Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    As long as he isn't a distraction and they are playing at a high level, which seems to be the case right now, then I don't see it in season. They would have a better chance to win a title as is than they would making a significant trade and trying to integrate entirely new players without a full season. Even less likely that they would wait until the deadline unless LMA really comes off the rails, which doesn't seem to be the case. Even in Portland when he was on the way out, the team played well.
    I think 2pat/JV fit better the way Pop wants to play.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Blazersedge discussed the rumour here:
      http://www.blazersedge.com/2016/10/1...-antonio-spurs

The concern I have is this here:

On the other hand, Aldridge was painted as a particularly mercurial and finicky personality on his way out of Portland. It’s not outside the realm of possibility that he has had trouble adjusting to a system that does not revolve around his skillset and has required him to subtly alter his playing style.
      In Portland, LMA was the man. He was given the ball and put up 17-20 FGA a game. In San Antonio he's averaging 14 and the system is much different.

In Toronto it would be more of the same or worse. With DD and KL I just don't see him getting 20 attempts a game here. If he's unhappy playing on San Antonio of all teams that should be a pretty big red flag.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Blazersedge discussed the rumour here:
        http://www.blazersedge.com/2016/10/1...-antonio-spurs

The concern I have is this here:

In Portland, LMA was the man. He was given the ball and put up 17-20 FGA a game. In San Antonio he's averaging 14 and the system is much different.

In Toronto it would be more of the same or worse. With DD and KL I just don't see him getting 20 attempts a game here. If he's unhappy playing on San Antonio of all teams that should be a pretty big red flag.
        Raptors are a high usage PnR team. Debo and LMA would be lethal in a pick n pop situation.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Raptors are a high usage PnR team. Debo and LMA would be lethal in a pick n pop situation.
          Raps are 5th lowest usage in using the roll man and 3rd highest in using the ball handler - LMA might not like setting screens and not getting the ball.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Raps are 5th lowest usage in using the roll man and 3rd highest in using the ball handler - LMA might not like setting screens and not getting the ball.
            That would likely change though if the roll man also had the dual threat of being a pop guy as well, something JV doesn't do.

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty obvious by the eye test that we can't hit the roll man. There's plenty of swing passes and kicks outs that are wide open missed fga. LMA could get looks but if he expected to be #1 that would be a problem. I do think there's a difference in being overtaken by dame, inheriting the spurs and joining the raps as the missing piece. Not sure if he'd see it like that but if you want to win a championship than you'd probably be happy about the opportunity imo.
              There's no rush to trade jv. See if bebe holds up, get guys back from injury and what shakes out in the league. May start to get interesting in a month.
              IMO we are a much better team with a bebe type center. I think yak will turn into an ideal blend of bebe and jv. He just needs to hit the weights and play 30 mins on 905.
              Generally I don't think it's wise to say LMA/Dmc or bust. Felt the same when it was Millsap or bust. Have to see what shakes loose.

Comment

• Nothing to do with trade chatter this year, but subject of incessant chatter last year.

From Amico Hoops:

9. One general manager told me of fiery Wizards forward Markieff Morris, “They should just cut him like the Pistons did to Josh Smith. Just get rid of him. He’s a detriment to the locker room.”
                http://amicohoops.net/dribbles-for-c...iness-booming/

Small wonder MU was far less enthused about this guy than a number of posters here.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Masai won't make a trade as long as the raptors keep winning.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Masai won't make a trade as long as the raptors keep winning.

thats probably the reality but i dont agree with it. raps could win 50, 60, 65 games so much the better but eventually all roads lead to lebron and we're just not talented enough.

same logic as leaving scola/siakam as starters or not playing your best/young players (which thankfully casey has at least made some adjustment here). imo play the best guy, give all your players at least a look, particularly if it means not burning out your top players like lowry. his mins are still crazy and has looked close to injury a few times already.

i think if you see something that looks like an upgrade than take it bc there arent a lot of opportunities, especially if you are capped. that doesnt mean trade for trade sake, of course, you have to feel confident it is a calculated risk for improvement.

but yeah, like you say its probably not gonna happen, barring some seismic shift.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Nothing to do with trade chatter this year, but subject of incessant chatter last year.

From Amico Hoops:

http://amicohoops.net/dribbles-for-c...iness-booming/

Small wonder MU was far less enthused about this guy than a number of posters here.
                      It'd be funny if that was actually the Sun's GM who said that.

Comment

• I wonder what Toronto could get for JV?
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          I wonder what Toronto could get for JV?
                          oh dear, that is a foolish, delusional, lost cause of an idea. not that this description of your idea bears any reflection on you as a person, just the idea itself, abstracted into a vacuum and completely irrespective of you as the OP, is a bad idea.

JK, MACK11. it is a very interesting query and one that i and many others here seem to be considering. i'm not sure but i'd love to hear the thoughts of other members. to me, it's fun, if only as an exercise and fantasy. there are no right or wrong answers imo. I think this board is about fandom. none of us are actually in the war room, even if we believe it in our minds

Comment

• Tbh, none of these guys interest me. LMA means we're winning right now, Noel can't hit a mid-range or three pointer to save his life, and Casspi is essentially a taller GV. A guy who can hit threes at a high clip, but is a porous defender. We need a guy like Pat who can actually start games for us & has more consistency with his shot.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• I think Ibaka was excited to play okc tonight.

Comment

• Anyone think there's any remote chance Anthony Davis could be moved?

We would be damn near the best team in the NBA if we got him.

Just wondering if some kind of godfather offer of Ross, JV, a myriad of draft picks and prospects, etc could land him.

Comment

Working...
                                X