Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    I'm down to move any combination of our players minus the obvious DD + KL and imo Powell, to get George we'd be beastly, all we would need is a rim protector and we would be a legit threat.
    Yeah, I came in to say the biggest upgrade of adding an all star would be small forward. 2pat is actually really good and jv will get recover. Any chance paul george wants out after this year? Him and derozan are super tight..

Anybody see it work, pg 13 for Ross, Carroll, poeltl and a 1st in 17 and 18?
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• You're right McR but it's just for fun.

If we did a deal for PG it would likely be 3 team deal. Good picks, a starter and blue chip prospect that mesh with Turner. He's 99% at 5 this yr so don't see poeltl. Carroll is old, damaged and not a great contract for them.
      Anyway, I don't see Larry parting with PG and pacers are only 1.5 back of #3 seed atm. Pretty close to beating us last yr. Who knows vs heat?

Comment

• http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/8...marc-gasol.htm

Pure rumors and I know Marc Gasol trades have already been discussed, but I would love it if Raptors get Vince and he retires in Toronto.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
          http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/8...marc-gasol.htm

Pure rumors and I know Marc Gasol trades have already been discussed, but I would love it if Raptors get Vince and he retires in Toronto.
          last year I would have never thought i would say this but I really do not want to give up on Tross even if it means getting Marc Gasol back

but this line looks amazing TBH

Lowry - Cojo - Wirght - Vanleet
          DeRozan - Powell
          Carroll - Carter - Bruno
          Patterson - Jared - Pascal
          Gasol - Bebe - Jakob

So much debt and talent
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

I'm down to move any combination of our players minus the obvious DD + KL and imo Powell, to get George we'd be beastly, all we would need is a rim protector and we would be a legit threat.
            If I may ask, why is it important to keep powell when there becomes very few guard/forward minutes with the other three?

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/8...marc-gasol.htm

Not even rumors, just clickbait. Follow the links back to the Zach Lowe story (from a year ago) and it no longer becomes Toronto initiating talks, but other teams executives suggesting a JV plus for Gasol trade when Memphis throws in the towel.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                last year I would have never thought i would say this but I really do not want to give up on Tross even if it means getting Marc Gasol back

DeRozan - Powell
                Carroll - Carter - Bruno
                Gasol - Bebe - Jakob

So much debt and talent
                Do we really wanna fill our team with terrible financial planners?

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  If I may ask, why is it important to keep powell when there becomes very few guard/forward minutes with the other three?
                  6th man. You still need one good 2/3 off the bench, he'd get 25 min a night

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    They'll need a back up and I'm assuming Ross based on fit and contracts would be a part of the trade. Not to mention Powell is and will be a massive value contract. Quite simply I wouldn't want to lose his level of talent unless it was absolutely necessary to make the trade happen. I personally like Powell's potential more than any young player we currently have, including JV.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post

DeRozan - Powell
                      Carroll - Carter - Bruno
                      Gasol - Bebe - Jakob

So much debt and talent
                      I would in a heartbeat. Powell is more than capable of stepping in and I think would excel. Gasol would become kinda like our Duncan. Anchor our defence but have the shooting and passing ability to completely open up the court for KL and DD. If we had Gasol I'd put us a notch above the Clippers and fairly close to SAS, we would really be like a Spurs of the East (being the East isn't as good you catch my drift)...the point is we would then like the Spurs have the chance to make the Finals every year, no way I turn that down for Ross.

Comment

• Memphis isn't trading Gasol.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Gasol is an upgrade over JV, sure. But I don't see an huge advantage it creates over what JV gave us and it's still the same issue of how does this help us get past the Cavs.

Was chatting with my barber yesterday and he brought up Whiteside which I thought was interesting. About as mobile a C as there is in the league with great shot blocking which is seemingly what the Raptors want from that position. Not sure I'm on board with it myself but not sure if he's been brought up here before.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            Gasol is an upgrade over JV, sure. But I don't see an huge advantage it creates over what JV gave us and it's still the same issue of how does this help us get past the Cavs.

Was chatting with my barber yesterday and he brought up Whiteside which I thought was interesting. About as mobile a C as there is in the league with great shot blocking which is seemingly what the Raptors want from that position. Not sure I'm on board with it myself but not sure if he's been brought up here before.
                            Just can't see MIA selling him. What would they want? JV plus Ross plus picks? He's one of the few elite defensive C's that might actually make enough of a difference to make a style change worth the risk.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              Gasol is an upgrade over JV, sure. But I don't see an huge advantage it creates over what JV gave us and it's still the same issue of how does this help us get past the Cavs.

I have to disagree with being the same issue as JV, Gasol isn't an elite athlete even in his wildest dreams but he does have quicker feet which is the issue for JV (who has cinder blocks for feet) contesting perimeter shots and then getting himself back in a decent position to rebound. So that's already a substantial difference. The funny thing is we seem to keep thinking that we need additional scoring and some passing from the PF position but Gasol is excellent at both and is showing 3pt range. He pretty much covers majority of needs and of course he can anchor the post no problem. If we were able to create a package where we could somehow retain one of our 1st rds n Powell, I'd do it asap.

Comment

I have to disagree with being the same issue as JV, Gasol isn't an elite athlete even in his wildest dreams but he does have quicker feet which is the issue for JV (who has cinder blocks for feet) contesting perimeter shots and then getting himself back in a decent position to rebound. So that's already a substantial difference. The funny thing is we seem to keep thinking that we need additional scoring and some passing from the PF position but Gasol is excellent at both and is showing 3pt range. He pretty much covers majority of needs and of course he can anchor the post no problem. If we were able to create a package where we could somehow retain one of our 1st rds n Powell, I'd do it asap.
                                A package for Gasol probably starts at JV, Norm + a 1st at least. Then you might even have to throw in another 1st or Ross etc

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X