huge risk to trading for him - he could ruin everything, or he could put the team over the top, there's no way to know. I think the team is better off targeting another borderline all-star in the mold of a Millsap rather than go for Cousins, personally, but I completely understand those who think if he could be had they should be chasing him with all they've got.
                                I don't know how impact stats work - are they heavily weighted by volume or efficiency? Boogie is clearly an uber high volume guy. And you can't even make the argument that he's a "good-stats on a bad team" type of guy, based on efficiency.

With Boogie, I really think we'd be right back to the Lowry/Derozan/Gay situation all over again. I have a really hard time envisioning Lowry & DD on max contracts deferring to DMC as the go-to guy or vice-versa. Millsap seems like a "fit-in" type of guy, just like you said.

Comment

Working...
                                X