Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Let's create an 'Everything Lance Stephenson' thread too. Why not? he's also wearing a Raptors jersey. See. I think he wants to play here.

Anthony Barr of the Vikings is also wearing an old school VC Raptors jersey. Let's create a thread about him too.
    Yeah, but some people actually want Cousins to play here.

I agree there should not be a thread like this in the Raps section, but it's the off-season. Who cares.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• danh wrote: View Post
      yeah, but some people actually want cousins to play here.

I agree there should not be a thread like this in the raps section, but it's the off-season. Who cares.
      bingo
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
        cont....#bffs

DeMar and Boogie got pretty tight. They even do 'spa' dates together.....

According to TMZ, DeMarcus Cousins, DeAndre Jordan, DeMar DeRozan and three other players went to the brothel thinking it was a spa.
        http://www.cbssports.com/olympics/ne...ilian-brothel/

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          DeMar and Boogie got pretty tight. They even do 'spa' dates together.....

http://www.cbssports.com/olympics/ne...ilian-brothel/
          Honest mistake, I'm sure.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Honest mistake, I'm sure.

They should stick to the home version instead

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Let's create an 'Everything Lance Stephenson' thread too. Why not? he's also wearing a Raptors jersey. See. I think he wants to play here.

Anthony Barr of the Vikings is also wearing an old school VC Raptors jersey. Let's create a thread about him too.
              We're not fooled by one night stands/one shirt pic...being seen more than once with our stuff on, becoming bffs first (w/ DeMar) and friends with our friends (Drake) shows more commitment and that he's serious. Get it?!?!

#greenfont?!

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                They should stick to the home version instead

The world (and by world I mean RR) would be a better place if there was a simpsons gif or pic in every post
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• All I know is I would not hesitate to trade JV and picks and maybe Ross or Powell for Cousins. The only way we're going to get by Cleveland at this point is with elite talent and Cousins is that, JV isn't.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                    All I know is I would not hesitate to trade JV and picks and maybe Ross or Powell for Cousins. The only way we're going to get by Cleveland at this point is with elite talent and Cousins is that, JV isn't.
                    I would rather explore possible power forwards, zach lowe mentioned aldridge, Millsap and even bosh as possible options that may come available at some point. Call me crazy but I'm not convinced were better long term by losing jv and Powell for cousins.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      I would rather explore possible power forwards, zach lowe mentioned aldridge, Millsap and even bosh as possible options that may come available at some point. Call me crazy but I'm not convinced were better long term by losing jv and Powell for cousins.
                      Sadly I don't think Chris Bosh will able to play in an NBA game again.

There is very little chance any doctor will clear him after multiple blood cloths.

Edit. Also just for reference Cousins is just 2 years older than JV. Cousins has superstar talent and if you have a chance to get him while also keeping Lowry & Derozan I think you have to take it.
                      Last edited by slamdunk23; Fri Oct 14, 2016, 12:46 AM.

Comment

The only name I like out of that list is Aldridge and there's not a chance in hell SAS trades him as he and Kawhi are now the franchise. Don't get me wrong I love Milsap's game and fit but he's going to opt out and we 1. don't have the money for him and Kyle and 2. he's old...he's nursing an injury now and it doesn't get easier with age and he will continue to slow down so unfortunately that's a pass from me.

Bosh is a very interesting one only in the sense that if he is paid out by MIA then perhaps he could come cheap if he were willing to sign a waiver. Given our squeeky clean image, I highly doubt Masai takes that gamble and I highly doubt given all the docs that said no that he even plays again BUT I also think Bosh's first instinct will be to reunite with either one of LBJ (1st) or Wade (2nd) and possibly head back to Texas and play somewhere close to home to retire to follow the aforementioned names trend.

Personally I think about the only player that gets us over the hump would be Paul George but of course it's obvious based on the off season that Bird is doing his best to please PG so he's not moving him. I also don't think Cousins quite puts us over the top but good luck finding another viable option that will make your team a consistent ECF participant year after year and Finals chances that fits the Lowry (in particular) timeline to contend. Not to mention without a PG or elite swingman no one is taking the ship away from either CLE and more so GSW for the forseeable future. Very few organizations get a chance to make conference finals and NBA finals year after year, tough to accept that our best odds would be a very outside chance but it's time to act now or this run will be a waste and in 3-4 years we're right back to rebuilding anyways, might as well go as far as we can...DMC with DeMar etc would also extend the length of time we're a top team in the East; just sayin.

Comment

JV and Powell for Cousins and you want to say NO
                          Sac will never go for it and if they do, you should jump on a deal like this.

Cousins is a Super Star in this league while JV maybe one day can become an All Star.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                            JV and Powell for Cousins and you want to say NO
                            Sac will never go for it and if they do, you should jump on a deal like this.

Cousins is a Super Star in this league while JV maybe one day can become an All Star.
                            Super star? Or stat collector? Cousins is like big lesser Carmelo Anthony. Remember when the Nuggets traded Carmelo Anthony and got better?

I have great belief that Norman Powell is going to turn into a very valuable basketball player, like Tony Allen with a shot. Cousins likes to play iso ball and is moving further and further from the basket, and is kind of a headcase. So sue me if I don't want to take a 56 win conference finalist and trade our 2 most valuable young pieces for a guy that I think still leaves us well short of the Lebronaliers.

Comment

Super star? Or stat collector? Cousins is like big lesser Carmelo Anthony. Remember when the Nuggets traded Carmelo Anthony and got better?

I have great belief that Norman Powell is going to turn into a very valuable basketball player, like Tony Allen with a shot. Cousins likes to play iso ball and is moving further and further from the basket, and is kind of a headcase. So sue me if I don't want to take a 56 win conference finalist and trade our 2 most valuable young pieces for a guy that I think still leaves us well short of the Lebronaliers.
                              You could win a title with prime Melo as your top scorer if you put the right team around him. You think that 2009 Nuggets team wasn't a title contender?

Iso ball has become so undervalued nowadays with the increasing prevalence of advanced stats. The ability to create your own shot consistently is still the hardest and most valuable skill in the game of basketball. Obviously you don't want an iso play on every possession, but having guys like Cousins who can score from any area of the floor effectively (at that size too) is invaluable. That's the kind of high-end talent that could make us good enough to beat Cleveland, not JV. Not hating on JV or anything, because I think he's one of the better centers in the league but this would be like saying no to a DeRozan+assets for Harden swap while keeping JV and Lowry, just not very forward-thinking.

Comment

I think this was more by virtue of the pieces they (Masai) received in return for Melo, rather than a simple "addition by subtraction" of Melo.

KeonClark wrote:
                                I think the case of Cousins being a headcase is more to do with his environment, than what he is actually capable of. You look at guys like Zach Randolph, going from the Portland "Jail"Blazers, to the Isiah Thomas Knicks, and everyone said he was a lost cause headcase that would do nothing but bring turmoil and toxicity to your team (both those teams were already toxic, just like the Kings are now) ...... but then you look at him throughout his time with Memphis, and I think its obvious what he could've been throughout his career, had he been placed in the proper, constructive environment.

I think Cousins has barely scraped his potential ceiling, if he smartened up and got some good coaching.
                                Last edited by Joey; Sun Oct 16, 2016, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X