No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a huge draft guy James and I'm still willing to take a shot. Losing the chance to draft Tyler lydon (projected on tankathon) is worth it imo.
    I'm not sure we would have to lose both picks. We have a 2nd as well. We can also make it 2018 pick and resign and trade noel to recoup that pick. Several teams would trade for him if he's healthy and signed long term. They just don't have a good offer for Philly atm but they could for us.
    I think a lot of people are dismissive of noel bc hes not the ideal fit at the 4 and the perception that Masai is air tight. If Zach Lowe was right then that isn't the case and noel strikes me as more of a Masai guy than jv. Tbh I hate that im always bashing jv. That's not how I feel about him as a player.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
      I'd make the Noel trade assuming we're giving up either CoJo or Wright + a pick and whatever necessary filler in the case of Wright (to match salary).

What it would also do is free up the option of trading Jonas for an elite PF. For example someone like Aldridge might become more interesting in that case because you'd have an elite defensive center next to him. A lineup of Lowry-DeRozan-Carroll-Aldridge-Noel looks like one that is capable of winning the championship. Risky though for sure to trade JV for Aldridge especially on that contract but that's just one example.
      Spurs have always like JV. Team like that would use JV to his full potential.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Spurs have always like JV. Team like that would use JV to his full potential.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        +1. And as a jv fan, I'd like to see that. I'd like to see it here too but if they're making him practice 3s than I have a hard time envisioning that. Mind you, I haven't seen his stroke. He's got a decent elbow jumper when he/team commit to it.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
          In this hypothetical scenario where we get LMA and Noel our roster would be very similar to the old Pistons...
          Sorry Ive looked for it in this thread but cant find it.. what is the hypothetical scenario where we get LMA and Noel?
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
            Sorry Ive looked for it in this thread but cant find it.. what is the hypothetical scenario where we get LMA and Noel?
            Check the JV thread.. I think it was JV+prospect+pick for LMA and CoJo+pick for Noel.

Comment

• Are you guys still on about Nerlens No-offense-el? Nerlens No-fit?
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Are you guys still on about Nerlens No-offense-el? Nerlens No-fit?
                Mostly me, sorry.

Is this legal:

Cory + 1st (swap rights) for noel + 1st (swap rights from sac or Lakers via Philly)?

Not gonna happen but cheering for Knicks to lose and watching NCAA was so fun last year.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                  Mostly me, sorry.

Is this legal:

Cory + 1st (swap rights) for noel + 1st (swap rights from sac or Lakers via Philly)?

Not gonna happen but cheering for Knicks to lose and watching NCAA was so fun last year.
                  Swap rights from other teams can't be traded unless you trade for the pick they agreed to have theirs swapped with. So Philly would need to trade us their pick. Not happening.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• [QUOTE=DanH;689507]Swap rights from other teams can't be traded unless you trade for the pick they agreed to have theirs swapped with. So Philly would need to trade us their pick. Not happening.[/QUOTE

Thnx.

Comment

• Another thing to consider is the actual severity of Noel's injury history, I'm not buying in to it.

The 76ers have sat plenty of players longer then needed, taken the easy option on elective surgeries in many cases. I'm not saying that there isn't an injury history but the kid's gloves approach has been taken in every instance and perhaps some of this would not reflect as games missed on ball clubs that are playoff bound.
                      everybody wang chun tonight

Comment

• I think it was elective surgery chosen by noel. I'm not 100%. The kid is not happy with "the process". Drives his value down, keeps him off the court, a bit of fuck you to Philly after continually drafting players at his position. The decision came in the lead up to his extension deadline that the sixers let pass. He came back and looked healthy after major year long ACL surgery. This surgery was 3-5 weeks. Team doctors would review and advise before a trade. It's a concern tho you're right.
                        According to reports, we offered Ross for Noel. Now theyre asking cory and a 1st. I'd say Phillys position is so weak and declining that he's worth less. Not worthless tho.

