Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shredder wrote: View Post
    Better than VanFleet. Pest on D. Could get him for cheap.
    I'd rather promote Axel Toupane (in case we need a wing, which we currently don't) then Stephenson.

Comment

• Lance is terrible.

Comment

• Lance is going to be out of the league shortly. Terrible idea.

Comment

• Count me as a hard no on noel. He's the odd man out on one of the worst teams in league history. That should tell you a little somethin
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Here's an optimistic thought about the trade process in general. Whenever we discuss a potential PF worth trading for, people often come up with the response of "Won't happen..the Celtics have the young players and draft picks to out bid us". The thing is, we are looking for a PF...possible the only position they aren't looking for (maybe PG as well). Part of Horford's reason for leaving atlanta was that he didn't want to play C next to Millsap (or so he didn't tell me). I can't imagine he would want to play along with another PF in Boston. No new trade ideas here...just some hope.

Comment

• Steve Kyler chat. Raptor related questions.

Christian Lumbeto

How serious is Noel to Toronto?

Steve Kyler

They’d like to have him, but I wouldn’t classify it as anything more than wanting a good player another team is willing to move. This is what the 76ers waited for. They wanted to let a few teams realize what they were missing and extract more value. It’s also let them see what Embiid really is before making a decision.

Row

On the Rockets fan sites, lots of rumors are floating about trade talks involving Nerlens Noel. Specifically, a 3-team trade involving PHX. Do you have any favorite destinations for Noel?

Steve Kyler

No secret the Nerlens is likely dealt, but keep in mind fan sites are not where viable information comes from. Marc Stein said Noel’s name recently, and that starts the speculation train.

Noel is coming off a knee surgery and will need to get healthy and back on the floor; that might happen at the end of the month if the five-week timetable is real.

Also keep in mind, this was the reason why the 76ers waited to trade him because the need market is opening up. Toronto has a need; Golden State has a need. I do not think Houston has anything that gets the 76ers to the table and I also don’t think they have a pressing need for a Noel. I know Phoenix doesn’t.

Hakim

Toronto look to be a team headed for 45-55 wins and a top 5 playoff seed.
              Is it possible for both the 3 and 4 positions to be upgraded through trade?
              – What will Raptors need to give up to get:
              1) Paul Millsap or Favors (unrealistic)?
              2) Jummy Butler (unrealistic) ?

Steve Kyler

I don’t think Favors is even a consideration. We’ll see what Atlanta does on Millsap, but the smart money says as long as they are competing they’ll hang on to him, but he can walk in July, so there is that.

As for Jimmy Butler – not remotely an option.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Count me as a hard no on noel. He's the odd man out on one of the worst teams in league history. That should tell you a little somethin
                He's not the odd man out bc hes the worst player or that the team does not have talent. All of the talent is in the forwards and he has the shortest contract. Their back court is a mess. Several guys on that team I'd love to have.

Comment

• Thx for posting Christian. I'm not so bullish that favors is a lock in Utah. They need an all-star and several key contracts expire around the same time and favors currently has the lowest PER of them. If Lyles gets it together than he makes more sense next to Golbert imo. Not that favors is a bad fit but he could get them a good piece.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    Here's an optimistic thought about the trade process in general. Whenever we discuss a potential PF worth trading for, people often come up with the response of "Won't happen..the Celtics have the young players and draft picks to out bid us". The thing is, we are looking for a PF...possible the only position they aren't looking for (maybe PG as well). Part of Horford's reason for leaving atlanta was that he didn't want to play C next to Millsap (or so he didn't tell me). I can't imagine he would want to play along with another PF in Boston. No new trade ideas here...just some hope.
                    Horford also said he wanted to play where the fans gave a shit. Maybe millsap will feel the same? . Probably he takes the biggest contract tho.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                      He's not the odd man out bc hes the worst player or that the team does not have talent. All of the talent is in the forwards and he has the shortest contract. Their back court is a mess. Several guys on that team I'd love to have.
                      I'm oversimplifying, sure, but the point being he's the most flawed of their 3 or 4 big men. He has very little offensive game, zero range. Valanciunas is already and likely always will be better all around, and frankly the jury out on poeltl being better than Noel is starting to look fairly promising. It feels like settling for a trade just to make a trade, with the ross/joseph/powell/bebe/1st etc bushel of assets its very important we use them correctly. You realistically only have one chance to acquire a star, and acquiring Noel, even if you shuffle the deck and flip jonas, likely will not help.

Furthermore, it is much more likely a center that isn't good defensively becomes much better later in his career, than a center that has zero offense becomes a good scorer..ever.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                        Thx for posting Christian. I'm not so bullish that favors is a lock in Utah. They need an all-star and several key contracts expire around the same time and favors currently has the lowest PER of them. If Lyles gets it together than he makes more sense next to Golbert imo. Not that favors is a bad fit but he could get them a good piece.
                        That's a little bit of an odd way to describe it. Yes, Favors has a low PER over the past 6 games, but he also put up two consecutive seasons of 20+ PER the last two years.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'm oversimplifying, sure, but the point being he's the most flawed of their 3 or 4 big men. He has very little offensive game, zero range. Valanciunas is already and likely always will be better all around, and frankly the jury out on poeltl being better than Noel is starting to look fairly promising. It feels like settling for a trade just to make a trade, with the ross/joseph/powell/bebe/1st etc bushel of assets its very important we use them correctly. You realistically only have one chance to acquire a star, and acquiring Noel, even if you shuffle the deck and flip jonas, likely will not help.

Furthermore, it is much more likely a center that isn't good defensively becomes much better later in his career, than a center that has zero offense becomes a good scorer..ever.
                          Noel is two years younger than JV. Nobody needs him to be a good scorer. Just an efficient one. He averaged 11.1, 8.1, 1.8 AST, 1.5 BLK, 1.8 STL on .521FG as 21 year old last year. Poeltl is 21 now.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Noel is two years younger than JV. Nobody needs him to be a good scorer. Just an efficient one. He averaged 11.1, 8.1, 1.8 AST, 1.5 BLK, 1.8 STL on .521FG as 21 year old last year. Poeltl is 21 now.

So if you need him to be efficient, how could you be happy with the 52% FG% and 59% FT%? Those don't exactly scream "efficient."

Defensively he's great, obviously.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Good post.
                              Re: I'm not an okafor fan. I am a saric fan but I don't think he will put up gaudy stats (like dpoy) but more well rounded but they're the same age. Noel put up sick def. #s his first yr when he got to play his position. Embiid and simmons could be generational talents so no shame there.
                              Jv is the best player but I'm not sure he's the better fit. That's why I like that we get to rent noel.
                              I agree re asset management. If we can get noel for delon,bebe 1st then we retain flexibility with a talent upgrade. If then we could trade jv, more so. If we don't like fit then resign him and trade him for a pick.
                              I like yak too but I can't see him vs cavs in ecf this yr. If we keep noel he could be the bridge to when he is ready or jv can.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                So if you need him to be efficient, how could you be happy with the 52% FG% and 59% FT%? Those don't exactly scream "efficient."

Defensively he's great, obviously.
                                I'm happy with 69.7 percent in the restricted area. Like you said defensively he is great. That's the biggest selling point to me. To beat LBJ we need a top 3 D. I think Noel with his tools can take us there.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X