Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    I never heard anything about him forcing Thomas out. You sure?
    Pretty sure. I remember stories of them wanting a more natural PG or something along those lines. At the time everyone assumed it was Cousins didn't like sharing the court with him because he wouldn't always defer to Cousins and would look to score himself even on key possessions.

There were follow up stories when they got Collison about how big an improvement it was as he'd push the pace and pass more...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Nov 4, 2016, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Ibaka's offence doesn't concern me (well, it's not my main concern). By basically every measure, he's been declining rapidly on the defensive end for years.

BLK%, from 2011-12 to 2015-16: 9.8%, 7.4%, 6.7%, 5.8%, 4.5%
      So far this year (SSS): 2.4%

DBPM, from 2011-12 to 2015-16: 3.8, 1.9, 2.3, 1.3, 1.0
      So far this year (SSS): -3.2

DRB%, from 2011-12 to 2015-16: 18.2%, 17%, 19.6%, 18.1%, 16.2%
      So far this year (SSS): 11.3%

With the exception of rebounding, where he peaked 3 years ago instead of 5 years ago, he's been on a steady defensive decline for half a decade. And early returns, untrustworthy as they may be, are not the least bit encouraging this year.
      What would you guess is the reason for the decline? Age? Lack of motivation? Poor conditioning? Poor fit?

I'm not pretending to know myself, but some of these issues may be fixable.

Comment

• Not sure where else to put this.. but Stein reported the following today:
        http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/...lopez-and-more

The Raptors are among the teams that have expressed interest in Philadelphia's very available Nerlens Noel, but sources say Toronto's initial preference in the wake of losing Jared Sullinger (foot) to injury is to give more minutes to various younger players (such as rookies Pascal Siakam and Jakob Poeltl) so they get first crack at filling the void.
        So the Noel rumours that occurred over the summer still live.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Not sure where else to put this.. but Stein reported the following today:

Yeah, I've been reading about it since noel didn't sign his extension. I'm a huge noel fan. I think ersan makes the money work for Ross so there's some moves to make moves perhaps.
          As much as I love noel there's some fit and contract issues. He could really help us vs lebron tho. His value will be at its lowest while injured leading to trade deadline. If there's one gm willing to overpay for Ross it's BC.
          I read conflicting reports whether it was Masai or BC that walked away first at the draft.

Comment

Does. Not. Shock. Me.

Another team/player we could go after that would fill the void at PF, grow with our club & maybe include bringing back a former Raptor would be JaMychal Green from Memphis.

You know my love for sleeper guys already, and Green fits the mold perfectly. He can hit 3's, defend & has 1 year left. Plus, we could bring back VC in the deal as a beautiful reunion/homecoming.

But eh, that's probably a pipe dream.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Side note: Nerlens Noel is what would happen if you put both members of Kid N' Play in a blender

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                Yeah, I've been reading about it since noel didn't sign his extension. I'm a huge noel fan. I think ersan makes the money work for Ross so there's some moves to make moves perhaps.
                As much as I love noel there's some fit and contract issues. He could really help us vs lebron tho. His value will be at its lowest while injured leading to trade deadline. If there's one gm willing to overpay for Ross it's BC.
                I read conflicting reports whether it was Masai or BC that walked away first at the draft.
                Philly has enough cap space where you can trade Ross for Noel straight up. My issue is we're pretty weak in 3pt shooting as is.. Lowry and 2Pat and possibly Powell would be the only three guys that can shoot from outside (and Sully but he's best at the corner like Scola was last year). Ross stretches the floor and makes it easier for DD to get into the paint.

I think Masai balked at that trade request in the summer.. so don't see it happening now anyway. Best case would be if BC becomes desperate and agrees to trade him for a combo of Wright, Bebe, Bruno or one of our picks. His next contract can be in the high teens though.. could end up being risky.

Comment

• Would think green replaces Zach, no?
                  Thx for posting planetmars.

Comment

Philly has enough cap space where you can trade Ross for Noel straight up. My issue is we're pretty weak in 3pt shooting as is.. Lowry and 2Pat and possibly Powell would be the only three guys that can shoot from outside (and Sully but he's best at the corner like Scola was last year). Ross stretches the floor and makes it easier for DD to get into the paint.

I think Masai balked at that trade request in the summer.. so don't see it happening now anyway. Best case would be if BC becomes desperate and agrees to trade him for a combo of Wright, Bebe, Bruno or one of our picks. His next contract can be in the high teens though.. could end up being risky.
                    Carroll?

I think we'd take a small hit in three point shooting, mostly because Powell is not as proven as Ross, but it's not like both play now, so we'd be going from Carroll, Lowry, Ross, PP most nights to Carroll, Lowry, Powell, PP. Shooting depth would be hurt, but not active rotation shooting by much.

Not sure about the desire to chase a C who will get a big raise in the summer though. He's a poor fit at PF so you can't pay him extra to be part of a three man big rotation.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Good point about Phillys cap space Mars.
                      Why would Philly want carroll? Aside from 3s. Hes old. They have simmons and saric to guard sf. They're looking at guys like Crabbe to play sg, handle a bit and shoot.
                      I think noel would work defensively at the 4 bc he can move his feet and his lack of strength is a weakness for some 5s. He can't work with jv on offense but he could work with Sully maybe. Assuming Sully can hit the corner 3 (not sure he can?) It allows noel to play high post for screens and lobs. On D Sully can match bigger 5s.
                      Gives us a different look than jv, more like biz. We needed that against j.wall. 80-100m is too much for him as a backup. Depends whether they think he can develop a jumper but that's a huge if.
                      This is a very different conversation if we know what we have in Sully. Im just bias bc i love noel type players.
                      I wouldn't give up Ross unless he reverts to old ross. I'd give wright, etc but that's not such a match for Philly and another team can top that.

Comment

I still believe Noel could be a fantastic defender, but injuries have been a bit of an issue and he didn't progress as much as one would have hoped last year. I would still go for a Ross for Noel swap though.

If we are looking to trade though, I would look at Utah. With extending Gobert, and Hill + Hayward becoming free agents this summer they are looking at the tax, with Favors a free agent the summer after with Hood and Exum up for extension then as well. Seems like someone good must be available soon.

Comment

• Yeah, I've been thinking about favors. I like him but I'm not sure he's the perfect fit next to jv.
                          We've got all these assets and whenever we pull the trigger it's gotta be perfect imo. The stars might not align for a long time. I'm hoping that some of the younger guys like Lyles, Parker, Gordon, etc start to breakout and somehow become available. Like trying to find millsap when he's on the cusp of being millsap and still only 25ish.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Pretty sure. I remember stories of them wanting a more natural PG or something along those lines. At the time everyone assumed it was Cousins didn't like sharing the court with him because he wouldn't always defer to Cousins and would look to score himself even on key possessions.

There were follow up stories when they got Collison about how big an improvement it was as he'd push the pace and pass more...
                            I remember the "them" but never heard anything about Cousins being included as a part of "them".
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Side note: Nerlens Noel is what would happen if you put both members of Kid N' Play in a blender

I see a whole lotta Bart Simpson in Nerlens Noel. Can't believe the internet hasn't made the connection yet.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                I remember the "them" but never heard anything about Cousins being included as a part of "them".
                                I do remember some stories specifically saying that it seemed clear Cousins didn't like playing with him cuz Thomas had too much alpha dog in him.

Obviously no word came directly from his mouth, but it seemed pretty clear from his body language and attitude on the court. The same way he never explicitly said anything to get Karl fired, just yelled at him on the bench during timeouts and made general remarks on the team's tactics and such.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X