Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I do remember some stories specifically saying that it seemed clear Cousins didn't like playing with him cuz Thomas had too much alpha dog in him.

Obviously no word came directly from his mouth, but it seemed pretty clear from his body language and attitude on the court. The same way he never explicitly said anything to get Karl fired, just yelled at him on the bench during timeouts and made general remarks on the team's tactics and such.
    To be fair, he was right about wanting Karl fired.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      To be fair, he was right about wanting Karl fired.
      I dont know...im not even a big Karl fan, but the franchise hired him because of his track record and credibility and Cousins looked very close to choking him Sprewell style on the bench more than once. Like he never even gave him a chance, as if it was disrespectful to him that they hired a coach he'd have to listen to. Karl never had a chance partly because Cousins never seemed to give him one, and he's coached some guys with not so great reps.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        I dont know...im not even a big Karl fan, but the franchise hired him because of his track record and credibility and Cousins looked very close to choking him Sprewell style on the bench more than once. Like he never even gave him a chance, as if it was disrespectful to him that they hired a coach he'd have to listen to. Karl never had a chance partly because Cousins never seemed to give him one, and he's coached some guys with not so great reps.
        Didn't seem like Karl gave Cousins much of a chance either though. Open warfare in the media with your best player doesn't seem like the best way to win over a new team. Plus the team had just fired their most successful coach in the Boogie era whom
        Cousins was a fan of. Karl was an elephant in the room for Cousins relationship with the franchise then went out of his way to further antagonize Cousins. Again, hard to blame Cousins too much for that one.

Karl seemed like a coach past his expiry and was just going through the motions, trusting his reputation to do the work. Sort of like Lenny Wilkins when he was here.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Well we'll see how the team does with Joerger this year. I really like him as a coach and seems like he's good at handling different personalities. Also feel like even though MEM had talent they always at least slightly overachieved with him (they lacked key things like anyone who could shoot a 3 around a core of bigs and a PG). Anything less than the playoffs would be a huge failure.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Bigger disagreement is on Millsap - if you are going all in on Lowry this summer and are willing to pay good money to compete, Millsap is exactly the sort of guy to gamble on. Upgrading an area of weakness (dramatically) at the cost of only picks/prospects and bench players? Done deal in my mind. Obviously you don't want to go deep into future draft picks (as there is a long term risk to locking up Lowry/Millsap) but both picks this year are easy enough to part with.

And what do you mean by "what we'll have available after signing Lowry?" If we are willing to pay, we can keep either player (Ibaka/Millsap) and Lowry.
            Ok so in this scenario where we keep Millsap give me a rough break down of the numbers you have where you think we retain Millsap considering Lowry will be a max or near max contract ($24-25M, could be more), DeMar ($27.7M), Carroll ($15M), JV ($15.5M and increasing)

So just on 4 players we're at about $82M and climbing with DD and JV's increases and we still haven't allocated any money to the bench and it's safe to assume Millsap will command $20M at minimum so we'd have $102+M in contracts just in the starting lineup and somehow we'll have a bench when we'll need to trade picks for Millsap who will be 32 years old next season and to top it off that's as a big man?! Sounds like a great plan but forgive me if I pass.

Comment

• All these trades work financially. It's not gonna happen but just for fun.
              Noel, saric for Dmc, cojo/Ross/norm/delon
              Noel, saric for Ross, cojo/delon
              Noel, saric for cojo, norm
              Noel for cojo/Ross/Dmc
              Noel for delon, bebe
              Throw in a 1st if necessary

Sixers fans seem keenest on norm, cojo, Ross, delon (in that order). No clue on Dmc.
              Holmes, ersan, sauce Castillo, roco are also pieces.
              If it's true that Masai had interest but asked for more than Ross for Noel perhaps he can get a better deal now that noel is injured, disgruntled, unsigned and simmons is hurt. Our situation has changed with the Sully injury but the rooks are holding water for now.
              Thoughts?

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                Ok so in this scenario where we keep Millsap give me a rough break down of the numbers you have where you think we retain Millsap considering Lowry will be a max or near max contract ($24-25M, could be more), DeMar ($27.7M), Carroll ($15M), JV ($15.5M and increasing)

So just on 4 players we're at about $82M and climbing with DD and JV's increases and we still haven't allocated any money to the bench and it's safe to assume Millsap will command $20M at minimum so we'd have $102+M in contracts just in the starting lineup and somehow we'll have a bench when we'll need to trade picks for Millsap who will be 32 years old next season and to top it off that's as a big man?! Sounds like a great plan but forgive me if I pass.
                I'd assume Lowry and Millsap at at least 30M each. So we'd be looking at about 20M into the tax or so.

You can argue how great the plan is all you like, that wasn't the point. You were questioning our ability to keep both players, which is unfettered by the cap - it's just a question of how much tax we pay.

