X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lewro wrote: View Post
    2nd yr playing out of position as pf

http://www.libertyballers.com/2016/6...phomore-season

1st yr highlights at natural position of center are better.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DCWi5msP_ZY

Noel's worst vorp playing out of position as a 21 yr old pf on the shittiest team in history (arguably) is still higher than jvs best career vorp as 23 yr old on our ecf team last yr. Bpm also show noel to be a net positive and jv a net negative in their careers. Jv career high was 1.1 bpm last yr, he was negative every other yr. Noel posted .8 in his rookie yr and .7 last yr as a pf.

Sorry to the jv fan boys, he is a good player and a nice guy. I know he's had some injuries this yr but it just seems like a poor fit. He was great in the playoffs and Detroit in gm 1 was encouraging but he hasn't been used since and it doesn't look like he will be. Most importantly I don't see him improving much as a defender which is what we need from him otherwise Casey won't play him. Bebe is one foot out of the dleague but already seems to fit better. Noel is the best version of bebe and 2 yrs younger.

I don't want to throw jv under the bus but he'd make a good trade chip. Its clear to me that we need a big 3 and jv is being used as a role player. I'd be willing to roll the dice on Noel if the price is reasonable/ he looks healthy and hope to add more talent with a further move by trading jv or noel next yr, depending who fits better/has more value.
    I'd be curious to see how Noel played vs. JV and the Raptors. Do you have any stats/video of their matchups? I understand i may be asking for too much...

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
      I'd be curious to see how Noel played vs. JV and the Raptors. Do you have any stats/video of their matchups? I understand i may be asking for too much...
      Last season, in 4 games against the Raptors, Noel averaged 6.7 points on 44% FG%, 7.7 rebounds in 28 MPG, 3 assists, 1.7 steals, and 1.7 blocks, and a -13, second worst on the team in those games.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
        There's some footage in the YouTube highlights of him blocking jv and sully. There's an offensive clip of him scoring vs pat in the first highlights. I'm not gonna isolate it, sorry.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
          Almost wondering what the point even is really? Warriors are just so stupidly stacked it'd be impossible to beat them.
          Yes, this is how I felt in preseason but I didn't expect dd to improve so much and many of our rookies to be where they're at. It might take more than one move but I'd like to see them try to move the chains up a bit.

Comment

• NBATV crew saying that Raps our a player short. Kyle Lowry and Debo playing 2 on 3.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think they will make the playoffs and take their chances to resign him, just like horford and if not put their money in BPA, just like Howard. Even if millsap goes on the block doesn't mean we have the best offer, or that we resign him or that giving up a boat load to resign him at the max for 5 years (until hes 37) is the solution. It might be and I'm open to it but I'm open to other ideas too.
              I don't think they make it. They don't have good enough guard play. I'd rather pay Milsap the max than pay 2pat 15 mill to not show up against the Cavs.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                I don't think they make it. They don't have good enough guard play. I'd rather pay Milsap the max than pay 2pat 15 mill to not show up against the Cavs.

I don't think so either but I'd like to give them the best chance to win some games and challenge the cavs. Then make some adjustments in the offseason.

Comment

I don't think so either but I'd like to give them the best chance to win some games and challenge the cavs. Then make some adjustments in the offseason.
                  Only hope is if Sully can be that 3rd playmaker. Right now we need some being able to make a play when Lowry and Debo are trapped. Cleveland really doesn't respect anyone else on this team.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Comment

Only hope is if Sully can be that 3rd playmaker. Right now we need some being able to make a play when Lowry and Debo are trapped. Cleveland really doesn't respect anyone else on this team.

Yeah, I don't put that much faith in Sully. He will help but they need more talent. He's gone next yr anyway.

Comment

Actually I think that they "get up" to play the Raptors is a good indication that we are on their radar. It's enough respect to know they won't just play us like they would some of the crappy teams they have lost to.

Comment

Yeah, I don't put that much faith in Sully. He will help but they need more talent. He's gone next yr anyway.
                          That's why Masai has to make a move. We just can't be wasting Lowry's prime years.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            Actually I think that they "get up" to play the Raptors is a good indication that we are on their radar. It's enough respect to know they won't just play us like they would some of the crappy teams they have lost to.
                            Their defensive scheme says different. They are basically daring anyone not named Lowry/DeRozan to beat them. Unfortunately the other players aren't good enough.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

That's why Masai has to make a move. We just can't be wasting Lowry's prime years.

Agreed. Also for the fans. Been watching this team since day 1, 95. For all the years of losing, I'd like to roll the dice. I'd be proud to push one of the goats (lebron) to 7 games and lose.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

More imaginary fuel to this imaginary fire .....

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=h7khsqk

Comment

Working...
                                X