Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lewro wrote: View Post
    Given cory's recent play and our defensive struggles, have people's attitude toward cory for noel changed at all?
    I think cory's value will drop if he continues to play this way, also if delon looks competent when he returns.
    Bare in mind delon is under contract longer and significantly cheaper and cory only has one more guaranteed yr. Fvv to me looks to be a good 3rd pg option with different skills than either delon or cory.
    Personally I'd rather see norm handle the ball more too and have more front court defense. We will be capped out in the summer so adding talent thru trade makes sense.
    I'm open to the idea of trading CoJo, but not until Delon is back and has demonstrated he's healthy.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Given cory's recent play and our defensive struggles, have people's attitude toward cory for noel changed at all?
      I think cory's value will drop if he continues to play this way, also if delon looks competent when he returns.
      Bare in mind delon is under contract longer and significantly cheaper and cory only has one more guaranteed yr. Fvv to me looks to be a good 3rd pg option with different skills than either delon or cory.
      Personally I'd rather see norm handle the ball more too and have more front court defense. We will be capped out in the summer so adding talent thru trade makes sense.
      Considering Cory was arguably out best defensive player last year and our defensive issues are primarily due to struggling on the perimeter I'd rather keep him.

We are getting garbage from everyone except maybe Ross and Powell. Everyone else is a pylon, and it does look like some slippage is happening in the system as well. Do not feel like we are trying to ice the p'nr as much as last year and guards are easily getting into the middle.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Considering Cory was arguably out best defensive player last year and our defensive issues are primarily due to struggling on the perimeter I'd rather keep him.

We are getting garbage from everyone except maybe Ross and Powell. Everyone else is a pylon, and it does look like some slippage is happening in the system as well. Do not feel like we are trying to ice the p'nr as much as last year and guards are easily getting into the middle.

Powell played 0 mins last night, cory played 20. Powell can guard 1,2s as well as cory imo. Delon can as well in theory. I'd rather see Powell with the ball and off ball more than cory. Fvv is a small defender but he can pass and shoot better than cory. He's not bad at getting his own off the dribble too.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          I'm open to the idea of trading CoJo, but not until Delon is back and has demonstrated he's healthy.
          I hear you. Im not that worried about delon, especially if he's backing up norm. Like to see more norm, Ross lineups and I know you will get behind that

Comment

• http://www.libertyballers.com/2016/1...30/noels-worth

I discussed the cory/noel trade with sixers fans in the comment section here. Didn't get good responses but I think they will come back to earth that cory might be their best option.
            I think Philly makes the most sense as a trade partner right now.

Comment

Powell played 0 mins last night, cory played 20. Powell can guard 1,2s as well as cory imo. Delon can as well in theory. I'd rather see Powell with the ball and off ball more than cory. Fvv is a small defender but he can pass and shoot better than cory. He's not bad at getting his own off the dribble too.
              Powell should be cutting into Carroll's minutes....sure maybe he could take a few from Cory, but that's not where his minutes should be. He is not a PG. He can defend most perimeter players, but he is not a PG.

FVV? The guy who barely looked capable in preseason? Yeah, not buying that.

Wright could supplant Cojo, but that's obviously not up for debate until Wright gets back.

Again, we need to tighten up our perimeter D. Cojo finding his rhythm could be a bigger difference maker than trading him for Noel. Our bigs have not been the problem defensively. JV outplayed Cousins last night, but was pulled away from the basket at the same time. I dont see any big doing differently. If you're going to stay close enough to contest on DMC's shots, you're not going to be able to bail out our awful perimeter D letting one driver/cutter after another to get straight down the lane. Similaroy on screens, where we seem to be icing a lot less and going above screens a lot, giving up lots of open lanes.

Comment

• Wish we could create a package (with a pick and young player) to trade Carroll for Middleton in a buy low scenario.

Comment

Powell should be cutting into Carroll's minutes....sure maybe he could take a few from Cory, but that's not where his minutes should be. He is not a PG. He can defend most perimeter players, but he is not a PG.

FVV? The guy who barely looked capable in preseason? Yeah, not buying that.

Wright could supplant Cojo, but that's obviously not up for debate until Wright gets back.

Again, we need to tighten up our perimeter D. Cojo finding his rhythm could be a bigger difference maker than trading him for Noel. Our bigs have not been the problem defensively. JV outplayed Cousins last night, but was pulled away from the basket at the same time. I dont see any big doing differently. If you're going to stay close enough to contest on DMC's shots, you're not going to be able to bail out our awful perimeter D letting one driver/cutter after another to get straight down the lane. Similaroy on screens, where we seem to be icing a lot less and going above screens a lot, giving up lots of open lanes.

But what is a "point guard" in the Raps system, though? A guy that dribbles the ball over half-court and hands it off to Kyle and Demar? I think Norm can handle that.

