Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Yeah, and Biz shot 62% in the restricted area last year.

Guys, Noel is great defensively. But he is very close to as much of a problem offensively as Biz was. Let's not delude ourselves into thinking the offence would run smoothly with him in the middle.
    C'mon Dan, Noel has way better hands than Biz.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Imagine a frontline rotation of Sully/2pat/JV/NN in the playoffs. Every big brings something different. You got quickness, strength, lenght and Ball IQ.

We can adapt and defend any style of play. Show a lot of different looks on offence as well.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Nov 7, 2016, 12:41 AM.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Imagine a frontline rotation of Sully/2pat/JV/NN in the playoffs. Every big brings something different. You got quickness, strength, lenght and Ball IQ.

We can adapt and defend any style of play. Show a lot of different looks on offence as well.

Sure. That's great.

Now imagine it is the following year and you only have JV left of that group. Not really worth trading away a pick or key guard from your rotation, now is it?
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          C'mon Dan, Noel has way better hands than Biz.

Yay? Low bar much. Better hands does not an effective offensive player make.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Sure. That's great.

Now imagine it is the following year and you only have JV left of that group. Not really worth trading away a pick or key guard from your rotation, now is it?
            Noel is restricted so we can match anything.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Yay? Low bar much. Better hands does not an effective offensive player make.
              So the guy catches the ball where he score 69.7 percent of the time. Why wouldn't he convert?

Doesn't have to be an offensive player. Just has to be efficient in the PnR.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Nov 7, 2016, 12:52 AM.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• The more I think about that Noel rumour the more I think it's not a good trade for us. It's a risky trade, the one i'm not willing to risk. Noel is a very good player.....when healthy....he's NEVER healthy. The guy has 2 wobbly knees.

Masai needs to focus on acquiring a 3pt shooter. A stretch 4............someone like Danilo Gallinari.

Pat Patterson is just not good enough.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  The more I think about that Noel rumour the more I think it's not a good trade for us. It's a risky trade, the one i'm not willing to risk. Noel is a very good player.....when healthy....he's NEVER healthy. The guy has 2 wobbly knees.

Masai needs to focus on acquiring a 3pt shooter. A stretch 4............someone like Danilo Gallinari.

Pat Patterson is just not good enough.
                  If you trade away Danilo Gallinari for 2Pat, I can guarantee you that if you think our defense is hard to watch now at time, you'll absolutely hate it when 2Pat is gone!

Comment

• I didn't say trade 2Pat though.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      The more I think about that Noel rumour the more I think it's not a good trade for us. It's a risky trade, the one i'm not willing to risk. Noel is a very good player.....when healthy....he's NEVER healthy. The guy has 2 wobbly knees.
                      Oh the irony of that statement then suggest Gallo...

FUNNY FACTS:

Last year Noel played in 62 games and 75 the previous season...

Gallo hasn't played 60 games since the 2012/13 season and hasn't even played 70 games a season since back in 2009-2010

Danilo has a far worse history of injury. He only played in 28 games in 08/09', only 62 games in 10/11, 43 games in 11/12, 59 games in 14/15 and 53 last year. He's the definition of injury prone lol

Comment

Guys, Noel is great defensively. But he is very close to as much of a problem offensively as Biz was. Let's not delude ourselves into thinking the offence would run smoothly with him in the middle.
                        He's somewhere between biz and deandre on offense.
                        Biz was really good for us vs. cavs. He came around as the yr went on. We really wanted to keep him but now we can get a better version of him for $4m.
                        Bebe was open on alley oops a number of times. Noel is excellent in this area and can be used.

Comment

Sure. That's great.

I don't think we should keep both picks. Cory hasn't been looking that key and don't assume we can't trade delon. Norms looking like he can take some of cojo mins too. And maybe shoot more.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            Biz was really good for us vs. cavs. He came around as the yr went on. We really wanted to keep him but now we can get a better version of him for $4m.
                            Bebe was open on alley oops a number of times. Noel is excellent in this area and can be used.
                            Your statement isn't true either.

Noel has a much softer touch than BOTH Biz and Jordan. Even if we disregard just watching footage of Noel being able to actually hit mid range jumpers and hooks it's also visible in the obvious difference in FT% as Nerlens averages roughly 60% from the line. Just because he lacks polish and good post moves does not mean his offence is the same as Biz or Jordan...while yes all of them can be used for lobs and drop offs very well, Noel has shown better shooting range and touch around the rim so no he wouldn't be between them or as the previous poster claims to be the same as Biz.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                              I would say that Noel is better than Deandre offensively. Lobs Deandre is the best. Everything else I'll give Noel the edge. Offensively. Not that it's anything to brag about lol

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

It's not delusional to say that there has been two sets of negotiations about this trade. We have a surplus of guards and wings with a clear need of front court depth.
                                Noel isn't a perfect fit or solve all our problems but he does solve some.
                                You have to throw out all if his play with Philly but that is a historic mess of an anamoly. You also can't just insert biz and assume that is Noel's fit. Just like you can't insert last yrs stats into this one. This is flawed and prejudice methodology.

Comment

Working...
                                X