No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe it allows pat to start? Noel/siakam is a nightmare on offense but at least it's not yak/siak and maybe siakam jumper comes along later in the season?

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
      I'm not sure I like it either way, although I admit I have seen very little of Noel, so I hesitate to pass judgement. And although it's just 5 games in, I really like what Poeltl has brought to the table, and I want to see more of him going forward.
      I posted highlights in the previous page.
      I'd like to see bebe play. It's a lot to ask yak play 100 games on an ecf team and if jv gets hurt we're thin. Less so with Sully but fat guy on one foot is not ecf material.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
        I think the idea is back up. They can get some spot mins at 4 if need be. Definitely fit questions but if the price is cheap it's a great rental option and see what happens.
        I think the idea would be to use him the same way as Sully.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Maybe it allows pat to start? Noel/siakam is a nightmare on offense but at least it's not yak/siak and maybe siakam jumper comes along later in the season?
          perhaps, and then when Sully returns you have various frontcourt options to roll with. And I guess Poeltl and Pascal would lose their minutes. I honestly don't know how I feel about that, but they are rookies and will have plenty of time to get minutes next season and beyond. I think it's too early in the season for me to get behind any trades right now. But I feel about Poeltl the same way I feel/felt about Norman, and that he is a legit NBA player and very likely an impact one at that.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
            perhaps, and then when Sully returns you have various frontcourt options to roll with. And I guess Poeltl and Pascal would lose their minutes. I honestly don't know how I feel about that, but they are rookies and will have plenty of time to get minutes next season and beyond. I think it's too early in the season for me to get behind any trades right now. But I feel about Poeltl the same way I feel/felt about Norman, and that he is a legit NBA player and very likely an impact one at that.
            I'm not putting any stock in Sully. Would think he's getting fatter with one foot.
            I like the rooks but heavy mins on 905 would be a good thing too. Similar your norm comp.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              I think the idea would be to use him the same way as Sully.

Yeah, I think you are right but maybe a little more 5/4 than 4/5 compared to sully. Raps would need the Sully situation as you say but noel is so much less familiar with the 4 than Sully. I'm splitting hairs but I think noel is big insurance if jv goes down or certain matchups. We'd be in trouble if jv gets hurt right now.

Comment

Yeah, I think you are right but maybe a little more 5/4 than 4/5 compared to sully. Raps would need the Sully situation as you say but noel is so much less familiar with the 4 than Sully. I'm splitting hairs but I think noel is big insurance if jv goes down or certain matchups. We'd be in trouble if jv gets hurt right now.
                I think it's the lack of rim protection. Every team that has beaten LBJ has had good rim protection. Raptors lack that right now.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think it's the lack of rim protection. Every team that has beaten LBJ has had good rim protection. Raptors lack that right now.
                  The Spurs dismantled him the worst with Tiago Splitter at C and a 38 year old Tim Duncan at PF/C.

Smart schemes and great execution is the real common denominator.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• If the goal is to beat the Cavs, then I'd rather have CoJo than Noel.. CoJo has proven he can defend Irving. We don't need guys defending Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love.

Cav's were 23rd last year in Points in the Paint. And they are 25th this year (sample size is small, but trend seems to be the same as last year). So I'd rather have a defensive guard than a defensive big if I'm trying to beat them.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      The Spurs dismantled him the worst with Tiago Splitter at C and a 38 year old Tim Duncan at PF/C.

Smart schemes and great execution is the real common denominator.
                      Tim Duncan was still a good rim protector that year. Better than what we have right now.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        If the goal is to beat the Cavs, then I'd rather have CoJo than Noel.. CoJo has proven he can defend Irving. We don't need guys defending Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love.

Cav's were 23rd last year in Points in the Paint. And they are 25th this year (sample size is small, but trend seems to be the same as last year). So I'd rather have a defensive guard than a defensive big if I'm trying to beat them.
                        Cojo as good as he is, he isn't going to stop Kyrie from getting to the rim. At least with Noel you would have a big that effect his lay ups. You would still have norm(Wright as well) as a primary defender.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          If the goal is to beat the Cavs, then I'd rather have CoJo than Noel.. CoJo has proven he can defend Irving. We don't need guys defending Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love.

Maybe delon is the one dealt. One thing Ross defends well is small fast pgs. Norm can too. Delon is supposed to be able to. Norm and Ross give us more offense and shooting than cojo. They might even be better at passing? Generally we have a strong back court.
                          Jv, poeltl, siakam, pat. That's ok but a full season and playoffs is a stretch. I'm discounting Sully bc I'm not expecting much.

Comment

• These Noel rumours come out and JV misses a game? I'm taking this rumour a lot more serious.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I know Noel has been bad at the 4 but, that was playing with the worst backcourts in NBA history.

The guy is terrible outside of 3 ft. Look at his numbers.

As a C Philly was outscored by 6 pts/100 poss. As a PF Philly was outscored by 20 pts/100 poss.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Cojo as good as he is, he isn't going to stop Kyrie from getting to the rim. At least with Noel you would have a big that effect his lay ups. You would still have norm(Wright as well) as a primary defender.

Cavs are in the bottom tier of teams that score points in the paint. So stopping Kyrie from getting to the rim isn't really that helpful.

Better to have a perimeter defender than a rim protector if you're trying to beat the Cavs (or the Warriors). Wright is too inexperienced, and both Norm/Ross do better against 2's and 3's.

Comment

Working...
                                X