Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    And would you pay Siakam 15M+ to keep him this coming summer? Of course not.
    Did you watch the highlights I posted above? Do you think that looks commensurate with the skill level of biz, siakam or yak?
    Tbh 15m is low. Isn't mozgov making 14 or 16? You can move that contract. Dmc is 14m? Much more concerned with that.
    Our rivals are in the tax. It's just the ante. We're capped so adding young talent with bird rights is a good thing, no?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
      Did you watch the highlights I posted above? Do you think that looks commensurate with the skill level of biz, siakam or yak?
      Tbh 15m is low. Isn't mozgov making 14 or 16? You can move that contract. Dmc is 14m? Much more concerned with that.
      Our rivals are in the tax. It's just the ante. We're capped so adding young talent with bird rights is a good thing, no?
      It's more a matter of we don't have infinite trade resources. If we use trade resources to plug a hole that doesn't exist, by getting a big that is fairly redundant with our current group and can't play his best position for us, then we can't use those same resources should Millsap shake loose.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Honestly that highlight vid was really tame and Id say he even looked awkward with some of the shots he did make.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          It's more a matter of we don't have infinite trade resources. If we use trade resources to plug a hole that doesn't exist, by getting a big that is fairly redundant with our current group and can't play his best position for us, then we can't use those same resources should Millsap shake loose.
          Noel would be added to those resources.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            I understand the concept but you said earlier in this thread that you don't expect these coveted players to shake loose and only consider two targets. Indeed, the thing that makes me attracted to noel is the rarity of talent being available, especially for cheap. Yes, we have a very good center. But I think we have a flawed fit in certain regards and we have siakam at the 4. Noel's rental window allows us to test his fit first which is not the case in FA. There is always a price. I know this is not a popular idea but jv could become an outstanding trade chip that conserves many of our precious assets. Or noel can be resigned (since we are not players in FA) and traded to at least recoup our loses or better.
            I don't think he is redundant. Many of Noel's strengths are things that jv is average at. Defensively Casey has been trying to unnaturally turn jv into what noel is elite at already. Jv is great but we don't even use his best quality - low post scoring. It's like telling noel that hes not allowed to block.
            Yak has potential but hes gotta fill out for a couple years. He's a good 3rd string guy on this team or a 2nd to 1st on a middling to rebuilding team. I don't see him playing 15 - 20mins vs the cavs. Especially if Bron is at the 5.
            I think there is an argument to be made that noel may have more room to grow offensively than jv has defensively. I don't see jv gaining footspeed in pnr or rim protection beyond verticality. I can see noel gaining consistency in his shot through repetition. He could also improve his post moves but we don't need too much of that.
            Also, Boston has pieces to acquire noel if they want. Noel/horford sounds better than jv/siakam.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
              Honestly that highlight vid was really tame and Id say he even looked awkward with some of the shots he did make.
              He definitely looks awkward. But it was in response that he is as limited as biz on offense. Imo biz can't do any of those things. Siakam is limited too. Yak will get there but hes still missing bunnies. Can any of them block Bron like that tho? Even biz is not that good.
              Biz on Bron in cavs series was the only time I felt like our team belonged in the same gym as that guy. Imo that's worth consideration and the delon wright/25th pick.

Comment

• Golden State would never do this but hear me out, maybe if they dont win it all this year (which i think they will)

To GSW - Avery Bradley, Rudy Gobert
                To BOS - Klay Thompson, Utah 2017 2nd
                To UTA - BRK 1st, Kelly Oylynk

Curry-Bradley-Durant-Green-Gobert

two of the three best offensive players and three elite defensive players.
                all on one team.
                good bench.
                good coach.
                = 4 peat
                Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• ....raps should get booker from the Nets....
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

Comment

http://hoopshype.com/2015/11/07/nerl...-lebron-james/

Also in these highlights nerlens puts up 18pts as a pf vs Kevin love.
                    Tell me this looks like biz!? He's certainly not millsap but hes not biz either. He's also not 32. 22 in 3rd season is still room to grow. He's certainly got the athleticism and plays very hard.
                    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    In 42 appearances between December 26th, the date of Smith’s first appearance, and the end of the regular season, Noel converted 56.4 percent of his shots, a figure that ranked fifth-best in the NBA among players averaging at least 29.0 minutes per game. *Amidst this period, Noel’s points per game increased from 9.8 to 11.9

Now imagine if he was playing with a PG of Lowry's caliber.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                    Why are you guys talking about stuff from last season?

