No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I posted this in the JV thread, but I wonder if the coaches' candor and Lewenberg's speculation are paving the way for a JV trade.

http://www.tsn.ca/raptors-still-figu...-fits-1.626407

I don't recall a major media writer ever putting a JV trade out there on the table. And from a messaging standpoint it's something you'd want the fanbase (which has been heavily pro-JV for a long time) to be ready for.

Or maybe everyone is reaching the same conclusions at the same time.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      I posted this in the JV thread, but I wonder if the coaches' candor and Lewenberg's speculation are paving the way for a JV trade.

http://www.tsn.ca/raptors-still-figu...-fits-1.626407

I don't recall a major media writer ever putting a JV trade out there on the table. And from a messaging standpoint it's something you'd want the fanbase (which has been heavily pro-JV for a long time) to be ready for.

Or maybe everyone is reaching the same conclusions at the same time.
      We're so used to his consistent 8+ rebounds and 55%+ shooting that this stretch of four games has everyone losing their minds lol

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
        We're so used to his consistent 8+ rebounds and 55%+ shooting that this stretch of four games has everyone losing their minds lol
        yeah like i posted in the JV thread I find this a bit confusing, especially considering there is a correspondence with an injury. not to excuse everything, but it's at least possible that some of it is related to that.

Comment

twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Many think we are so close to being able to beat CLE, that they are trying to find a way to justify making a move to get us to that point where we are truly a threat to LBJ's East dominance. Ross used to be our best trade chip, now he is playing decent and contributing. JV has faltered and looked shaky at times, but has alot of talent and his fit is questionable, so now he is our best trade chip. Honestly, I'm not sure a move is out there which takes us to CLE territory. And my guess is that beating them would take so much out of us that it would be like our championship series, and we would go on to get flattened by GSW anyways.

I'm questioning my opinion of JV on this team, but I still think we should take the rest of this season as is and if moves seem necessary, use the offseason to shake things up.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
              Many think we are so close to being able to beat CLE, that they are trying to find a way to justify making a move to get us to that point where we are truly a threat to LBJ's East dominance. Ross used to be our best trade chip, now he is playing decent and contributing. JV has faltered and looked shaky at times, but has alot of talent and his fit is questionable, so now he is our best trade chip. Honestly, I'm not sure a move is out there which takes us to CLE territory. And my guess is that beating them would take so much out of us that it would be like our championship series, and we would go on to get flattened by GSW anyways.

I'm questioning my opinion of JV on this team, but I still think we should take the rest of this season as is and if moves seem necessary, use the offseason to shake things up.
              Friendly reminder. There is no guarantee that Lowry will be back next year. I remember reading rumors that the Spurs will make a move to try and sign him.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                Friendly reminder. There is no guarantee that Lowry will be back next year. I remember reading rumors that the Spurs will make a move to try and sign him.
                Those rumours were not valid.. they came from some made up NBA rumor site. Like how Scalabrine came up with the idea that GSW was thinking about trading Klay.

Lowry is a lock to come back to Toronto in my opinion.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                  Yeah I think he'll sign with the Sixers. But who knows. His friendship with DeMar looks serious. Lovers.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    yeah like i posted in the JV thread I find this a bit confusing, especially considering there is a correspondence with an injury. not to excuse everything, but it's at least possible that some of it is related to that.
                    Except it's not just 4 games. The things people are now talking about in terms of JV's skillset have been the same since his rookie year, and in terms of his fit with this roster have been the same since Lowry and Derozan became 'the core'. The fact that he hasn't improved/progressed as fast or to the extent that people had expected/hoped he would by now is the new-ish wrinkle. Even his coaches aren't avoiding the issue, why should we?
                    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                      Except it's not just 4 games. The things people are now talking about in terms of JV's skillset have been the same since his rookie year, and in terms of his fit with this roster have been the same since Lowry and Derozan became 'the core'. The fact that he hasn't improved/progressed as fast or to the extent that people had expected/hoped he would by now is the new-ish wrinkle. Even his coaches aren't avoiding the issue, why should we?
                      Agreed. This conversation has gone on for a lot longer than Philly. I don't think the jv trade puts us over the top to beat Cleveland (although I don't know what that trade is yet), I think it could leave enough meat on the bone to make additional moves with good assets and enough of our core to close some of the gap with Cleveland. It still might not be enough but we might give them a good run. This is a competition after all.
                      Just bc lewenberg points to the issue doesn't mean that one side hasn't been saying jvs fine for a long time or that the other side have suddenly "lost our minds" for disagreeing. Sounds like lewenberg is just affirming that the later side was sane to make the observation this whole time. Not that I need lewenberg to tell me that, thx.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Yeah I think he'll sign with the Sixers. But who knows. His friendship with DeMar looks serious. Lovers.
                        Yeah, I mentioned this in the summer. I'd be pissed if this happened and we didn't get the LA pick (say lonzo ball), noel and saric.
                        I think he's back tho. We have the cash and its the best basketball situation for both sides imo.

Comment

That doesn't sound like a big 3 player. Seems crazy to think that it is.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                            who's saying avoid the issue? I've been pointing out the issues with JV's skills being underutilized and unmatched to our system for years. I just don't think the solution is going all in on iso-ball jumpshits, but rather to have an actual offensive system that generates good shots.

Defensively you're not going to find anyone in the NBA short of Anthony Davis and Karl Towns who can work with the backcourt of Demar, Kyle and broken-down Demarre and make the defence a powerhouse without sacrificing an equal or greater offensive impact. And if you make our offence even more guard oriented, Demar and Kyle's defence is going to get even worse.

Comment

who's saying avoid the issue? I've been pointing out the issues with JV's skills being underutilized for years. I just don't think the solution is going all in on iso-ball jumpshits, but rather to have an actual offensive system that generates good shots.

Defensively you're not going to find anyone in the NBA short of Anthony Davis and Karl Towns who can work with the backcourt of Demar, Kyle and broken-down Demarre and make the defence a powerhouse without sacrificing an equal or greater offensive impact. And if you make our offence even more guard oriented, Demar and Kyle's defence is going to get even worse.
                              And off that last point we get easier to scout and stop in playoff series.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

who's saying avoid the issue? I've been pointing out the issues with JV's skills being underutilized and unmatched to our system for years. I just don't think the solution is going all in on iso-ball jumpshits, but rather to have an actual offensive system that generates good shots.

I'm done with yelling at my TV to give jv the ball. If Casey wants a Chandler type then give it to him or tell him to use jv or fire him.

I think there's more potential than two guys to work with lowry and demar.

Comment

Working...
                                X