No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only a handful of players that can give you 2 stls and 2 blks on nightly basis. Than he throws in 2 ast for fun. Kid is a stat sheet stuffer.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      That's a little bit of an odd way to describe it. Yes, Favors has a low PER over the past 6 games, but he also put up two consecutive seasons of 20+ PER the last two years.
      Yes, I'm aware and a favors fan. I'm saying I'm not so bullish that he can't be traded (re the op) bc there seems to be a fit issue with Golbert and favors production is down. That might make him more available or not a lock. However Lyles is not playing well either.

Comment

So if you need him to be efficient, how could you be happy with the 52% FG% and 59% FT%? Those don't exactly scream "efficient."

Defensively he's great, obviously.
        I'm ecstatic that siakam shot 50% last game. That's our starting pf. If siakam puts up the kind of numbers that noel did as a 20yr old rookie Id be over the moon. Hope it happens but doubt it. Noel is talented. We need talent and it's hard to get. Especially cheap and on a timeline.

Comment

• Dan, I know you are a big cory fan but would you do noel/bebe and a pick 1st or 2nd for noel?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
            Dan, I know you are a big cory fan but would you do noel/bebe and a pick 1st or 2nd for noel?
            Philly looks like they are about to circle the drain for a 5th consecutive year. After being whomped yet again tonight, this time by Utah, they are 0 and 6. They could be 0 and 12 before they see the next winnable game, the Suns at home. Its possible by the time Noel gets back they are 2 and 18.

Hard to drive any kind of value when your in that big a hole and are totally overstocked with bigs. They would have Embiid, Okafor, Noel, Saric , Simmons and Illyasova up front.

Noel is not the stretch 4 shot making kinda guy that the raps have been looking for in an almost holy grail type quest since Bosh left. The market for him is pretty lean and BC is trying to make one. If Noel is still on display and trader Bryan relents and accepts garage sale pricing Ujiri would be happy to add him to the collection of players we have..... but the price would be low... Something like Delon Wright and 2nd round pick.

The Raps can use Noel.. but they don't need Noel. So if you don't really need it... don't pay to big a price for him.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• I don't think delon,bebe and a pick is a lot. You do? I thought biz was huge for us in the playoffs and noel is better. Yaks great but Im not sure he's ready for that yet.
              There's always a compromise in trades and timing is important.

Comment

Dan, I know you are a big cory fan but would you do noel/bebe and a pick 1st or 2nd for noel?
                I think your offer is getting garbled there, not sure who the Raps are trading as you have Noel in there twice.

Assuming since you asked about Cory, you mean Cory, and simple answer is I would not trade Joseph straight up for Noel. Never mind prospects or picks.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I don't think delon,bebe and a pick is a lot. You do? I thought biz was huge for us in the playoffs and noel is better. Yaks great but Im not sure he's ready for that yet.
                  Again though, it's a one year rental, they wouldn't pay Biz big money to back up JV, they won't do it for Noel either. Biz provided great value because we grabbed him for cheap at zero asset cost. You are proposing moving multiple prospects or rotation players plus picks. That's not value.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think your offer is getting garbled there, not sure who the Raps are trading as you have Noel in there twice.

Assuming since you asked about Cory, you mean Cory, and simple answer is I would not trade Joseph straight up for Noel. Never mind prospects or picks.
                    Noel for delon/bebe and a pick 1st or 2nd.

Comment

I don't think delon,bebe and a pick is a lot. You do? I thought biz was huge for us in the playoffs and noel is better. Yaks great but Im not sure he's ready for that yet.
                      Philly probably won't want yet another big coming back so perhaps Ujiri tries to make the deal bigger...
                      Philly desperately needs wing and backcourt help... and we have players that can help and could interest Philly
                      Ujiri could angle to make the deal bigger than just Noel and ask for say Saric to be included with Noel for that backcourt and wing help...

