Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popeyejones wrote: View Post
    How about one of batum, Michael Gilchrist or maybe Marvin Williams? I don't know what we would have to offer. We do have two picks next year.
    8-9 guys in double digits last night and batum had 9pts. Friday will be a good test

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Just cause the SIXERS tried to play him at 4 and it went bad. Doesn't mean it wouldn't work if he actually played for a real NBA team at 4.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      This is a fair point. Let's just say he does not have the skill set to play the 4 on offence, and we have zero evidence that he can play the 4.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Just cause the SIXERS tried to play him at 4 and it went bad. Doesn't mean it wouldn't work if he actually played for a real NBA team at 4.

Well, I've blown more hot air about him than anybody and even I'm not convinced. I feel safe to say he can play at the level of siakam. Like 8pts vs kings is his best game I think? I do agree that its flawed to extract stats from a different team (especially the sixers) in a different year. Hawks Dmc hasn't looked like raps Dmc but he was our highest contract last yr.
        Noel put up 12/9/9 blks in one game as a rookie. Yak and siakam are nowhere near that and probably never will but offer other things in their own right eventually.
        Here's rookie noel destroying Bron. We DON'T need this but we DO need delon to maybe play 5 mins vs a bottom feeder in garbage mins?

http://hoopshype.com/2015/11/07/nerl...-lebron-james/

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          This is a fair point. Let's just say he does not have the skill set to play the 4 on offence, and we have zero evidence that he can play the 4.
          👏

Comment

We have 0 evidence that he can't play the 4 on the raps too but I doubt it. Spot mins until we find a long term solution imo. Worth the risk to try his fit at 5/4 if he returns healthy and a better option does appear on the horizon.

Comment

• Popeyejones wrote: View Post
              How about one of batum, Michael Gilchrist or maybe Marvin Williams? I don't know what we would have to offer. We do have two picks next year.
              Zeller is expiring. They might want yak. We are not good trade partners tho imo.
              Yak might be the best Zeller/plumlee brother ever!

Comment

Same could be said about Siakam. To me Noel is a rich man's Siakam right now. Who happens to be a couple months younger than Siakam.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• http://hoopshype.com/2015/11/07/nerl...-lebron-james/

Also in these highlights nerlens puts up 18pts as a pf vs Kevin love.
                  Tell me this looks like biz!? He's certainly not millsap but hes not biz either. He's also not 32. 22 in 3rd season is still room to grow. He's certainly got the athleticism and plays very hard.

Comment

• In 42 appearances between December 26th, the date of Smith’s first appearance, and the end of the regular season, Noel converted 56.4 percent of his shots, a figure that ranked fifth-best in the NBA among players averaging at least 29.0 minutes per game. *Amidst this period, Noel’s points per game increased from 9.8 to 11.9

Now imagine if he was playing with a PG of Lowry's caliber.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Same could be said about Siakam. To me Noel is a rich man's Siakam right now. Who happens to be a couple months younger than Siakam.

And would you pay Siakam 15M+ to keep him this coming summer? Of course not.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Guys, if we needed a centre I'd be all over Noel. We don't. We need a PF. Focus on the area we need to improve, and keep all your assets to improve that position.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

In 42 appearances between December 26th, the date of Smith’s first appearance, and the end of the regular season, Noel converted 56.4 percent of his shots, a figure that ranked fifth-best in the NBA among players averaging at least 29.0 minutes per game. *Amidst this period, Noel’s points per game increased from 9.8 to 11.9

Now imagine if he was playing with a PG of Lowry's caliber.

I can definitely see lowry throwing lobs. That's his best passing skill. I can also see noel hitting all our wings back door from the high post. Passing would be nice. Like yaks passing.

Comment

And would you pay Siakam 15M+ to keep him this coming summer? Of course not.
                            If he give me 11, 8, 2 assist 2 blocks, 2 steals on 50+ shooting. Yes, I would. You don't need to be a stretch 4 to be successful next to JV. Look how good Amir was next to JV. No one ever respected that "summer 3".

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Nov 8, 2016, 08:24 PM.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Guys, if we needed a centre I'd be all over Noel. We don't. We need a PF. Focus on the area we need to improve, and keep all your assets to improve that position.
                              Very succinct. It's clear this is the crux of your position and the reality of raps situation. However, also consider, you are hoarding all those assets for Griffin, millsap, Aldridge. Who else? Short and improbable list.
                              We might be able to buy cheap on Noel and a pf that equals their production, cost less in assets/contracts, diversifies our personnel, raises our talent/experience and more injury protection.
                              Cavs ran Bron/love for stretches. Might be helpful to have noel/pat there while jv sits. Yak is not ready for that imo.

Comment

• In 4 games vs Cleveland last year. All games were close but one.

14.8, 10.3, 2.0 AST, 2.3 BLK, 2.0 STL on .542 shooting.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X