Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Yep. A much deadlier version of Stockton & Malone.
    uhhhh...excuse me?
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• The thing I still can't wrap my head around is why San Antonio would do the trade. They liked JV in the past.. wanted to trade Parker for him at the draft, and BC thankfully said no.. but they have Gasol now. Are they planning to play both JV and Gasol together at the same time? And LMA actually fits great in their system... if the Spurs of all teams are willing to move him in a trade, doesn't that tell you a lot about LMA? Do we really want that kind of ego in our locker room?

As for Noel.. if we can get him without trading our best on ball defender then sure. Personally I'd like to see what Sully can do before we acquire another rental. We would have his Bird Rights, but he could easily get $16-$17M per year in his next deal. That's a big price to pay for a guy that might not be the easiest to trade given his injury history and his inability to play offense. Although I guess it worked out for Biz (minus the injury prone part).

Comment

• Yeah, the locker room thing and 1st option between dd and LMA kinda worrisome.
        Have to wait and see if gasol fits in with time and Danny green comes back.
        If gasol fits they have money in FA to plug some holes. If he doesnt than it would be the most value they'd get out of an aging LMA and use that to build a new core around kawhi.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
          uhhhh...excuse me?
          Lol. That comment works great with your avatar.

From the POV that Stockton was never a high usage guy, so DeMar would be a much bigger threat to score in a wider variety of ways as the ball handler. And Aldridge is not Malone, sure, but the gap in USG/ORTG is not as big as you might think.

Of course, what I'm glossing over here big-time is the playmaking of DeMar vs. Stockton. Can't get anything by anybody here on RR. lol.

Comment

• how bout Cauley-Stein? Seems to be on the block. Could probably get him for Wright. We could then trade JV for Aldridge.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              how bout Cauley-Stein? Seems to be on the block. Could probably get him for Wright. We could then trade JV for Aldridge.
              Centre who can't rebound? No thanks.

As opposed to the Noel idea as I am, I'd rather him 100 times over than Cauley-Stein.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Bebe is killing all trade chatter w/ Noel

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Bebe is killing all trade chatter w/ Noel

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                  But if Casey is all in on that type of player than why not get a more experienced version of him? Then trade jv.
                  I don't have pvr to check but I think jv was pissed at the end of the 2nd qtr.

Comment

• Maybe it's time to trade DeMar while he's at his peak with a long term contract?

We could get our PF.

Comment

Maybe it's time to trade DeMar while he's at his peak with a long term contract?

We could get our PF.
                      That would clash with the culture that Masai is trying to create in Toronto. If you go ahead and trade a player who just signed a large free agent contract with the team, who didn't even meet with another team, and took (slightly) less than he could have earned, what does that tell the remaining players in the locker room and around the league?

It makes it much more difficult to create a sustainable winning culture because management is perceived as seeing players simply as assets rather than people.

Comment

Maybe it's time to trade DeMar while he's at his peak with a long term contract?

We could get our PF.
                        Maybe if was used like a brainless pylon too.

Comment

We could get our PF.
                          Good God lol... Hope this is some kind of joke.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            The thing I still can't wrap my head around is why San Antonio would do the trade. They liked JV in the past.. wanted to trade Parker for him at the draft, and BC thankfully said no.. but they have Gasol now. Are they planning to play both JV and Gasol together at the same time? And LMA actually fits great in their system... if the Spurs of all teams are willing to move him in a trade, doesn't that tell you a lot about LMA? Do we really want that kind of ego in our locker room?

As for Noel.. if we can get him without trading our best on ball defender then sure. Personally I'd like to see what Sully can do before we acquire another rental. We would have his Bird Rights, but he could easily get $16-$17M per year in his next deal. That's a big price to pay for a guy that might not be the easiest to trade given his injury history and his inability to play offense. Although I guess it worked out for Biz (minus the injury prone part).
                            Just for the record we would not have sullies bird rights.. player needs to be with the team for 3 years

Comment

We could get our PF.
                              Sure, if we're getting someone like Anthony Davis in return.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                Sure, if we're getting someone like Anthony Davis in return.
                                I think i'll settle with Towns + Wiggins aswell
                                Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Working...
                                X