Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I would say that Noel is better than Deandre offensively. Lobs Deandre is the best. Everything else I'll give Noel the edge. Offensively. Not that it's anything to brag about lol

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Deandre is better than biz. Demonstrates how that type of player can be used effectively while others dominate the ball.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      Your statement isn't true either.

Noel has a much softer touch than BOTH Biz and Jordan. Even if we disregard just watching footage of Noel being able to actually hit mid range jumpers and hooks it's also visible in the obvious difference in FT% as Nerlens averages roughly 60% from the line. Just because he lacks polish and good post moves does not mean his offence is the same as Biz or Jordan...while yes all of them can be used for lobs and drop offs very well, Noel has shown better shooting range and touch around the rim so no he wouldn't be between them or as the previous poster claims to be the same as Biz.
      Glad to be wrong. More trying to steer the repeated biz comment bc it's an exaggeration. Biz was a great player for us anyway. An upgrade? Yes plz!
      I think Dan is bias here bc noel isn't a statistical darling. Fuck, the guy plays on edge like norm. I'll take all those guys in the playoffs. Somebody's gotta bark back at Bron. There's no stat for that but damn sure it has as much impact as a "screen assist".

Comment

Noel is restricted so we can match anything.

Yay for paying a backup C 15M+! Didn't we go over this with Biz last year?
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Yay? Low bar much. Better hands does not an effective offensive player make.
          Narrow mind much

Comment

Yay for paying a backup C 15M+! Didn't we go over this with Biz last year?
            We could use the help now. I know you cojo but you willing to do delon and a 1st even?

Comment

So the guy catches the ball where he score 69.7 percent of the time. Why wouldn't he convert?

Doesn't have to be an offensive player. Just has to be efficient in the PnR.

Well, yeah. Which is why it is concerning Noel scored less than a point per possession as the roll man in the PnR last season, putting him in the 35th percentile league wide. He's a bad pick and roll option! He's not efficient in the pick and roll!
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Love

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                  We could use the help now. I know you cojo but you willing to do delon and a 1st even?
                  Could we really use the help now? BeBe and Jakob have been pretty good. Noel would be an upgrade, sure, but not a massive one. I would not trade a first for Noel. Period. He is a rental as the team won't pay him big money to stay next year. Trading 1st rounders for rentals is a bad idea.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

It's not delusional to say that there has been two sets of negotiations about this trade. We have a surplus of guards and wings with a clear need of front court depth.
                    Noel isn't a perfect fit or solve all our problems but he does solve some.
                    You have to throw out all if his play with Philly but that is a historic mess of an anamoly. You also can't just insert biz and assume that is Noel's fit. Just like you can't insert last yrs stats into this one. This is flawed and prejudice methodology.
                    We have a "clear need" of frontcourt depth because our frontcourt is currently injured. We have a surplus of wings/guards because our backcourt is currently not as injured. Transfer some of those frontcourt injuries to the backcourt (which very well could happen) and we'll be glad we have those guards and wondering what the heck we do with all our big men.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Well, yeah. Which is why it is concerning Noel scored less than a point per possession as the roll man in the PnR last season, putting him in the 35th percentile league wide. He's a bad pick and roll option! He's not efficient in the pick and roll!
                      We're all just happy that poeltl and bebe look like they are nba players at this point. Theyre not ready for 82 and ecf. We're gonna need help and noel is sick option for the asking price. Decide whether he fits long term AFter he plays

Comment

Glad to be wrong. More trying to steer the repeated biz comment bc it's an exaggeration. Biz was a great player for us anyway. An upgrade? Yes plz!
                        I think Dan is bias here bc noel isn't a statistical darling. Fuck, the guy plays on edge like norm. I'll take all those guys in the playoffs. Somebody's gotta bark back at Bron. There's no stat for that but damn sure it has as much impact as a "screen assist".
                        Nerlens would be a significant upgrade. Another thing he does that neither Jordan or Biz does is pressure perimeter players and actually attempt to steal or play passing lanes. He is much quicker laterally than either player and his footspeed is far more on par with Siakam than it is Biz which is why people see "DPOY" potential.

You will see some of that in footage like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJZ0H-lEvb0

Comment

We have a "clear need" of frontcourt depth because our frontcourt is currently injured. We have a surplus of wings/guards because our backcourt is currently not as injured. Transfer some of those frontcourt injuries to the backcourt (which very well could happen) and we'll be glad we have those guards and wondering what the heck we do with all our big men.
                          Our guards are not rookies. Aside fvv. Paterson is a backup. I've written off Sully until I see otherwise. Jv has a long injury and we are in huge shit and lose leverage on Noel, if he is available

Comment

We're all just happy that poeltl and bebe look like they are nba players at this point. Theyre not ready for 82 and ecf. We're gonna need help and noel is sick option for the asking price. Decide whether he fits long term AFter he plays
                            Why after he plays? We already know he doesn't fit long term unless you are paying through the nose for a guy you can only play 18 minutes a night since he's completely useless at PF. You have to pay the price up front, and if he's going to leave after a year then right there he is not worth a 1st round pick.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Our guards are not rookies. Aside fvv. Paterson is a backup. I've written off Sully until I see otherwise. Jv has a long injury and we are in huge shit and lose leverage on Noel, if he is available
                              What's that? If our starting PF and our starting C go down we are in trouble? You don't say. Welcome to the NBA. We'd be in trouble with Noel on board as well.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                                Nerlens would be a significant upgrade. Another thing he does that neither Jordan or Biz does is pressure perimeter players and actually attempt to steal or play passing lanes. He is much quicker laterally than either player and his footspeed is far more on par with Siakam than it is Biz which is why people see "DPOY" potential.

You will see some of that in footage like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJZ0H-lEvb0
                                You have to translate this into brail stats for Dan. He is blind.

Comment

Working...
                                X