Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Majesiu wrote: View Post

Guy from the last night jumps out though - Gallinari. Matching salaries is first challenge - CoJo + PPat/Sully does that, than we need to sweeten the deal with at least one of our 1st round picks. This leaves us without backup PG until Delon comes back so this won't materialize until January. Also CoJo has been terrible so far, that may lower his value so Denver gives hard pass to trade. Still there aren't many game changing and realistic trades on sight.
    That trade for Gallo needs a sweetener?

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      That trade for Gallo needs a sweetener?

If anything we need one when he comes to play his 50 games per year and can't hobble into the Playoffs.

Comment

• If we do trade for a guy like Gallo, perhaps we could use our 2nd rounder due to his injury history.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
          If we do trade for a guy like Gallo, perhaps we could use our 2nd rounder due to his injury history.
          Second round picks in the 50's are pretty well worthless though.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Gallo opts out, becomes Ufa, cap hold 17m, we have his bird rights, he signs for 4yrs/100m. Is that right?

I think we would have to give up pat in this trade and not Sully bc pat is more 4/3 like Gallo but Sully is more 5/4. Pat means more to the team and we have his bird rights.

Cory has a player option after next yr. If he keeps playing like poop then his value might be peaked. Especially if delon looks better.

Personally I think norm/delon/fvv is pretty good pg rotation.. We need front court defense imo so flipping cory for that makes sense. I like Gallo and I see the argument for floor spacing but I think we need defense more than anything. Gallo is good, not great defender, is that right?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
              Gallo opts out, becomes Ufa, cap hold 17m, we have his bird rights, he signs for 4yrs/100m. Is that right?

I think we would have to give up pat in this trade and not Sully bc pat is more 4/3 like Gallo but Sully is more 5/4. Pat means more to the team and we have his bird rights.

Cory has a player option after next yr. If he keeps playing like poop then his value might be peaked. Especially if delon looks better.

Personally I think norm/delon/fvv is pretty good pg rotation.. We need front court defense imo so flipping cory for that makes sense. I like Gallo and I see the argument for floor spacing but I think we need defense more than anything. Gallo is good, not great defender, is that right?
              Gallo is a bad defender. I don't think I've ever seen him described as good.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Gallo is a bad defender. I don't think I've ever seen him described as good.
                Thx. I'd rather not do this trade then. We've got a top 5 offense even with spacing and shooting issues. But we're giving up 100+ pts the last few games.

Comment

• Raptors in Zach Randolph, Vince Carter
                  Raptors out PP, TRoss

Raptors acquire a decent big off the bench in Randolph and is crucial when playoff comes around, we have Sullinger and Randolph as our front court bigs. Carter gets to retire as a Rap and on some days, he will be half man, half amazing and get the start as opposed to Carroll.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                    Raptors in Zach Randolph, Vince Carter
                    Raptors out PP, TRoss

Raptors acquire a decent big off the bench in Randolph and is crucial when playoff comes around, we have Sullinger and Randolph as our front court bigs. Carter gets to retire as a Rap and on some days, he will be half man, half amazing and get the start as opposed to Carroll.
                    Why would the Grizzlies do that?

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      Why would the Grizzlies do that?
                      Better deal for grizzlies than raps. Pat will still be good for this team in reduced role.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                        Better deal for grizzlies than raps. Pat will still be good for this team in reduced role.
                        Randolph is averaging 14 and 8 and Carter has played really well recently. Only bright side for them in that trade is they get younger.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          Randolph is averaging 14 and 8 and Carter has played really well recently. Only bright side for them in that trade is they get younger.
                          Zach's 35 in the last yr of his contract so is Vince and turning 40. Happy to see Vince is playing well too.
                          Pat is a good glue guy for us. 27 and we have his bird rights. 4/3 are our biggest positions of need (unless Dmc recovers). Ross is 25 and locked up at 10m. Ross is the "get" in this deal. We lose.
                          Sully will give us similar look to zach, without giving up assets.
                          It's not highway robbery so I see your point. I might do this deal if old Ross comes back and we send Sully. Or if we are trading Dmc instead but they have Parsons anyway.

Comment

Raptors out PP, TRoss

This may be the worst trade idea I've ever seen on a Raptors board.

Comment

Raptors out PP, TRoss

So you want to ship out 2 competent 3PT shooters (well maybe not so much PP at the moment) and in return get 2 guys on the verge of retirement who can't stretch the floor. VC nostalgia aside... How does this trade make us a better team?
                              Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; Mon Nov 21, 2016, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• Given cory's recent play and our defensive struggles, have people's attitude toward cory for noel changed at all?
                                I think cory's value will drop if he continues to play this way, also if delon looks competent when he returns.
                                Bare in mind delon is under contract longer and significantly cheaper and cory only has one more guaranteed yr. Fvv to me looks to be a good 3rd pg option with different skills than either delon or cory.
                                Personally I'd rather see norm handle the ball more too and have more front court defense. We will be capped out in the summer so adding talent thru trade makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X