No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A superstar locked into a contract like Paul George? No way the Raps have the best bid on the market for a guy like that.

I'm busy cheering for the Hawks to lose. Millsap on an expiring deal is eminently gettable if they get nervous about re-signing him - and they should if they keep losing.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I still think we should be on pacers watch, they're in the mediocre log jam..if they finish on the outside looking in, don't be surprised if paul george knocks on Larrys door and says "hey Mr bird, I wanna fly away". We already know he's really good friends with demar, and there's actually no better fit around the league. Lebron kawhi and durant occupy the 3 spot of the only teams with a shot at a ring, and what a 1-2-3 combo wed have. Like wow. With that kind of star power, 2pat all of a sudden becomes the PERFECT power forward on a champion. Plus george can play the role of shutdown damn, average 25 a game, let kyle spot up for 3s, facilitate and just run around like a savage.

In short, lose pacers lose.
      You'd think the Raps would have to be on a shortlist of destinations though in order to land George. BOS could outbid I think.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        A superstar locked into a contract like Paul George? No way the Raps have the best bid on the market for a guy like that.

I'm busy cheering for the Hawks to lose. Millsap on an expiring deal is eminently gettable if they get nervous about re-signing him - and they should if they keep losing.
        yeah the more I think about it the more I think Millsap is the only real possibility...if the Hawks decide to trade him. And we have assets that would look nice around the Schroeder/Howard PnR.

Comment

I still think we should be on pacers watch, they're in the mediocre log jam..if they finish on the outside looking in, don't be surprised if paul george knocks on Larrys door and says "hey Mr bird, I wanna fly away". We already know he's really good friends with demar, and there's actually no better fit around the league. Lebron kawhi and durant occupy the 3 spot of the only teams with a shot at a ring, and what a 1-2-3 combo wed have. Like wow. With that kind of star power, 2pat all of a sudden becomes the PERFECT power forward on a champion. Plus george can play the role of shutdown damn, average 25 a game, let kyle spot up for 3s, facilitate and just run around like a savage.

In short, lose pacers lose.
          Don't you mean 2Pat becomes the perfect C, on a champion?

Comment

A superstar locked into a contract like Paul George? No way the Raps have the best bid on the market for a guy like that.

It's not an open market though if pg comes to bird. "Id like to go to toronto, try and work something out". Indy will never WANT to trade him, a little different than say the james harden deal
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

It's not an open market though if pg comes to bird. "Id like to go to toronto, try and work something out". Indy will never WANT to trade him, a little different than say the james harden deal
              Hmm, but if he's asking out, Indy will ask around, and teams will be willing to take the risk they can convince him to like it there because he has a few years left on his deal, and because he's Paul George and he's worth that risk. Players really only have that kind of leverage when on an expiring (or very close to it) deal.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                He might.. but how do you see Whiteside helping the Raps beat Cleveland.. which is how the end game is shaping up.

In the one game they have played... Cleveland whupped the heat by 30 and Hassan put up 8 points on 4 of 10 shooting with 12 boards with 28 minutes played.

So interested to hear how you see Hassan changing the game in our favour when the Cavs go small and Lebron goes to the 4 ? Or does he come out when the Cavs go small ? Whatdayathink ?
                My thoughts are it allows Toronto to have an elite shot blocker, rebounder, help defender covering everyone's back which allows for Ross to join the party in the starting line up. Bombs away as we try out best to outscore the Cavs. And when Kyrie and LeBron get past our perimeter D, Whiteside is as good an option to meet them at the rim/paint.

Comment

Hmm, but if he's asking out, Indy will ask around, and teams will be willing to take the risk they can convince him to like it there because he has a few years left on his deal, and because he's Paul George and he's worth that risk. Players really only have that kind of leverage when on an expiring (or very close to it) deal.
                  George is a free agent in summer 18. The clock is ticking to build something in indy
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I would not even do this. Getting Millsap would at least mean getting rid of Ross, who more and more seems to be on a great contract.

Would we be able to bring back Millsap in the summer?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                      Looking at the options we have right now and seeing how well this group plays together, I think we better stand pat for the season. Thoughts?
                      Does that means no more crazy trade proposals? If so I agree.

Though I lean that way anyway.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        My thoughts are it allows Toronto to have an elite shot blocker, rebounder, help defender covering everyone's back which allows for Ross to join the party in the starting line up. Bombs away as we try out best to outscore the Cavs. And when Kyrie and LeBron get past our perimeter D, Whiteside is as good an option to meet them at the rim/paint.
                        Fair ! So if the raps are keeping Ross in this hypothetical who else is going back with JV as its unlikely this is a straight up swap of big men...Pretty sure the heat would want whats coming back to be under the age of 25.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                          I would not even do this. Getting Millsap would at least mean getting rid of Ross, who more and more seems to be on a great contract.

Would we be able to bring back Millsap in the summer?
                          Yes, we would, if we were willing to pay him (presumably we would be).

At a certain point, the number of great contracts you have is less important than the number of great players.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

George is a free agent in summer 18. The clock is ticking to build something in indy
                            And if George asked out in the middle of NEXT season, I could maybe see it. With this year and next to convince him, very few GMs would hesitate to trade for him and ask questions later.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yes, we would, if we were willing to pay him (presumably we would be).

At a certain point, the number of great contracts you have is less important than the number of great players.
                              Idk though about trading Ross anymore. He's arguably the best bench player in the league this season. That's a lot of shooting to just lose in a trade.

EDIT: Nvm I'm allowing Coin Toss to sucker me in. No way he shoots 50-50-90 all year.
                              Last edited by Lupe; Tue Dec 13, 2016, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Yes, as you are fond of saying, we can't judge fit or success for a certainty until we try it, right?

When messing with an all-time great offence, there is significant risk in any move - I'm saying Whiteside is one of the few who might overcome that risk with the potential reward.
                                Yes, but I think there are degrees of risk. "Might" sounded a little extreme so I wanted to know why you consider the risk to be high?
                                I would say the risk is moderate to low. Certainly I'd guess the defense would approve. Offensively I'd suspect some drop off. However, whiteside is a decent offensive player with some similar skills to jv. Not that we are using those skills this season and I think you are fond of saying Lowry+bench is the most effective unit this year.
                                I'd say there's more risk that Whiteside is a bit of a head case and jv is selfless, almost to a fault.

Comment

Working...
                                X