Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Philly probably won't want yet another big coming back so perhaps Ujiri tries to make the deal bigger...
    Philly desperately needs wing and backcourt help... and we have players that can help and could interest Philly
    Ujiri could angle to make the deal bigger than just Noel and ask for say Saric to be included with Noel for that backcourt and wing help...

Philly has lots of incoming draft picks and Colangelo is looking to improve the on court product sooner rather than later... 5 years of suckage is a lot to endure...BC would be asking for some of our rotation players if Ujiri wanted the deal to be more than Noel so its some mix of players we all like.. but to get something you have to give up something...
    Cory, Sully for ersan, noel
    Sully, delon, bebe for ersan, noel
    Delon, Dmc for roco, ersan, noel

Picks if necessary

Comment

• I don't mind Ross, Bebe, Delon and 2nd for Noel and Saric..........any chance at all that Philly would bite?
      everybody wang chun tonight

Comment

• mefirstgg wrote: View Post
        I don't mind Ross, Bebe, Delon and 2nd for Noel and Saric..........any chance at all that Philly would bite?
        Essentially zero imo. They might give up one or the other but not both. I don't think there's really that much pressure on Colangelo tbh. Simmons's injury and the sensible minutes restrictions for Embiid and Okafor have bought him some time.

No one's going to bite on Noel until after he's on the court anyway.

Comment

• Do Wright and Noel's timetable match up. I know Noel is expected back in December. How about Wright?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Do Wright and Noel's timetable match up. I know Noel is expected back in December. How about Wright?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            Last we heard it was December-January sometime, but very fuzzy.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
              Gasol didn't want to come here. It's hard to actually land talent. Ross is more important to us than bebe/delon. Clearing cap room and going over with bird rights are not the same thing, right? You are capologist, you tell me? We can match anything and then trade him, no? How much would his cap hit be? $12m?
              Noel has been a starting center. He's better than biz. Noel can play pf, he's just not great at it. We're starting siakam. You don't think we needed biz vs Bron? I like yak but hes a huge puss. See him in Utah? That would be cruel at this point. I think you underestimate guys that play with edge. Norm, Lowry, etc. That matters in the playoffs. Guys like Ross shit the bed. Doesn't show up in the stats tho.
              Philly pretty much has to trade the guy now and there's not much reported competition for him atm. I'd say a 1st is baseline. Sully could be the salary match for example. Sully delon still leaves bebe as an asset. We can hoard assets but the perfect fit at the perfect time with just the right pieces and no other bidder is hard. We are capped out in FA (assuming Lowry, etc). If we don't spend too much on Noel that is a win now upgrade and we still have assets IF we have another option come up. Plus, I think we can resign and trade him to get assets back, no?
              Yes, I know Gasol didn't want to come here, the point was they had a deal to trigger cap space that they could have used on Bismack if they valued having a defensive monster at C. Then they could have dealt JV for a PF upgrade. They didn't because they preferred to have JV over a guy like Biz.

And you realize the team will be in the tax this summer in all likelihood, right? If they are re-signing Noel whatever the cost, they'll be paying through the nose to do so. Then they'd be stuck making a trade from a serious position of weakness - that of a tax team trying to trade a high-cost salary. That's blood in the water that will bring the sharks right quick.

Please show me the measure by which Noel is much better than Biz. I'd love to see some evidence for that. And he can play PF in the same sense that JV can - he can physically be placed there but it would be a complete disaster (and has been every time it's been tried).

I would trade Sully for Noel. Not a 1st rounder. The team should be looking to actually improve - which means targeting a serious impact player (ideally a star) at PF. Which means keeping as many assets as possible for such a move.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• So I guess George is pissed off with team chemistry in Indiana. Do you think Bird would ever trade him before the end of the season, thinking he will bounce in the summer? If so, what would it take to get him?

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                  So I guess George is pissed off with team chemistry in Indiana. Do you think Bird would ever trade him before the end of the season, thinking he will bounce in the summer? If so, what would it take to get him?
                  George has another year on his deal after this one. It's in 2018-2019 where he has a player option and will most likely opt out. If he does get traded, I don't think it'll be this year, unless he basically creates a big fuss and wants out.