Oh wait, is it because he hasn't played a game yet because of "minor" knee surgery on the same knee he had ACL surgery on? Is that why?
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                      ....raps should get booker from the Nets....
                      Rather have Hamilton then Booker.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                        Why are you guys talking about stuff from last season?

Oh wait, is it because he hasn't played a game yet because of "minor" knee surgery on the same knee he had ACL surgery on? Is that why?
                        You're right there is a risk.

Comment

• I'd make the Noel trade assuming we're giving up either CoJo or Wright + a pick and whatever necessary filler in the case of Wright (to match salary).

What it would also do is free up the option of trading Jonas for an elite PF. For example someone like Aldridge might become more interesting in that case because you'd have an elite defensive center next to him. A lineup of Lowry-DeRozan-Carroll-Aldridge-Noel looks like one that is capable of winning the championship. Risky though for sure to trade JV for Aldridge especially on that contract but that's just one example.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                            I'd make the Noel trade assuming we're giving up either CoJo or Wright + a pick and whatever necessary filler in the case of Wright (to match salary).

What it would also do is free up the option of trading Jonas for an elite PF. For example someone like Aldridge might become more interesting in that case because you'd have an elite defensive center next to him. A lineup of Lowry-DeRozan-Carroll-Aldridge-Noel looks like one that is capable of winning the championship. Risky though for sure to trade JV for Aldridge especially on that contract but that's just one example.
                            I could actually get behind something like this.

I know most aren't pleased with the idea of losing Cojo, but I'm super intrigued about Wright's potential. He's flown so far under the radar thanks to our depth (and his injury), that he's probably underrated in the eyes of most Raps fans.

I can see him excelling with consistent minutes in meaningful games.

Comment

• But what if we can get noel for wright and still keep cojo? I like jv a lot but we don't use him well and he is a BC holdover fit. He's one of the few chips that we have to land the missing piece without gutting our depth (presuming noel fits better and we have a rental window to try it). This could land Aldridge. Other teams I am looking at are pelicans and mavs. We might be able to get d Powell and a top pick like giles, Markannen, Tatum, etc. Or make a three team trade with Utah for favors/Lyles. Raps and jazz both have 2 picks in the draft to grease the wheels.
                              I've seen some LMA rumours but not looked into it. What's the deal with him? He's on the block? I can definitely see jv as a spur. They'd get the most out of him. We just use him as garbage man. Supposedly LMA likes the raps.
                              If the rumours are true, we are the ones who approached the sixers first and now the sixers are coming back to the table. That makes me think it's possible to make a lower offer. Like delon and sully and maybe a 1st or 2nd or Sully and a 1st. To me, that's a steal.

Comment

But what if we can get noel for wright and still keep cojo? I like jv a lot but we don't use him well and he is a BC holdover fit. He's one of the few chips that we have to land the missing piece without gutting our depth (presuming noel fits better and we have a rental window to try it). This could land Aldridge. Other teams I am looking at are pelicans and mavs. We might be able to get d Powell and a top pick like giles, Markannen, Tatum, etc. Or make a three team trade with Utah for favors/Lyles. Raps and jazz both have 2 picks in the draft to grease the wheels.
                                I've seen some LMA rumours but not looked into it. What's the deal with him? He's on the block? I can definitely see jv as a spur. They'd get the most out of him. We just use him as garbage man. Supposedly LMA likes the raps.
                                If the rumours are true, we are the ones who approached the sixers first and now the sixers are coming back to the table. That makes me think it's possible to make a lower offer. Like delon and sully and maybe a 1st or 2nd or Sully and a 1st. To me, that's a steal.
                                In this hypothetical scenario where we get LMA and Noel our roster would be very similar to the old Pistons...

Lowry/Billups
                                DD/Rip
                                Carroll/Prince
                                LMA/Shred
                                Noel/Wallace

Just we would arguably be better offensively at SG and PF but they would have a slight notch above defensively at those positions. Still though I like that fit a lot more than what we have now and think that group could push CLE. I just don't like giving up a 1st for Noel with such a shaky injury history. If it's a 2nd and Corey and/or Sully get er done. I know it would worrisome to try an trust Noel to stay healthy but I believe in that hypothetical scenario LMA himself is strong enough to slide to C if need be and that Poeltl, Siakam could their own well enough as they are now.

Comment

Working...
                                X