Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lewro wrote: View Post
    That was in the summer. Rumour now is Philly wants cojo and a 1st.
    ... I'd give that some serious consideration, actually, especially if we could convince Philly to part with one of their second rounders to get the deal done. While Cojo has been a great pick-up for us, and he has contributed greatly to our hard-nosed defensive identity and production on the second unit (and would continue to do so if we kept him), Noel has the potential to shore up our power forward position in a way that Jared Sullinger, whose services we will not be able to retain if they are actually worth retaining, cannot, and the trade opens up more minutes for Powell and Ross together, which I'm totally in favor of.

If we were to do this trade, we would need to make another trade fairly quickly to balance the roster - particularly because we'd be platooning Van Vleet and Powell at PG if Kyle got injured. But we'd also have a lot of options for that trade; Sullinger (once tradeable) would join Bebe as being clearly expendable, and we would also have multiple feasible options in place if a more meaningful trade offer came up for one of our other frontcourt pieces.

Comment

• Noel trade won't happen till his back healthy anyways. When he is back than things should get interesting.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Van Fleet and a 2nd rounder won't get you much. Sixers have more than enough second rounders as it is.
        okay then
        VanFleet for Noel and a second from Philly
        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
          okay then
          VanFleet for Noel and a second from Philly
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
            ... I'd give that some serious consideration, actually, especially if we could convince Philly to part with one of their second rounders to get the deal done. While Cojo has been a great pick-up for us, and he has contributed greatly to our hard-nosed defensive identity and production on the second unit (and would continue to do so if we kept him), Noel has the potential to shore up our power forward position in a way that Jared Sullinger, whose services we will not be able to retain if they are actually worth retaining, cannot, and the trade opens up more minutes for Powell and Ross together, which I'm totally in favor of.

If we were to do this trade, we would need to make another trade fairly quickly to balance the roster - particularly because we'd be platooning Van Vleet and Powell at PG if Kyle got injured. But we'd also have a lot of options for that trade; Sullinger (once tradeable) would join Bebe as being clearly expendable, and we would also have multiple feasible options in place if a more meaningful trade offer came up for one of our other frontcourt pieces.
            I agree with most of this, particularly the Ross/norm combo.
            I'm not as worried about the pg depth bc by the time noel gets back delon should be close and I think fvv can hold down the fort (although we should give him a few mins in the meantime to test that notion).
            It's important to understand that cojo is the ask, not the offer. Delon, bebe 1st might be the best offer they get. That is a no brainer imo. Trading spare parts for a potential dpoy - yes plz.
            I think some here that compare noel to biz haven't watched the guy play and are looking too deeply into analytics from a rookie/soph on a train wreck team, playing out of position with their 2nd best player at the same spot.
            This kind of a talent upgrade for potentially peanuts is a rare and great opportunity.

Comment

• Is the idea to have Noel back up JV, or play beside him?

Comment

• CoJo and a late first seems pretty cheap.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

CoJo and a late first seems pretty cheap.
                  Yeah I'd do that in a heartbeat assuming Delon is coming back fairly soon. I mean otherwise what was the point of drafting Delon right? He should be able to step into that combo guard role and be effective, possibly even more effective than CoJo long-term given he's 6'5 with a fairly long wingspan.

Comment

CoJo and a late first seems pretty cheap.
                    Depends who you ask (don't ask DanH). From what I've read from sixers fans they're somewhat happy just to get a first and hope for best young guard under cheap control for awhile. They covet norm. No way! Norm is god.

Comment

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DCWi5msP_ZY

Noel is not biz on offense. Closer to deandre.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        Is the idea to have Noel back up JV, or play beside him?
                        That is the question. Noel is a center. Sixers were destroyed when they used him at PF.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• I know Noel has been bad at the 4 but, that was playing with the worst backcourts in NBA history.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            That is the question. Noel is a center. Sixers were destroyed when they used him at PF.
                            A part of that struggles would also include how limited Okafor is. JV is a better player so it's possible it could work.

Comment

• I think the idea is back up. They can get some spot mins at 4 if need be. Definitely fit questions but if the price is cheap it's a great rental option and see what happens.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                I'm not sure I like it either way, although I admit I have seen very little of Noel, so I hesitate to pass judgement. And although it's just 5 games in, I really like what Poeltl has brought to the table, and I want to see more of him going forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X