It's not like Cory is breaking down the defense and generating open looks for shooters in rhythm, like Chris Paul. Quite the opposite - he's barreling into multiple defenders with blinders on and getting stuffed at the rim. He's been Casey'd. At least Norm could be a 3 & D type of PG and provide spacing for the primary ball handlers (KL/DD), kind of like what the Bucks are trying to do with Dellavedova, or like Derrick Fisher used to do for the Lakers.

And I'm not totally sold that Norm is a good matchup to defend the bulkier SFs that Carroll was brought in to guard.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    But what is a "point guard" in the Raps system, though? A guy that dribbles the ball over half-court and hands it off to Kyle and Demar? I think Norm can handle that.

It's not like Cory is breaking down the defense and generating open looks for shooters in rhythm, like Chris Paul. Quite the opposite - he's barreling into multiple defenders with blinders on and getting stuffed at the rim. He's been Casey'd. At least Norm could be a 3 & D type of PG and provide spacing for the primary ball handlers (KL/DD), kind of like what the Bucks are trying to do with Dellavedova, or like Derrick Fisher used to do for the Lakers.

And I'm not totally sold that Norm is a good matchup to defend the bulkier SFs that Carroll was brought in to guard.
                    Ok well in that scenario he's not the PG. I think the assumption would be the role Cory has, even sometimes with Lowry on the court where he not only brings tue ball up but initiates our so-called offence. Powell can be good 2- way role player at least, but I still think those minutes should be more at Carroll's expense than anybody else.

And Carroll has never been good at guarding bulkier players so i dont know if that's why he was brought in. A lot of fans seemed to think that even though it wasn't a standout part of his game. He's a pretty average sized wing and doesn't play that big/strong defensively. I thought we got him so at least one of our starters could stay in front of their man on the perimeter. Disrupt a perimeter scorer on the other team, and generally cause some chaos on the perimeter with high energy D. So far though he's probably our worst defensive player. I've lost count how many times this year his man has made a simple cut to get an open lay up/dunk without Carroll even noticing or reacting. Your D just cant be good when that's happening. Soon the "not 100%" excuses will tire. Need to see a real upswing in hid defensive play.

Comment

• I agree with golden. Whoever you guard on defense is your position imo.
                      I think part of why Carroll was signed was his D on lebron in ecf with Hawks. He's a big boy for sure.
                      I agree norm should eat Carroll's mins but we can also play demar and Ross there. Norm can get some of cory's mins too.
                      I think norm has a lot of upside. More than cory anyway.
                      We need help at all defensive positions but I'd say front court more than backcourt.

Comment

I agree with golden. Whoever you guard on defense is your position imo.
                        I think part of why Carroll was signed was his D on lebron in ecf with Hawks. He's a big boy for sure.
                        I agree norm should eat Carroll's mins but we can also play demar and Ross there. Norm can get some of cory's mins too.
                        I think norm has a lot of upside. More than cory anyway.
                        We need help at all defensive positions but I'd say front court more than backcourt.
                        I strongly disagree on the last point. Our biggest issue so far has been defending the point of attack, which is most often one of the opponents guards/wings. We are getting poor individual performances there as well as what looks like slippage in the system compared to last year. Our guys can't stay in front of anyone, and we're conceding the middle a lot on our p'n'r D, which is a disaster. Even off the ball Demarre and Demar are getting caught ball watching a lot leaving guys open for cuts and shots.

Im terrified that we're slowly shedding all the principles put in place with Greer last season and that by year's end we'll be back to "scramble" D.

Comment

• Our biggest issues are on D for sure. But Cory hasn't been that great this year either. Hopefully he gets back into form. He does seem to bog down the O though. Our "system" certainly doesn't compliment his skillset. It hurts watching him overdribble sometimes. I was never a big Cojo fan, but I wouldn't give up on him yet, although I am itching to see what Delon can do. Delon may be better suited to how we play than Cory, if his D is sufficient.

Comment

I strongly disagree on the last point. Our biggest issue so far has been defending the point of attack, which is most often one of the opponents guards/wings. We are getting poor individual performances there as well as what looks like slippage in the system compared to last year. Our guys can't stay in front of anyone, and we're conceding the middle a lot on our p'n'r D, which is a disaster. Even off the ball Demarre and Demar are getting caught ball watching a lot leaving guys open for cuts and shots.

Im terrified that we're slowly shedding all the principles put in place with Greer last season and that by year's end we'll be back to "scramble" D.

Demars playing 40mins. He's not a great defender. Kyle's playing 35+ mins. Hes a decent defender. The supporting guys are good defenders (Ross is good when he wants to be). Carroll struggles but he might be injured and he's a 3/4, not a 2/3 so I see him as more front court then backcourt.
                            Anyway, if you play demar 40mins than you need a rim protect/pnr D behind him.

Comment

• Jv for gasol
                              Cory for noel

Comment

Jv for gasol
                                Cory for noel
                                Hell no on JV for Gasol, you're trading a good young C for a player who'll retire in a year or 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X