Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    So why would they trade him?
    The Wiz are sort of a disappointment aren't they? They have been in "win now" mode for a while now and even tried to shake things up by picking up Markieff Morris last season when many in the league wouldn't even consider bringing in a reportedly bad influence to the locker room. Perhaps trading Porter gets them something they think can push them into the playoffs? Perhaps they don't want to pay him as OKC with Harden..

I'm just more curious if he'd be a good fit with the Raptors. If he can defend LeBron which to me is the key to any big acquisition at this point then perhaps its a worth while risk.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      The Wiz are sort of a disappointment aren't they? They have been in "win now" mode for a while now and even tried to shake things up by picking up Markieff Morris last season when many in the league wouldn't even consider bringing in a reportedly bad influence to the locker room. Perhaps trading Porter gets them something they think can push them into the playoffs? Perhaps they don't want to pay him as OKC with Harden..

I'm just more curious if he'd be a good fit with the Raptors. If he can defend LeBron which to me is the key to any big acquisition at this point then perhaps its a worth while risk.
      I was going to make an "eat my shoe" comment, but maybe Washington's management is stupid enough to trade Porter, although I highly doubt it. They should see how their Win-Now has failed with a couple of stars in Wall and Porter, a good but not great Beal, an OK Gortat and the rest of the team basically a bunch of drek.

I'd get rid of the drek, Gortat, Beal, maybe even Wall before trading Porter.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Except with Porter it wouldn't be a mistake.

It like saying OKC overpaid Kanter so they should have avoided that mistake with Westbrook.
        If Westbrook's resume consisted of just 20+ games of "max worthy" ball, then you would understand OKC's hesitation.

Comment

• Sometimes you need a bench. If Washington trades Beal for a bench like Masai traded Rudy.. Washington could easily become a top 4 team in the East. Their bench is awful. And from what I'm hearing Beal and Wall actually hate each other.

They definitely should keep Porter though. Hard to find a good 3&D player in this league, and he can cover multiple positions on defense. I don't know if Masai would be willing to go after Porter and pay his max salary (which he'll want) when he has to consider doing the same for Lowry.

Comment

• Definitely agree that the Wizards have an issue with their bench. Wall dropped 52 last night, outscoring the entire Magic starting five combined, but the Wizards still lost the game to Orlando .

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              If Westbrook's resume consisted of just 20+ games of "max worthy" ball, then you would understand OKC's hesitation.
              [IMG] [/IMG]

Barring collapse or injury, he'll get max. And the way he's improved year to year, collapse is unlikely
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

[IMG] [/IMG]

Barring collapse or injury, he'll get max. And the way he's improved year to year, collapse is unlikely
                He's had to deal with a fair bit of injury early in his career though hasn't he? Or perhaps I'm confusing him with Beal.

Comment

[IMG] [/IMG]

I think we're talking past each other now. I don't deny that he'll get max (as silly as I find this new NBA financial world to be).

You asked why Washington would consider trading him. I presented 1 reason why they might entertain the thought.

Comment

• We are talking a max deal for Otto Porter... The Otto Porter of the career 8 pts... 4 rebs and 1 assist Washington Wizards Otto Porter.......Must be a mountain of intangibles that he brings with him...

Mind bending..
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      We are talking a max deal for Otto Porter... The Otto Porter of the career 8 pts... 4 rebs and 1 assist Washington Wizards Otto Porter.......Must be a mountain of intangibles that he brings with him...

Mind bending..
                      I miss the days when only the top 8-10 best players in the league were max worthy.

Comment

I think we're talking past each other now. I don't deny that he'll get max (as silly as I find this new NBA financial world to be).

You asked why Washington would consider trading him. I presented 1 reason why they might entertain the thought.
                        Yes, and although I strongly disagreed, I wasn't 100% sure (i.e. eat my shoe certain) you were wrong.

The tweet was in response to your implication that Porter's "resume consisted of just 20+ games of "max worthy" ball"

Comment

I miss the days when only the top 8-10 best players in the league were max worthy.
                          Its not the money he gets... I begrudge no one who can get whatever they can out of a company in exchange for your efforts....

Whats amazing is that a run of the mill player .. on a team that smells like 4 day old fish in the sun.... would be considered worthy of that kind of a deal.... I mean the Whiz could probably finish out of the playoffs without Otto as with him you'd think. (sarcasm alert).......
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            Its not the money he gets... I begrudge no one who can get whatever they can out of a company in exchange for your efforts....

Whats amazing is that a run of the mill player .. on a team that smells like 4 day old fish in the sun.... would be considered worthy of that kind of a deal.... I mean the Whiz could probably finish out of the playoffs without Otto as with him you'd think. (sarcasm alert).......
                            lol, imagine the raps big 3 were Demar, Lowry, and Otto Porter...all on max contracts...what a shit show, and that would be better than Wall, Beal and Porter. No thanks, I'd rather have the contract structure the Raps have now.

Comment

• And I don't like Beal or Wall either. Beal seems like a punk, and Wall seems more worried about getting his face on billboards and his stardom. Lowry and Demar are miles ahead...

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                And I don't like Beal or Wall either. Beal seems like a punk, and Wall seems more worried about getting his face on billboards and his stardom. Lowry and Demar are miles ahead...
                                Yeah not a fan of how cocky both guys come off. I think the biggest issue in WAS is the terrible coach. I can't even believe Whittman is still around. It's obvious the players haven't bought in n really they have more than enough young talent they should at bare minimum be a playoff team.

Personally I would also keep an eye on Oubre. I think that kid is gonna be a helluva offensive weapon n the reason why they might allow Porter to walk. I know so many here are in love with Otto now but I'd poke around MIL to see if we could buy low in Middleton. He's a good 3pt shooter, good defender, more potent scorer n of course younger than Carroll so could be a long term piece, he also makes less moving forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X