Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lupe wrote: View Post
    Anyone think there's any remote chance Anthony Davis could be moved?

We would be damn near the best team in the NBA if we got him.

Just wondering if some kind of godfather offer of Ross, JV, a myriad of draft picks and prospects, etc could land him.
    Seattle Pelicans accept the deal.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
      Tbh, none of these guys interest me. LMA means we're winning right now, Noel can't hit a mid-range or three pointer to save his life, and Casspi is essentially a taller GV. A guy who can hit threes at a high clip, but is a porous defender. We need a guy like Pat who can actually start games for us & has more consistency with his shot.
      You say this like it's a bad thing.

Comment

Just wondering if some kind of godfather offer of Ross, JV, a myriad of draft picks and prospects, etc could land him.
        No chance Pelicans trade him. This purely this board's apparent wet dream that we won't let go of just like the idea of signing Durant last year.

Comment

• I'm still high on Ibaka. He looked great last night. Though I haven't seen enough of him over the last couple seasons to have an opinion on whether he is actually declining as some and the stats suggest. Perhaps it's a situational thing, I don't know, but he would be a great fit with the starting unit. Doesn't need the ball as much as an LMA or Millsap, and would be the better fit next to JV of the 3 IMO. No significant cap space though, so getting him in the offseason seems impossible.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
            I'm still high on Ibaka. He looked great last night. Though I haven't seen enough of him over the last couple seasons to have an opinion on whether he is actually declining as some and the stats suggest. Perhaps it's a situational thing, I don't know, but he would be a great fit with the starting unit. Doesn't need the ball as much as an LMA or Millsap, and would be the better fit next to JV of the 3 IMO. No significant cap space though, so getting him in the offseason seems impossible.
            He played well because he was inspired playing his old team, I wouldn't let one game versus several seasons fool you lol. He's been on an obvious decline the past 2 years or so. We need to avoid Ibaka like the plague.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
              He played well because he was inspired playing his old team, I wouldn't let one game versus several seasons fool you lol. He's been on an obvious decline the past 2 years or so. We need to avoid Ibaka like the plague.
              Ibaka's decline seems less to do with diminishing abilities, and more to do with motivation (or lack thereof). We brought Lowry in and completely changed his mindset from selfish malcontent to team player. Maybe it's possible to approach things similarly with Ibaka.

Don't underestimate Masai's ability to relate to a player on a personal level....especially a player with a similar heritage.

Comment

Well I'm not so sure the decline is as obvious as many think. I'm not basing this on a single game, but the ability to play at a high level is still there. Like I said, perhaps it's situational, and under the right circumstances he might be properly motivated to compete night in and night out. Nonetheless, it seems impossible to acquire him anyways.

Furthermore, I'm not convinced this team needs a consistent 20ppg player anyways. I have a difficult time envisioning this team being better by adding a Cousins, Davis, or LMA type. Not sure there is enough ball to go around for those guys. Ibaka, yes, and Millsap perhaps too, but both of those guys are going into free agency next summer and we lack cap space to sign them.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Ibaka's decline seems less to do with diminishing abilities, and more to do with motivation (or lack thereof). We brought Lowry in and completely changed his mindset from selfish malcontent to team player. Maybe it's possible to approach things similarly with Ibaka.

Don't underestimate Masai's ability to relate to a player on a personal level....especially a player with a similar heritage.
                  Being malcontent gave Lowry a chip on his shoulder that he unleashed. Lethargy is like bargs.
                  I don't know much about ibaka but superficially strikes me more like Carroll - old (27/30/? going on 45) and broken.

Comment

The more the Pelicans lose the more likely it is that he'll ask for a trade. But I still can't see how Toronto could beat Boston in trade negotiations. They still have two Brooklyn picks, plus a lot of young assets. Unless Davis has a real hate-on for Trump and the USA, I just don't see him coming here.

Comment

• I know this gets posted a few times every year but...

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news...011zh73el0gjpc

Could we realistically trade JV + fillers & picks for Boogie?

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                        I know this gets posted a few times every year but...

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news...011zh73el0gjpc

Could we realistically trade JV + fillers & picks for Boogie?
                        we probably could, but I may be one of the few that would not want boogie.
                        Last edited by JawsGT; Mon Nov 14, 2016, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• If I'm the GM, I don't make that trade. But if Masai does it, I'll get on board fast enough - way too many variables in play in my mind, but I'd definitely be interested to see if the team could overcome all those and maybe get even better.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Furthermore, I'm not convinced this team needs a consistent 20ppg player anyways. I have a difficult time envisioning this team being better by adding a Cousins, Davis, or LMA type. Not sure there is enough ball to go around for those guys. Ibaka, yes, and Millsap perhaps too, but both of those guys are going into free agency next summer and we lack cap space to sign them.
                            Anyone of those names mentioned I can see helping us more than Ibaka but yes I don't see him being available and personally even if he were I'd hope we don't try and get him. I don't think he does anywhere enough to make us a contender but I'll agree to disagree.

The other names would easily make us better but not necessarily better than CLE. The one exception out of those names is Davis. That kid is a true franchise player n the future of the league. Him, Siakam and Norm would be absolutely stifling on defense and AD is like a SF in a C's body. In a couple of years LBJ would be worn out DD would be in his prime and AD entering his with a host of other young guys on our roster. I would trade pretty much anything for AD but Pelicans aren't moving him for at least a couple of years.

Comment

• As for the discussion about Cousins. I would do it as long as we don't have to gut our team to do so. If we can't create a package centered around JV but we somehow can retain at least one pick this year and Norm, I say do it.

Comment

No chance Pelicans trade him. This purely this board's apparent wet dream that we won't let go of just like the idea of signing Durant last year.
                                No chance the Pelicans trade him, but there is a chance he asks for a trade.

Comment

Working...
                                X