• Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Nah I want Wright to get a shot.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Wright ain't ready for prime-time

Comment

Cory + 2pat works for Chandler money wise.

Yeah let's trade two of our best bench players for one guy who is worse than either of them and is less of a need than either of those two. Great idea.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Yeah let's trade two of our best bench players for one guy who is worse than either of them and is less of a need than either of those two. Great idea.
        Not sure Chandler is actually worse than CoJo (who I tend to think Raptor fans overrate) but agreed its a terrible trade.

Comment

• Only players I would move JV (right now) for are DMC or PG

JV + Carroll + Both picks + Wright
          for
          Paul George + Salary match

or

JV + Wright/Cojo + both picks + Bruno
          for
          DMC + Salary match

Then somehow trade for Noel

Lowry - Wright
          Demar - Ross
          George - Ross
          Jared - Rook
          Noel - Bebe

Lowry - Wright
          Demar - Ross
          Carroll - Ross
          Cousins - Jared
          Noel - Jared

*Pat and Norm are likely moved for Noel
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Chandler is playing better than both of those guys. Masai isn't going to pay 2pat 12+ mill a year to miss open 3s. Might as well get something for him. Joseph is the same age as Wright. Wright comes back Jan 1st. I think Masai wants to eventually give his 1st rounder a shot.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Anyways as history has shown Masai wont make a move if the team is winning.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I don't think that's a good trade at all, but your first point is just wrong. How can you objectively say that Cory Joseph and 2Pat are both better than Chandler when there is literally zero statistical evidence to indicate that's the case? Even last year neither CoJo nor 2Pat broke .100 WS/48 and they're hovering closer to 0.050 this season. Chandler has consistently been above that threshold while being hyper efficient and near the upper echelon defensively for his position.

It's not a good trade because we lose some crucial depth (particularly 2Pat at the 4 spot) and Chandler is way up there in age also so I'm not sure it's a good idea to commit to him until 2019, but he most certainly is better than both of them.

Comment

• chandler would be a very good pick up for us. He was one of my top targets back before we signed Demarre. I'm not a big fan of Cory's but I wouldn't move him and Patterson for Chandler. Nor do I think the Nuggets would make that trade anyways. I imagine that if they were to move him or Gallo they'd want picks and/or prospects back. If Carroll gets back to his old self, not sure how much Chandler can really help us anyway. Patterson is a great backup PF, and Ross is killing it and NP needs minutes. But Chandler would be a great option to guard LBJ and Melo types.

And I love Ibaka, but the more I see of Siakim the more I think he can provide us with what we would, in theory, get from Ibaka. You just gotta wonder if he'll get there while Lowry is still able to play at an all-nba level.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                    chandler would be a very good pick up for us. He was one of my top targets back before we signed Demarre. I'm not a big fan of Cory's but I wouldn't move him and Patterson for Chandler. Nor do I think the Nuggets would make that trade anyways. I imagine that if they were to move him or Gallo they'd want picks and/or prospects back. If Carroll gets back to his old self, not sure how much Chandler can really help us anyway. Patterson is a great backup PF, and Ross is killing it and NP needs minutes. But Chandler would be a great option to guard LBJ and Melo types.

And I love Ibaka, but the more I see of Siakim the more I think he can provide us with what we would, in theory, get from Ibaka. You just gotta wonder if he'll get there while Lowry is still able to play at an all-nba level.
                    They are talking about trading for Tyson Chandler from Phoenix not Wilson Chandler from Denver.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      They are talking about trading for Tyson Chandler from Phoenix not Wilson Chandler from Denver.
                      There is confusion there. Some were talking Tyson, others were talking Wilson.

Comment

• Ugh, a lot of these ideas are lateral moves or worse.

We don't need to make a change just for the sake of making a change. Neither of the Chandlers is going to move the needle for us.

If we do risk our chemistry it has to be for someone with ceiling-altering potential. We don't need depth, we don't need role players. We can always fill those roles in the offseason with small moves/signings.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                          I don't think that's a good trade at all, but your first point is just wrong. How can you objectively say that Cory Joseph and 2Pat are both better than Chandler when there is literally zero statistical evidence to indicate that's the case? Even last year neither CoJo nor 2Pat broke .100 WS/48 and they're hovering closer to 0.050 this season. Chandler has consistently been above that threshold while being hyper efficient and near the upper echelon defensively for his position.

It's not a good trade because we lose some crucial depth (particularly 2Pat at the 4 spot) and Chandler is way up there in age also so I'm not sure it's a good idea to commit to him until 2019, but he most certainly is better than both of them.
                          Both BPM and RPM have Patterson being better than Tyson both this year and last year. I'm not arguing that those stats are accurate, but they are at least as accurate as WS, especially in the case of Chandler.

WS seems to absolutely love the combo of efficiency and rebounding. WS/48, as Dan pointed out a while back, had JV last year having the best Raptor season ever. And WS/48 had Enes Kanter as even better than JV. (He's not).
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post

Chandler is only 2 years older than 2pat. Also I'd personally rather pay Chandler 11 mill a year than pay 2pat 12+ mill going forward.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chandler is only 2 years older than 2pat. Also I'd personally rather pay Chandler 11 mill a year than pay 2pat 12+ mill going forward.

You quoted a post talking about Tyson Chandler. Sheesh.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Was it Masai who gave Wilson Chandler the current contract he is on?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X