Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    It doesn't seem like the type of move that San Antonio would make in season.
    No way SA trades LMA for JV when their other big is Pau Gasol.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      No chance the Pelicans trade him, but there is a chance he asks for a trade.
      To which the Pelicans will counter by saying that everybody just needs to be patient and they will do their best to put him in a position to win. New Orleans is a place that struggled to get/keep a franchise and with the down economy there in particular you guys are crazy if you think ownership is going to let a franchise player go... they desperately need to keep making some money there.

He can say it until he's blue in the face but New Orleans isn't going to let go of a generational talent without at least seeing how they do after a better draft pick this year in a deep draft to see if they can sell AD on himself, Hield and whatever top 10 pick who could likely be an all star calibre player. If he's still upset next year I think then they may start open up conversation and be asking a sky high price but right now in only the 1st year of his extension I say no chance.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
        Anyone of those names mentioned I can see helping us more than Ibaka but yes I don't see him being available and personally even if he were I'd hope we don't try and get him. I don't think he does anywhere enough to make us a contender but I'll agree to disagree.

The other names would easily make us better but not necessarily better than CLE. The one exception out of those names is Davis. That kid is a true franchise player n the future of the league. Him, Siakam and Norm would be absolutely stifling on defense and AD is like a SF in a C's body. In a couple of years LBJ would be worn out DD would be in his prime and AD entering his with a host of other young guys on our roster. I would trade pretty much anything for AD but Pelicans aren't moving him for at least a couple of years.
        true, I guess it's obvious if you get the chance to get Davis, you do and worry about any other possible issues after the fact. And there probably wouldn't be any issues anyways. Two go-to scorers and a leader like Lowry would be a great combination. And as Lowry ages there should be plenty of ball, plus they all seem like team first guys that would be willing to sacrifice touches for wins.

LMA is intriguing but I am not sold on Cousins. In theory it looks great and perhaps his "issues" are more situational and the right culture could get the most out him.

But when I look at players we could add without dissecting the team too much I tend to think of Ibaka and Millsap, but even that would require some roster shake up.

In any event, it's fun to finally be discussing the Raps in this way.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
          true, I guess it's obvious if you get the chance to get Davis, you do and worry about any other possible issues after the fact. And there probably wouldn't be any issues anyways. Two go-to scorers and a leader like Lowry would be a great combination. And as Lowry ages there should be plenty of ball, plus they all seem like team first guys that would be willing to sacrifice touches for wins.

LMA is intriguing but I am not sold on Cousins. In theory it looks great and perhaps his "issues" are more situational and the right culture could get the most out him.

But when I look at players we could add without dissecting the team too much I tend to think of Ibaka and Millsap, but even that would require some roster shake up.

In any event, it's fun to finally be discussing the Raps in this way.
          Sorry if I typed this already, I was thinking it - it's hard to see how moving JV for a PF upgrade (Ibaka, Millsap, etc.) doesn't just leave a bigger hole at C than the team already has at PF. I mean Patterson/Sully/Siakam/small ball options are better PF options than Glass Bebe/Pueltle/Sully at C imho. That's a really, really shaky C lineup.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• If boogie is available I think Celtics out bid us. LMA and noel I'm not so sure. Not that they can't, just not sure if they would?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
              If boogie is available I think Celtics out bid us. LMA and noel I'm not so sure. Not that they can't, just not sure if they would?
              They could go after Noel, but I doubt they'll go after Aldridge since they already have Horford.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                If I'm the GM, I don't make that trade. But if Masai does it, I'll get on board fast enough - way too many variables in play in my mind, but I'd definitely be interested to see if the team could overcome all those and maybe get even better.
                That's the way I look at it too. Masai's not making that deal unless he thinks Boogie can fit into the culture of the team and contribute at his best. So if he did make the trade I'd be fine with it. Actively seeking that out without knowing though, idk about that.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                  They could go after Noel, but I doubt they'll go after Aldridge since they already have Horford.
                  That's pretty much how I see it re: horford. Noel would fit but they'd have to give up smart or rozier +young or Jackson or kelly. Too much. Phillys best offer might be Sully + delon. Delon doesn't get mins and sully can walk/I don't know about a fat guy with a broken foot hitting the ground running in meaningful games.
                  Noel has played 3 more games than Sully over the past two seasons and 2 more than jv. Sully is a career 8.3 rebs, noel 8.1. Sully is a mediocre shooter but noel is a great defender. I put more emphasis on defence, especially in the playoffs.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                    No chance Pelicans trade him. This purely this board's apparent wet dream that we won't let go of just like the idea of signing Durant last year.
                    I wouldn't say no chance, just highly unlikely.

