Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lewro wrote: View Post
    I like bebe and yak but Bron is gonna break them. Yak will get there but hes a twig now.
    Cory is the supposed asking price. That leaves open a lower counter. I think you are hoarding all the assets for a pie in the sky trade that's just fantasy. Reality is riddled with compromise.
    I think Sully and noel are both 8 or 9 rebs a game. That's good but not elite. Drummond is elite. Millsap is the player you covet. He and noel both average around 1.7 blocks and steals. That is elite. Considering we can't get millsap we replace him with his defensive equivalent who is 10 years younger at a fraction of the cost. That should still leave us assets to hopefully get a decent stretch 4. Maybe ibaka?
    There's a huge difference in shedding $4m and $17m. You can't buy shit for $4m and we are capped. We need talent. Cavs are in a different class and over the cap.
    Neither of us know whether noel would fit. The raps have been linked to noel twice. You may not like it and it likely won't happen but there is interest. Perhaps it's possible that the professionals see something? Perhaps it's just media hype. I don't think noel is ideal at all but it's very hard to land a millsap. No one on our team is a potential dpoy. That's an upgrade. And it could be cheap. I don't think delon wright is putting us over the top. We would still have plenty of prospects to land another decent, realistic pf. Millsap is a pipe dream.
    If we are shooting for "decent, realistic" PF's, we might as well stick with Patterson. If we aren't trading for a star or borderline star at PF (or mayyyybe SF), we shouldn't be trading at all.

In any case, Millsap is a target because he plays a position of need. Noel doesn't remotely play a position of need.

Ibaka hasn't been a guy worth trading real assets for for some time. I'd trade for him but wouldn't give up much - almost certainly not enough for the Magic to be interested.

Compromising for the sake of compromising gets you nowhere. You should make trades that make you better. Trading Cory for Noel doesn't make the team better. Trading prospects for Noel doesn't make the team better after this summer when he walks.

It's not shedding 4M versus 17M. It's losing Ross (somewhat overlaps with Powell) and BeBe (would overlap with Biz/Noel) versus shedding CoJo (critical to team success last year). If they wouldn't do the former, they won't do the latter.

As for the Raps being linked, you should know that if there are leaks, they are coming from Philly, not Masai's house. Which means they are leaked for a reason - probably because the interest from the Raps was lukewarm at best and Philly needs to use the media to drum up real interest in Noel.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I've payed close attention to Ibaka in Orlando and he looks bad, especially at defense. Which is supposed to be his calling card.
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        I've payed close attention to Ibaka in Orlando and he looks bad, especially at defense. Which is supposed to be his calling card.
        We shouldn't touch Ibaka with a 10ft pole.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
          There will be no trade involving Toronto ... Mark my word. This is coming from the organisation.
          Thanks Abbas
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            I'm having a hard time justifying just about any trade, unless a Millsap/Griffin type shakes loose, which I don't think happens.

Because we need our shooting, and we need Carroll injury insurance, so giving up Ross or Norm is tough, and CoJo is important to our crunch time lineups, and it's almost impossible to make a trade happen without sending out at least one of those guys.
            I've started notice that some people just like the idea of doing a trade just to do it. Regardless of it makes us better in either the short or long run ... and often its neither.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Go get josh smith on cheap. Take a chance maybe he has learned his lesson. He can't shoot worse than Carroll.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                If we are shooting for "decent, realistic" PF's, we might as well stick with Patterson. If we aren't trading for a star or borderline star at PF (or mayyyybe SF), we shouldn't be trading at all.

In any case, Millsap is a target because he plays a position of need. Noel doesn't remotely play a position of need.

Ibaka hasn't been a guy worth trading real assets for for some time. I'd trade for him but wouldn't give up much - almost certainly not enough for the Magic to be interested.

Compromising for the sake of compromising gets you nowhere. You should make trades that make you better. Trading Cory for Noel doesn't make the team better. Trading prospects for Noel doesn't make the team better after this summer when he walks.

It's not shedding 4M versus 17M. It's losing Ross (somewhat overlaps with Powell) and BeBe (would overlap with Biz/Noel) versus shedding CoJo (critical to team success last year). If they wouldn't do the former, they won't do the latter.

As for the Raps being linked, you should know that if there are leaks, they are coming from Philly, not Masai's house. Which means they are leaked for a reason - probably because the interest from the Raps was lukewarm at best and Philly needs to use the media to drum up real interest in Noel.
                Pat is a bench player. Especially if his check is k love. I used ibaka as a top of mind example. I don't have wifi atm to give another example but the landscape could shift closer to the deadline wherein we could find an upgrade over siakam or Sully proves useful but I'm not counting on the latter.
                Millsap is a target but not a realistic one. Of course noel plays a position of need. We needed biz. Big time vs cavs which is our objective. Yak will get there but look how long it's taken jv and we are still asking is this his break out year. What's his avg? 12 and 9? Noel is 11 and 8 or 9? Yak is I dunno 3 and 4? The cavs have a ton of money in a few players. Having a diverse group of players on lower contracts might make us more competitive. Clearly there is a talent gap in our top 3.
                You keep saying cory for noel when I keep saying delon for noel. Huge difference. You also assume he walks. You don't know that.
                There are teams that don't have a trade match for him now that would want him signed long term and may have a good or at least recuperative deal. I'm also interested to see if he fits better than jv.
                Keeping Ross/Powell/cojo/bebe and losing delon and sully is a different scenario.
                You make an assumption that Masai is not interested. You are not in the war room. I think Masai very much factored the idea at the draft and chose yak. Now Noel's asking price is potentially cheaper. Should be considered. Converting delon, Sully and a pick into noel is a win now move that could work out long term or be recouped. Yes, he could walk. Yes, he could be injured or not fit. Hello Dmc!
                If we get Millsaps defence in noel and a pat level stretch 4 with the remaining assets then we are still not as talented as the cavs but deeper and more balanced. As it stands, we the other, if we even get to the ecf. You can hold out for millsap but don't hold your breath.

Comment

• Popeyejones wrote: View Post
                  Go get josh smith on cheap. Take a chance maybe he has learned his lesson. He can't shoot worse than Carroll.
                  Smith was worse. 23 games and he had a TS% of 42% and Carroll played 6 games so far and is at 41% TS. Rather give Carroll time to get his rhythm back than give Smith a chance.

Comment

• How about one of batum, Michael Gilchrist or maybe Marvin Williams? I don't know what we would have to offer. We do have two picks next year.

Comment

How about one of batum, Michael Gilchrist or maybe Marvin Williams? I don't know what we would have to offer. We do have two picks next year.
                      It's never a good idea to assume a good team wants to blow things up.

Why does Charlotte trade any of those guys when they're good right now?
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Also with josh I'm not saying we give him multiple years. Just try him out. He's cheap and can swing between 3 and 4 our biggest needs

Comment

• No can do because he signed overseas. Also no can do because of Josh Smith reasons

Comment

How about one of batum, Michael Gilchrist or maybe Marvin Williams? I don't know what we would have to offer. We do have two picks next year.
                            Why would CHA trade away players? They are going to be a playoff team this year.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Ah sorry was just trying to get some discussion going. Honestly aside from teir 1 teams I think if a trade comes along where both sides win the teams make the trade.

Comment

• Just cause the SIXERS tried to play him at 4 and it went bad. Doesn't mean it wouldn't work if he actually played for a real NBA team at 4.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X