That said, if you want to take a shot at the big guys, it should cost getting into the tax to do it. And it probably will.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                  All these trades work financially. It's not gonna happen but just for fun.
                  Noel, saric for Dmc, cojo/Ross/norm/delon
                  Noel, saric for Ross, cojo/delon
                  Noel, saric for cojo, norm
                  Noel for cojo/Ross/Dmc
                  Noel for delon, bebe
                  Throw in a 1st if necessary

Sixers fans seem keenest on norm, cojo, Ross, delon (in that order). No clue on Dmc.
                  Holmes, ersan, sauce Castillo, roco are also pieces.
                  If it's true that Masai had interest but asked for more than Ross for Noel perhaps he can get a better deal now that noel is injured, disgruntled, unsigned and simmons is hurt. Our situation has changed with the Sully injury but the rooks are holding water for now.
                  Thoughts?
                  We're not getting Saric. Philly has made it clear that he, Embiid and Simmons are their future so far. It's Noel and Okafor they want gone. The guy they might be willing to part with would be Covington which may suit us as we do need a SF that can shoot.

Of those deals you're suggesting I most like Delon and Bebe but doubtful it gets it done. I do think what BC wants is a straight swap of Ross for Noel since they need a SG, he drafted Ross and he's locked in.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    I'd assume Lowry and Millsap at at least 30M each. So we'd be looking at about 20M into the tax or so.

You can argue how great the plan is all you like, that wasn't the point. You were questioning our ability to keep both players, which is unfettered by the cap - it's just a question of how much tax we pay.

That said, if you want to take a shot at the big guys, it should cost getting into the tax to do it. And it probably will.
                    So you're actually thinking both get near $30M which would make our starting lineup cost roughly $117M which may work under the CBA but not sure how you create a bench when you're already over the cap keeping in mind we'd have to have traded 2-3 of our players ie/ Ross, CoJo and Pat or Sully and likely one player to make salaries match now so being that we likely also would have given up a pick interested in how you with CBA rules in mind fill your roster when you're at $117M as you suggest keeping in mind we'll no rights to the new 3-4 players we'd need to sign?!

Comment

So you're actually thinking both get near $30M which would make our starting lineup cost roughly $117M which may work under the CBA but not sure how you create a bench when you're already over the cap...
                      Wouldn't you sign Lowry last, after filling the roster spots, and use his Bird rights?

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        Wouldn't you sign Lowry last, after filling the roster spots, and use his Bird rights?
                        Right so irregardless in a little thing called reality were still suggesting to fill 3-4 roster spots with $117M designated to the starting lineup considering the second highest salary in the league right now is POR at $119M for their entire team and the highest is championship CLE at $131...so we'd planning on filling the 3-4 roster spots with $12-13M in today's market?! lol good luck with that.

Comment

Right so irregardless in a little thing called reality were still suggesting to fill 3-4 roster spots with $117M designated to the starting lineup considering the second highest salary in the league right now is POR at $119M for their entire team and the highest is championship CLE at $131...so we'd planning on filling the 3-4 roster spots with $12-13M in today's market?! lol good luck with that.
                          I don't get it bro. In this completely hypothetical example of trading for a stud power forward only we're probably trading 2-3 guys and a pick or two depending on the players involved. We already have 15 players and would be getting someone back. Should still have a bench with the depth we have already.

If you're getting an all star power forward that wants to stay you make that trade.

Comment

• Also that's assuming MLSE would be willing to have the highest paid roster in the league without a "LeBron" level player, not even favorites in the East and being that the entire starting lineup is locked would be subject to being repeated offenders to the cap...

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                              I don't get it bro. In this completely hypothetical example of trading for a stud power forward only we're probably trading 2-3 guys and a pick or two depending on the players involved. We already have 15 players and would be getting someone back. Should still have a bench with the depth we have already.

If you're getting an all star power forward that wants to stay you make that trade.
                              Because I think some people aren't factoring reality into this decision...

1. It's making the assumption MLSE will be willing to repeat offenders of the cap without having the massive draw n ratings dollars of LBJ

2. Most of you I guess aren't taken into consideration Paul will be 32 n already was dealing with an injury. Should really take q look at how drastically most big men's careers changed after that age ie/ even better PFs like Webber, KG n Barkley and we're suggesting maxing him out?! lol If Paul was in his late 20s absolutely I don't worry about this n get it done but the move doesn't make much sense as some of you think

Comment

So you're actually thinking both get near $30M which would make our starting lineup cost roughly $117M which may work under the CBA but not sure how you create a bench when you're already over the cap keeping in mind we'd have to have traded 2-3 of our players ie/ Ross, CoJo and Pat or Sully and likely one player to make salaries match now so being that we likely also would have given up a pick interested in how you with CBA rules in mind fill your roster when you're at $117M as you suggest keeping in mind we'll no rights to the new 3-4 players we'd need to sign?!
                                Who are the new players we'd need to sign? End of bench guys? How much of our bench do you think we are trading away to get Millsap? You know the other team has to have roster spots open to absorb incoming players, right? At most it is probably 3 outgoing guys to get Millsap, or maybe 4 if 2 guys come back our way. Either way, only cutting 2 guys from the roster. In theory we wouldn't have to sign anyone else at all, but we'd still have the tax MLE and the minimum exception to sign guys to add depth. Assuming Sully and Pat and Ross are gone (two in the trade, one in free agency), you still have Siakam and Poeltl (or BeBe depending on who gets moved for Millsap) and CoJo and Powell and maybe even Wright as your bench. That assumes both picks are traded away plus one of the C prospects along with the salaried bench pieces.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X