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zggxjuo

Can swap siakam for yak or bebe. We'd need to use some picks as well.
                          SAS and raps need say a month to figure out their teams. By that time noel should be back and delon should be getting close. I think we traded Rudy gay on Dec. 8th? I don't remember the raps in 20yrs being serious buyers in this way. I'm too familiar with being sellers. Like VC for a bag of dog turds.
                          I will be cheering for SAS to lose.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zggxjuo

Can swap siakam for yak or bebe. We'd need to use some picks as well.
                            SAS and raps need say a month to figure out their teams. By that time noel should be back and delon should be getting close. I think we traded Rudy gay on Dec. 8th? I don't remember the raps in 20yrs being serious buyers in this way. I'm too familiar with being sellers. Like VC for a bag of dog turds.
                            I will be cheering for SAS to lose.
                            I think that trade would put us in title contention. It'd be a bit risky to upset chemistry by moving CoJo but assuming Delon can fill his role (which isn't a crazy assumption, he was a mid 1st round pick and most of these NBA-ready guys Masai has taken can ball), you've now strengthened PF significantly with one of the best in the league, take a downgrade offensively at center (which is mostly negated by Aldridge anyway) while possibly having a DPOY candidate at the position. All that while basically losing no depth whatsoever. You've still got a good backup for Lowry in Wright, you've got DeMar/Ross/Carroll/Powell on the wings still, 2Pat still backing up Aldridge (which would be the best PF rotation in the league imo) and Noel/Poeltl/Bebe/Sullinger as options at the center spot.

It seems like a no-brainer to me if the option is there. Makes sense for Philadelphia too as they get an actual point guard to run their offense, and I assume we'd throw them maybe the Clippers pick as well. For the Spurs they get Kawhi/Jonas to build around for the future.

I think the DeRozan/Aldridge pick and roll would be pretty devastating considering the ability both of them to have to punish teams from mid-range and at the rim. Ditto for Noel with Lowry. You see hints of it with Bebe, Lowry just seems to love being able to throw it up at the rim for an athletic big. Not trying to knock Jonas or anything, I think he's excellent, but this is the kind of move that could put us in real title contention.

Comment

I think the DeRozan/Aldridge pick and roll would be pretty devastating considering the ability both of them to have to punish teams from mid-range and at the rim. Ditto for Noel with Lowry. You see hints of it with Bebe, Lowry just seems to love being able to throw it up at the rim for an athletic big. Not trying to knock Jonas or anything, I think he's excellent, but this is the kind of move that could put us in real title contention.
                              Yep. A much deadlier version of Stockton & Malone.

Comment

I think that trade would put us in title contention. It'd be a bit risky to upset chemistry by moving CoJo but assuming Delon can fill his role (which isn't a crazy assumption, he was a mid 1st round pick and most of these NBA-ready guys Masai has taken can ball), you've now strengthened PF significantly with one of the best in the league, take a downgrade offensively at center (which is mostly negated by Aldridge anyway) while possibly having a DPOY candidate at the position. All that while basically losing no depth whatsoever. You've still got a good backup for Lowry in Wright, you've got DeMar/Ross/Carroll/Powell on the wings still, 2Pat still backing up Aldridge (which would be the best PF rotation in the league imo) and Noel/Poeltl/Bebe/Sullinger as options at the center spot.

It seems like a no-brainer to me if the option is there. Makes sense for Philadelphia too as they get an actual point guard to run their offense, and I assume we'd throw them maybe the Clippers pick as well. For the Spurs they get Kawhi/Jonas to build around for the future.

This is exactly how I feel. I'm not high on Noel bc i think he's our pf. I'm high on him as a buy low guy that might not cost us depth while opening possibilities for us to get the kind of pf that we need without sacrificing too much depth. We've all scratched our heads about how to get the missing pf for years. Maybe the answer is not so linear as plugging a pf into the kl/dd/jv core? That would be the most straight forward but the options, availabilities and cost get tricky.
                                I don't agree that we have to offer Philly a pick. I used cory bc i think we can save our picks depending on the price in SAS. We could get away with delon, Sully, and a 1st or 2nd to Philly (can't do it in trade machine until Sully is eligible on Dec 14). We could get away with cory to Philly, and picks to SAS that still leaves us with a 1st or a 2nd to keep for ourselves. I really don't know what SAS would want or if they are gonna rebuild at all? I do think jv would be great there and I would be happy for him. I also think they could do wonders with siakam. We'd also free up room to develop yak into the mobile version of jv that we need, on a timeline that is more suitable to yak.
                                There are a lot of connections between Masai, BC and Buford. Also connections between Masai LMA and Noel.

Comment

Working...
                                X