Comment

• My point is that it's hard to actually land gasol type, especially on the cheap. I'm happy to entertain millsap fantasies but it's not likely, expensive and probably other bidders. In bebe we essentially played 3 rookies last game that almost fouled out. They're holding down the fort but that's not ecf level.
                    You're giving up assets to clear space for biz. Rfa with bird rights is different. You know this.
                    Noel has hands. Steals, passing and more offensive upside than biz plus the same lateral quicks and blocks. Noel is not a great pf, jv cannot play power forward.
                    Mlse is willing to go in the tax. If noel brings what biz did and more than Dmc is the dead salary at this point.
                    Sully is not elite at anything. Hes a good rebounder. I think you are showing your bias here. I don't put much faith in a fat hobbled guy coming back midseason to play at ecf level. Jv is a better player but noel might be a better fit.
                    We are the sharks atm. If we get him cheap and sell him cheap than its low risk. Even with a weak position, his value changes if he is playing well and signed long term.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                      My point is that it's hard to actually land gasol type, especially on the cheap. I'm happy to entertain millsap fantasies but it's not likely, expensive and probably other bidders. In bebe we essentially played 3 rookies last game that almost fouled out. They're holding down the fort but that's not ecf level.
                      You're giving up assets to clear space for biz. Rfa with bird rights is different. You know this.
                      Noel has hands. Steals, passing and more offensive upside than biz plus the same lateral quicks and blocks. Noel is not a great pf, jv cannot play power forward.
                      Mlse is willing to go in the tax. If noel brings what biz did and more than Dmc is the dead salary at this point.
                      Sully is not elite at anything. Hes a good rebounder. I think you are showing your bias here. I don't put much faith in a fat hobbled guy coming back midseason to play at ecf level. Jv is a better player but noel might be a better fit.
                      We are the sharks atm. If we get him cheap and sell him cheap than its low risk. Even with a weak position, his value changes if he is playing well and signed long term.
                      I'm having a really hard time tracking your thought process here.

Our backup C play is completely fine - yes, it is ECF level, whatever that means. No, our backups are not as good as our starting C, that's true. Nonetheless, we have one of the best benches in the league. In any case, the starting lineup is far more important than the bench in the playoffs.

I agree that the Biz situation is different. They wouldn't have been going anywhere near the tax to keep Biz. They'd just be shedding Ross and BeBe in all likelihood. To get and keep Noel, you'd be shedding assets (prospects, a pick, Joseph?) AND paying significant taxes to keep a guy who would be as redundant as Biz was. It's a higher cost in every way.

If you think "not great" describes Noel at PF you need to look closer at the time he's spent at PF. As disastrous as JV would be defensively at PF, Noel is that disastrous offensively. He has been tried at PF extensively and it has been a resounding failure.

Did I say Sully was elite at anything? What are you even talking about with that line? Sully could be dealt to match salary, with a prospect or pick as the real cost, and as noted I would not give up a 1st as that cost. But for the record Sully is an elite rebounder.

The argument is always that someone "might" be a better fit than JV, even though he seems to fit amazingly with our star players - he rebounds well on their misses, he sets screens tirelessly with little reward to get them free for shots, and can draw enough attention inside to actually give them space to score.

I agree if we get him cheap (no rotation player cost, no real prospect cost - maybe BeBe at most - and no first round picks) we should trade for him. That's the price I'd be willing to pay for what is almost certain to be a rental.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'm having a hard time justifying just about any trade, unless a Millsap/Griffin type shakes loose, which I don't think happens.

Because we need our shooting, and we need Carroll injury insurance, so giving up Ross or Norm is tough, and CoJo is important to our crunch time lineups, and it's almost impossible to make a trade happen without sending out at least one of those guys.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• What are the chances that Ibaka becomes available? As predicted the Magic don't look to make any sense in their roster construction and probably have little hope of retaining him as a UFA. That being said, giving up major assets for a guy and selling low shortly after is a really bad look for a GM.. What would it take to trade for him and his bird rights?

