Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lewro wrote: View Post
    Maybe delon is the one dealt. One thing Ross defends well is small fast pgs. Norm can too. Delon is supposed to be able to. Norm and Ross give us more offense and shooting than cojo. They might even be better at passing? Generally we have a strong back court.
    Jv, poeltl, siakam, pat. That's ok but a full season and playoffs is a stretch. I'm discounting Sully bc I'm not expecting much.
    Ross rarely covers a small fast point guard. Maybe as a rookie, but not anymore. He and Norm are better against 2's and 3's.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Cavs are in the bottom tier of teams that score points in the paint. So stopping Kyrie from getting to the rim isn't really that helpful.

Better to have a perimeter defender than a rim protector if you're trying to beat the Cavs (or the Warriors). Wright is too inexperienced, and both Norm/Ross do better against 2's and 3's.
      In a playoffs series Kyrie and LBJ will get to the paint. A lot.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        In a playoffs series Kyrie and LBJ will get to the paint. A lot.

Out of 16 playoffs teams last year, the Cavs ranked 15th in FGA in the paint. They were ranked 14th in FGM in the paint.
        http://stats.nba.com/league/team/#!/...29%20FGA&dir=1

*EDIT - okay that doesn't include the restricted area. If you just look at the restricted area they are 8th in FGA.

Still would prefer to have a good defender in the back court over one in the front court.
        Last edited by planetmars; Sun Nov 6, 2016, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• I don't know if you want to trade Delon just yet since Kyle is in his last year... not to say Kyle won't sign back but never know, so keep the young guy -- worst case you can always swing a deal in the offseason for any holes you may need to fill (A PF might be one if both P Pat and Sullinger disappear).

Comment

Ross rarely covers a small fast point guard. Maybe as a rookie, but not anymore. He and Norm are better against 2's and 3's.
            Norms was better than cojo on wall, the fastest guy in the league. You're right that they don't use Ross in that way but I think they should have def tried him on wall. He might be as good as cojo.
            Besides, not sure they can't get noel for delon anyway meaning we don't lose cory.

Comment

Out of 16 playoffs teams last year, the Cavs ranked 15th in FGA in the paint. They were ranked 14th in FGM in the paint.
              http://stats.nba.com/league/team/#!/...29%20FGA&dir=1

*EDIT - okay that doesn't include the restricted area. If you just look at the restricted area they are 8th in FGA.

Still would prefer to have a good defender in the back court over one in the front court.
              Back court is our strength. Front core is clearly thin in my opinion. Sully not get help on d much either aside from rebs which is not a weakness.

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
                I don't know if you want to trade Delon just yet since Kyle is in his last year... not to say Kyle won't sign back but never know, so keep the young guy -- worst case you can always swing a deal in the offseason for any holes you may need to fill (A PF might be one if both P Pat and Sullinger disappear).
                Cory is younger than Wright I think.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Cory is younger than Wright I think.

No. Cory is 25 yrs young. One year older than Delon.

Comment

• More I think about the deal that has been rumored. The more I think I would take it. Raptors have too many good guards. All around the same age and not enough playing time for all of them.

BC turns that 1st into a 2nd. I think you have to jump at it.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• 1st is a sticking point 100% in my mind. Talk him down to delon and 1st. We need a vet back up center.

Comment

More I think about the deal that has been rumored. The more I think I would take it. Raptors have too many good guards. All around the same age and not enough playing time for all of them.

BC turns that 1st into a 2nd. I think you have to jump at it.

Agreed.

His injury history makes him a major risk but at the cost of Corey and a 2nd, I'd do it. The alley oops Kyle and DeMar gave Bebe were just a preview of how well they could use an extremely explosive leaper like Noel and unlike Biz, he has some touch around the rim.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                          Agreed.

His injury history makes him a major risk but at the cost of Corey and a 2nd, I'd do it. The alley oops Kyle and DeMar gave Bebe were just a preview of how well they could use an extremely explosive leaper like Noel and unlike Biz, he has some touch around the rim.
                          Noel shot 69.7 percent in the restricted area. Particularly excels at lob finishes off the PnR. He's also a decent passer averages 1.8 assist for his career.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Noel shot 69.7 percent in the restricted area. Particularly excels at lob finishes off the PnR. He's also a decent passer averages 1.8 assist for his career.

Yeah, he can pass out of high post ok

Comment

Yeah, and Biz shot 62% in the restricted area last year.

Guys, Noel is great defensively. But he is very close to as much of a problem offensively as Biz was. Let's not delude ourselves into thinking the offence would run smoothly with him in the middle.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, he can pass out of high post ok
                                Almost 2 assist a game from a young big is pretty good. Especially if you take in how bad the players around him have been in his first two years.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X