Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    For those dreaming about Paul George, doesn't seem the least bit likely.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2016/12/p...ul-george.html
    I'm talking about an offseason deal, I know a deadline deal is not happening.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• It's nice to see that Woj is making money for so many other websites that report on his reporting.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
        It's nice to see that Woj is making money for so many other websites that report on his reporting.
        Do you prefer podcasts or written articles?

I occasionally listen to podcasts, but I hate them.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Great post keon, thx

Comment

• Pascal dbpm .9, drpm 1.27, drtg 104
            Jv dbpm -.6, drpm .11, drtg 108

Siakam is lost at times but mobility matters. 27th rookie coming out of the WAC he's fine and he'll figure it out. 5th pick, 5th yr, big 3, at the most important defensive position is another story.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
              Pascal dbpm .9, drpm 1.27, drtg 104
              Jv dbpm -.6, drpm .11, drtg 108

Siakam is lost at times but mobility matters. 27th rookie coming out of the WAC he's fine and he'll figure it out. 5th pick, 5th yr, big 3, at the most important defensive position is another story.
              Siakam will be fine, he has the tools to be pretty good defensively, long wingspan, quick, athletic and doesn't give up.

Comment

• I've been a proponent of waiting for Sully to return before rushing into a deal (although with the caveat that if a real needle mover at a fair price becomes available in the meantime, by all means go for it).

That said, there is no guarantee Sully won't suffer a setback, or have issues with either his weight or being able to integrate.

Millsap would be great, but will he be available? Will Atlanta demand a kings ransom like OKC supposedly did (and ended up getting) with Ibaka?

One PF who seemingly should be available and would be an upgrade and better fit than Siakim this season is Ilyasova.

Just wondering, if all else fails, should he be a fall back option and what should it take to get him?
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I've been a proponent of waiting for Sully to return before rushing into a deal (although with the caveat that if a real needle mover at a fair price becomes available in the meantime, by all means go for it).

That said, there is no guarantee Sully won't suffer a setback, or have issues with either his weight or being able to integrate.

Millsap would be great, but will he be available? Will Atlanta demand a kings ransom like OKC supposedly did (and ended up getting) with Ibaka?

One PF who seemingly should be available and would be an upgrade and better fit than Siakim this season is Ilyasova.

Just wondering, if all else fails, should he be a fall back option and what should it take to get him?
                  Ilyasova is a decent enough rebounder and shooter, but his defence is very much lacking. No interest, and with his 8.4M salary, would require a significant part going out to get him, plus youth/a pick to get Philly to bite. If it came down to the playoffs and Sully wasn't back and Siakam had hit the rookie wall and was worse than he is now, I'd probably just go small off the bench with Carroll at PF, or even Norm when the opposition goes small.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I've been a proponent of waiting for Sully to return before rushing into a deal (although with the caveat that if a real needle mover at a fair price becomes available in the meantime, by all means go for it).

Mike Muscala and Dwight Powell are a couple of guys from underperforming teams I'd be asking about.

Both can play the 4 and 5 and have a jump shot. Muscala has 3 point range, and Powell is a better rim protector (and he's from Toronto).

On the other hand, maybe a combo forward like Robert Covington would work as well. BeBe has been better than expected, so maybe we don't need someone that can play center.

Comment

• Would love to get Powell (he'd be a great fit at PF long term) but no way DAL sells on him.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Would love to get Powell (he'd be a great fit at PF long term) but no way DAL sells on him.
                        Yeah, the fit and contract are nearly perfect. If Powell can extend his range he's a hell of a player.

It may seem like an overpay, but I'd trade JV for Powell + an expiring contract.

Comment

• OakTree wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, the fit and contract are nearly perfect. If Powell can extend his range he's a hell of a player.

It may seem like an overpay, but I'd trade JV for Powell + an expiring contract.
                          Oh, heck no. Man alive, people.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• OakTree wrote: View Post

We should probably send them Kyle too, just to be safe.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Oh, heck no. Man alive, people.
                              Considering the situation the Raps are in, $16 million is a lot to pay someone that can't play against the Cavs.

Also, there's a good chance we're going to lose Patterson this offseason because of lack of cap space.

So, the deal would actually be JV for Powell + cap space, which in effect would be JV for Powell + Patterson. Which is a good deal.

Comment

• Losing Patterson is a huge problem. Take a look at the front court rotation minus Patterson and Sullinger. That's the roster you're looking at for next year. Ouch.

Also, the Raptors aren't going to have cap space to fill those spots this offseason.

No joke, management needs to address that situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X