Usually superstars only get traded in contract years, and he's on a 5 year deal right now so I doubt it. He could force a move though if he made enough noise about their current situation though.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Sorry if I typed this already, I was thinking it - it's hard to see how moving JV for a PF upgrade (Ibaka, Millsap, etc.) doesn't just leave a bigger hole at C than the team already has at PF. I mean Patterson/Sully/Siakam/small ball options are better PF options than Glass Bebe/Pueltle/Sully at C imho. That's a really, really shaky C lineup.
                      Oh I wouldn't make that trade. I'd want Ibaka or Millsap beside JV. And LMA was a more intriguing option for me as a free agent signing. I'm not so sure I'd like to move JV to get him when we already had a small chance of signing him when he was a free agent. I would expect us to have a shot at either Ibaka or Millsap next summer, but would require some moves to clear the space necessary to sign them, and that itself might open up another hole or two in the roster. Like if we had to trade Carroll and Ross for nothing (would that even be enough?), would it really be worth it as we would have no one at the SF spot?

But I think the more interesting discussion that others have brought up would be trading JV for the all star type PF and pairing him with a more mobile defensive C. Not sure Bebe or Poeltl would fit the bill as starters, but it is an interesting thought to wonder what the team would function like in that scenario. Imagine a situation like Lowry, Demar, Carroll, Millsap and Howard. Now you gotta think that lineup has a chance at the Cavs. Obviously, I'm not suggesting getting Millsap and Howard, but thats the hypothetical example I think of when guys are suggesting moving JV for a PF allstar type and pairing that acquisition with a mobile defensive C.

Comment

• So this is basically a fantasy trade idea. Anyone hearing the Klay Thompson to Celtics rumours? they're saying the Warriors are looking to trade for a big man(Horford?).

Frankly, i think it's nonsense there's no way GSW trade Klay. But just for fun:

JV + Ross or Powell + our 1st rd picks next year for Klay.

Would you do it?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          So this is basically a fantasy trade idea. Anyone hearing the Klay Thompson to Celtics rumours? they're saying the Warriors are looking to trade for a big man(Horford?).

Would you do it?
                          I don't think there is any truth to the klay trade rumours. He fits perfectly with that team its probably just someone in Boston starting a rumour again. Boston has been rumoured to be getting Butler, Cousins, Hayward, Davis, Noel & now Klay and all of those have been proven to be fake.

As for your proposed trade I wouldn't do it. We already have enough wings, if we were to trade JV it would have to be for another big.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            So this is basically a fantasy trade idea. Anyone hearing the Klay Thompson to Celtics rumours? they're saying the Warriors are looking to trade for a big man(Horford?).

Would you do it?
                            I think we should be dealing from a position of strength (guards) into a position of weakness (forwards).
                            Having Sully right now sure would change the outlook.

Comment

• I can't see Klay having similar success without Curry. Just a gut feeling.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                I can't see Klay having similar success without Curry. Just a gut feeling.
                                He's had some big games without Curry, but I tend to agree. I don't trust him outside the GS system and don't think he'd be worth the exorbitant price GS would want.

Comment

Working...
                                X