Comment

• The_Warlord wrote: View Post
                            What are the chances that Ibaka becomes available? As predicted the Magic don't look to make any sense in their roster construction and probably have little hope of retaining him as a UFA. That being said, giving up major assets for a guy and selling low shortly after is a really bad look for a GM.. What would it take to trade for him and his bird rights?
                            Firstly, nice avatar... still trying to find one.

Too answer your question. The two or three people we should realistically be targeting for trade are Boogie, Milsap, and Ibaka.

Boogie is locked up for another year. Sac-town will basically use this year as a last ditch effort to keep Boogie. Should they trade? Possibly, but it will probably not be this year. Additionally, for a "superstar" like Boogie you are probably looking at competing with Boston. He would also fit perfectly in their system.

Milsap, I could see this happening only if Atlanta wants to ...retool or rebuild. This is are most likely trade partner. We have picks and players that they would find useful. Guys like 2pat and Ross may be able to get it done but I am afraid of trading away any 3point shooting at this point before knowing what we are getting in return. This would be a solid bet of happening depending on how they do.

Ibaka. Ibaka could definitely get traded if he is unhappy at the end. It would be a solid trade deadline deal. I think they have two much redundancy at their front court spots. I would love this but I am again afraid of what we need to give up. They may just be interested in young pieces and picks. They also need shooting. The thing is if we can actually get ibaka his spacing may mean we might not need 3 point shooting AS MUCH. Trading him would take one or two picks plus 2pat plus... something else. I am not opposed to trading two picks.. the better of our pick this year.. and a swap on our pick next year.

Lastly, Blake Griffin. I don't think he is going to stay another year. I don't think they will be able to keep both Paul and Blake. They are better off keeping Blake, but they won't. I think Blake has a solid chance of walking. This would be a major trade though. We would need to be looking at 2pat + 2 Ross + multiple picks + other good young prospects. The price would be very high. It may change the construct of our team because we would be giving up our biggest strength, which is our bench. We may not be able to sign him without making moves anyways.

Those are your obvious moves. I personally think the best chance that we have is either trading for Ibaka or Milsap or trying to some how create the space to sign Ibaka... I think Lowry will sign for less then the Max especially if we have a chance at getting a true third star.

JV is good but I don't think he will ever be at an "ALL STAR" level. I think he will be the front court anchor from a rebounding stand point and being a REALLY REALLY solid player. I don't think he will be the Marc Gasol everyone is talking about.

Comment

• I like bebe and yak but Bron is gonna break them. Yak will get there but hes a twig now.
                              Cory is the supposed asking price. That leaves open a lower counter. I think you are hoarding all the assets for a pie in the sky trade that's just fantasy. Reality is riddled with compromise.
                              I think Sully and noel are both 8 or 9 rebs a game. That's good but not elite. Drummond is elite. Millsap is the player you covet. He and noel both average around 1.7 blocks and steals. That is elite. Considering we can't get millsap we replace him with his defensive equivalent who is 10 years younger at a fraction of the cost. That should still leave us assets to hopefully get a decent stretch 4. Maybe ibaka?
                              There's a huge difference in shedding $4m and $17m. You can't buy shit for $4m and we are capped. We need talent. Cavs are in a different class and over the cap.
                              Neither of us know whether noel would fit. The raps have been linked to noel twice. You may not like it and it likely won't happen but there is interest. Perhaps it's possible that the professionals see something? Perhaps it's just media hype. I don't think noel is ideal at all but it's very hard to land a millsap. No one on our team is a potential dpoy. That's an upgrade. And it could be cheap. I don't think delon wright is putting us over the top. We would still have plenty of prospects to land another decent, realistic pf. Millsap is a pipe dream.

Comment

• The_Warlord wrote: View Post
                                What are the chances that Ibaka becomes available? As predicted the Magic don't look to make any sense in their roster construction and probably have little hope of retaining him as a UFA. That being said, giving up major assets for a guy and selling low shortly after is a really bad look for a GM.. What would it take to trade for him and his bird rights?
                                Ibaka has been steadily declining since 2011-12 when he was supposedly 22 years old, e.g., Blk%, Blk/100, TRB%, etc...

Comment

Working...
                                X