Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    It also makes you wonder if Cousins isn't a bad cog on offense like Rudy Gay where he can fill up the stat sheet but the team isn't getting ahead but are worse off as a result. I do like that the Raptors are being very choosy of the type's of personalities they want on this team as opposed to somewhere like NYC or Houston where they do not care if you are a potential disruptive player to team building/chemistry.

Having Cousins in Toronto might be a great success or a huge failure, there is no in between.
    Raptors are at the point where they need to start taking chances. Well if they really want to compete for a championship. If they are happy with winning 50+ games and losing to cleveland in ECF every year than they should stick to the status quo.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
      I saw on Twitter some NBA writer, forget who it was, was wondering why people always give Cousins a hard time for losing but Anthony Davis hardly gets criticized.

Gee I wonder.
      Firstly, Brow has actually led his team to the playoffs 2 seasons ago at the tender age of 21, losing to the eventually champs, GSW, while Boogie has zero playoff appearances in 6 seasons.

Secondly, the Pelicans have been playing in what is widely considered the NBA's Group of Death (Spurs, Mavs, Rockets, Grizzlies) from the time Davis entered the league, making that lone playoff appearance even more impressive.

Finally, even if you overlook the psycho personality, Davis is waaaaay more efficient than Cousins, so you can't blame AD for chucking his team out of games, like you can argue with Boogie. Take out last season's Alvin Gentry + the NOPEs injuries debacle and AD has been putting up historically great numbers for his age/experience. All things considered, it's pretty easy to give Brow a pass and easily rate him above Boogie.

Comment

• Yeah Brow is definitely better than Cousins. If we somehow got him I'd have us as favorites against Cleveland.

Comment

• Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
            I don't think we should be drawing too many conclusions about anything from preseason. I mean DeRozan just put up 35.5 points per 36 on 57.8 TS% and 38% usage. So unless he went back in time and absorbed the soul of 05-06 Kobe Bryant I think we should probably just wait for the regular season to see what happens in all respects.
            I think... I think maybe DeMar did go back in time and absorb the soul of '05-06 Kobe Bryant.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
              I don't think we should be drawing too many conclusions about anything from preseason. I mean DeRozan just put up 35.5 points per 36 on 57.8 TS% and 38% usage. So unless he went back in time and absorbed the soul of 05-06 Kobe Bryant I think we should probably just wait for the regular season to see what happens in all respects.
              Scraptor wrote: View Post
              I think... I think maybe DeMar did go back in time and absorb the soul of '05-06 Kobe Bryant.
              Small sample, yada yada yada, but through three games...

33.8 PTS/36 on 60% TS% and 38% usage. Hasn't slowed down yet.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I wouldn't expect him to slow down against these opponents either. Maybe on Wednesday if Otto Porter (length) has a good game, but Detroit and Denver really have no one to check him. With Miami, Sac, OKC, Cha and NYK on deck next, he could have a really good string of games for a while yet. It's too bad we don't face the Pacers until March.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  It also makes you wonder if Cousins isn't a bad cog on offense like Rudy Gay where he can fill up the stat sheet but the team isn't getting ahead but are worse off as a result. I do like that the Raptors are being very choosy of the type's of personalities they want on this team as opposed to somewhere like NYC or Houston where they do not care if you are a potential disruptive player to team building/chemistry.

Having Cousins in Toronto might be a great success or a huge failure, there is no in between.
                  i dunno about that. lowry wasn't exactly a model personality at first. james johnson always had that lingering attitude issue. john salmons didnt even want to come to toronto the first time.

i'd rather have an asshole'ish russell westbrook then a bunch of ok, but nice mannered players that will ultimately get the team nowhere.

Comment

• Demarcus was in peak form tonight, lol.

Comment

• I'm not entirely sure how this thread is still going but expect it to be moved and renamed at some point in the near future.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Yeah I'm really not sure what's going on, he's still channeling prime Kobe I guess

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          i dunno about that. lowry wasn't exactly a model personality at first. james johnson always had that lingering attitude issue. john salmons didnt even want to come to toronto the first time.

i'd rather have an asshole'ish russell westbrook then a bunch of ok, but nice mannered players that will ultimately get the team nowhere.
                          Well Masai didn't acquire Lowry, and if I remember right I think Masai actually sat Lowry down and told him something to the effect of if he didn't change his attitude and approach that would make the difference between him being a superstar in this league or being stuck at the level he was at when he left Houston.

Lowry definitely has a completely different attitude and approach now than he did when he came here. I also remember reading that he was planning to just "do his two years" and skip town when he came here.

Comment

• Demarcus Cousins had 6 fouls in 1 quarter last night. That's pretty awesome.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                              Demarcus Cousins had 6 fouls in 1 quarter last night. That's pretty awesome.
                              I didn't see the game but heard he got six fouls IN THE FOURTH. I'd love to know how the hell he made it through the first three quarters without taking any and then went on to accomplish that. That's some serious meltdown.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                I'm not entirely sure how this thread is still going but expect it to be moved and renamed at some point in the near future.
                                Yeah its a weird thread...now it's just talk about his season in Sacramento...

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X