Philly has lots of incoming draft picks and Colangelo is looking to improve the on court product sooner rather than later... 5 years of suckage is a lot to endure...BC would be asking for some of our rotation players if Ujiri wanted the deal to be more than Noel so its some mix of players we all like.. but to get something you have to give up something...
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Nov 8, 2016, 01:06 AM.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• There will be no trade involving Toronto ... Mark my word. This is coming from the organisation.

Comment

Again though, it's a one year rental, they wouldn't pay Biz big money to back up JV, they won't do it for Noel either. Biz provided great value because we grabbed him for cheap at zero asset cost. You are proposing moving multiple prospects or rotation players plus picks. That's not value.
                          We didn't have biz bird rights and I believe Masai sincerely wanted to resign him. Noel is better with more upside.
                          We don't use the prospects, except bebe but noel upgrades him. Not value for a potential dpoy for players that sit on the bench on a win now team? We have 3 picks next yr and 7/15 players are young or rookies. Again, we're trying to win now.
                          Buying cheap on Noel still leaves some assets and expirings to trade for a stretch 4 IF we are lucky and one comes on market.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            Philly probably won't want yet another big coming back so perhaps Ujiri tries to make the deal bigger...
                            Philly desperately needs wing and backcourt help... and we have players that can help and could interest Philly
                            Ujiri could angle to make the deal bigger than just Noel and ask for say Saric to be included with Noel for that backcourt and wing help...

Philly has lots of picks and Colangelo is looking to improve the on court product .. think he would be asking for some of our rotation players if Ujiri wanted the deal to be more than Noel so its some mix of players we all like.. but to get something you have to give up something...
                            I'm throwing in bebe to make salaries work. The principle for Philly would be a 1st, delon is a sweetener. They'd have to swallow bebe just to get something for noel if that's the best offer.

Comment

We didn't have biz bird rights and I believe Masai sincerely wanted to resign him. Noel is better with more upside.
                              We don't use the prospects, except bebe but noel upgrades him. Not value for a potential dpoy for players that sit on the bench on a win now team? We have 3 picks next yr and 7/15 players are young or rookies. Again, we're trying to win now.
                              Buying cheap on Noel still leaves some assets and expirings to trade for a stretch 4 IF we are lucky and one comes on market.
                              Raps had a deal lined up to dump Ross to clear cap room to get Gasol. Could easily have pulled the same deal to clear enough room for Biz. But it would have been crazy to spend so much on a backup C who can't play PF.

You said Delon and BeBe - two prospects under team control for a guy who will almost certainly receive offers out of our price range. Plus a pick.

Delon, BeBe, and a second I might be able to live with, though I wouldn't make the trade. A first, no way.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Raps had a deal lined up to dump Ross to clear cap room to get Gasol. Could easily have pulled the same deal to clear enough room for Biz. But it would have been crazy to spend so much on a backup C who can't play PF.

You said Delon and BeBe - two prospects under team control for a guy who will almost certainly receive offers out of our price range. Plus a pick.

Delon, BeBe, and a second I might be able to live with, though I wouldn't make the trade. A first, no way.
                                Gasol didn't want to come here. It's hard to actually land talent. Ross is more important to us than bebe/delon. Clearing cap room and going over with bird rights are not the same thing, right? You are capologist, you tell me? We can match anything and then trade him, no? How much would his cap hit be? $12m?
                                Noel has been a starting center. He's better than biz. Noel can play pf, he's just not great at it. We're starting siakam. You don't think we needed biz vs Bron? I like yak but hes a huge puss. See him in Utah? That would be cruel at this point. I think you underestimate guys that play with edge. Norm, Lowry, etc. That matters in the playoffs. Guys like Ross shit the bed. Doesn't show up in the stats tho.
                                Philly pretty much has to trade the guy now and there's not much reported competition for him atm. I'd say a 1st is baseline. Sully could be the salary match for example. Sully delon still leaves bebe as an asset. We can hoard assets but the perfect fit at the perfect time with just the right pieces and no other bidder is hard. We are capped out in FA (assuming Lowry, etc). If we don't spend too much on Noel that is a win now upgrade and we still have assets IF we have another option come up. Plus, I think we can resign and trade him to get assets back, no?

Comment

Working...
                                X