No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoops just remembered Brooks is Was new coach lol smh...so maybe it is more of an attitude problem, although I did think Brooks was overrated by just having 2 of the best young players in the game.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      Whoops just remembered Brooks is Was new coach lol smh...so maybe it is more of an attitude problem, although I did think Brooks was overrated by just having 2 of the best young players in the game.
      It's an attitude problem....
      I just can't recall , because it likely never happened, that Larry legend, Magic Johnson, Jordan, or Abdul-Jabber ever repeatedly announced to the media that they were the best ..They didn't have to..it was there for all to see.
      Not so much for Wall and Beal eh?
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Yeah Hawks are a win now team. Owners probably prefer the playoff revenue over going through a rebuild. Hard to rebuild as well when you have a 30 year old Dwight Howard locked up for 3 more years.

And from what I recall, Horford's asking price last year was too rich for every GM. There may be pressure to get something back for Millsap in case he leaves, but like Horford perhaps Millsap just wants the $$$. Rumours were that Horford would have gone back to Atlanta if they matched Boston's offer and perhaps Millsap would be willing to do the same.

And even if Atlanta considered trading Milllsap they'd want something similar to what OKC got for Ibaka. That included Oladipo and a lottery pick in the draft.
        Atlanta finally won one last night...Even though it was against the putrid Heat ......but a win is a win when your scuffling as bad as Atlanta has been in the last couple/three weeks.

Next 5 see the Hawks taking on 4 playoff teams and three of those 4 teams are road games.

Atlanta could dig a really deep hole if they go even 1 and 4 in that stretch....and then we find out if GM Bud is as good as Coach Bud....because looking at 12 and 16 and somewhere around 10th or 11th kinda begs the question of now what...

Not saying Atlanta won't stay as is...but they sure as hell are going to listen to proposals if they are out of it come New Years
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Dec 8, 2016, 12:01 PM.
        - TGO

Comment

• It's too bad Denver has good centers already. I still think Chandler would be a great upgrade at the 4.

2pat+Wright for Chandler works money wise.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
            And I don't like Beal or Wall either. Beal seems like a punk, and Wall seems more worried about getting his face on billboards and his stardom. Lowry and Demar are miles ahead...
            But here is the thing..Beal and Wall have undeniable talent and potential. On paper much more so that Lowry or DeMar. What happens when you put either player into a system that seemingly helps players reach their potential? You can't really argue that most everyone..perhaps everyone...that comes through the Raptors system start to look real good.

I can't think of another system other than that of San Antonio that has this affect on players.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              It's too bad Denver has good centers already. I still think Chandler would be a great upgrade at the 4.

I wouldn't trade either right now. I want to see what a healthy Wright can bring to the team.....A long 6-5 point guard is very interesting to me. 2Pat is a big part of our closing units and i wouldn't want to mess with the chemistry for a guy like Chandler..... Also, I think Chandler is more of a SG/SF instead of a PF.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                But here is the thing..Beal and Wall have undeniable talent and potential. On paper much more so that Lowry or DeMar. What happens when you put either player into a system that seemingly helps players reach their potential? You can't really argue that most everyone..perhaps everyone...that comes through the Raptors system start to look real good.

I can't think of another system other than that of San Antonio that has this affect on players.
                LJ... Beal and Wall are 5 and 7 years into their careers... They are what they are...
                Two guys almost good enough.. but not quite... to get their team to consistent contender status....
                Wall and Beal talk about it.... Lowry and Derzan did it....
                - TGO

Comment

It's too bad Denver has good centers already. I still think Chandler would be a great upgrade at the 4.

Way too trigger happy on trading role players that clearly fit our system for other team's role players. Just not a smart move at all there.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    LJ... Beal and Wall are 5 and 7 years into their careers... They are what they are...
                    Two guys almost good enough.. but not quite... to get their team to consistent contender status....
                    How many years into their NBA careers was it before Casey turned Demar and Lowry into All Stars? My point is just that a different system could really help get the best out of them. I wouldn't be so down on either of those guys personally.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      Hold on, didn't the Wiz also make a conference finals actually before us?? So I don't think that it's just talk but they do need a major attitude adjustment and some humility. Not to sound like a kid lol because I'm sure I'm actually one of the older posters but reminds me of that Bane quote "victory has defeated you"....they seem to think their talent n past accomplishments can simply trump other teams n it's clear the joke is on them because hard work trumps talent when talent fails to work hard.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                        Hold on, didn't the Wiz also make a conference finals actually before us?? So I don't think that it's just talk but they do need a major attitude adjustment and some humility. Not to sound like a kid lol because I'm sure I'm actually one of the older posters but reminds me of that Bane quote "victory has defeated you"....they seem to think their talent n past accomplishments can simply trump other teams n it's clear the joke is on them because hard work trumps talent when talent fails to work hard.
                        Pretty sure they haven't made a conference finals in several decades.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Yep. Lots of missed playoffs and early exits. Even when they had the Arenas-Butler-Jamison trio I can't remember them advancing past the first round.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Since Nineteen Seventy-Nine!

Comment

Chandler is way too much of an injury risk, for my liking. I think he's played just 1 full season in his last 8 years.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                How many years into their NBA careers was it before Casey turned Demar and Lowry into All Stars? My point is just that a different system could really help get the best out of them. I wouldn't be so down on either of those guys personally.
                                That may be true that a fresh start would help both Beal and Wall... but there is something missing from these two for me. There's an expression.. "would you go to war with these guys" ... and my view is a quick and emphatic NO.

Its patently unfair but I look at Beal as a guy who talks a lot when he hasn't done jack .. who for the past 3 seasons got hurt and sat out not insignificant stretches of those seasons ... can't confirm or give a source but its hard to see him having the same work ethic DD does .... So for me Beal is an easy pass.

Wall has a petulant streak in him and doesn't strike me as all that mature... Team leaders don't get tossed from a couple of games in a row when the ship is listing ....mature guys just don't blurt out that they don't particularly like playing with another teammate to the media and expect it won't come back to bite you in the ass.... Its not just me on this.. both Beal and Wall have been passed over for the FIBA and Olymmpic teams by USA basketball.. they seem to think they are missing something as well...

If your waiting for these guys to change... I think you wait a long time.....
                                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Dec 8, 2016, 02:18 PM.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X