No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Likely no trade or a minor deal will get done.

Ersan will command the same money as Pat next yr so I don't want him.
    I am interested in Roco. Last yr he played well, 73% of the time at pf. He can guard multiple positions. Carroll played pf 1-4% in ATL. Obviously they have millsap. If there's a way to do a trade with these two we'd save like $13m+. Philly wouldnt do it straight up but weve got opposing log jams. 3/4 tweener in Roco, 4/5 tweener in noel. I also like holmes.

Carroll + delon + 1st for noel + roco.

Comment

• Roco is 25 too.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
        But if they do sign those extensions, they could still be traded after right? And likely get more return since the're under contract for longer.
        Usually the motivation that comes to trading All-Stars/Superstars is that free agency is coming and your franchise will lose them for nothing. Like with Kevin Love in 2014.

Comment

• OakTree wrote: View Post
          I don't see that JV is the difference maker in any Eastern Conference series.
          Wait, what? Did your cable get cut during the first two rounds last spring?

And he's nearly averaging a double-double and playing 30 mpg vs. Cleveland this year. Not sure the coaching staff agrees with you that he's unnecessary vs. the Cavs.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I just don't see a realistic mid-season trade that definitely makes this roster better. Unless something comes up that blows all our minds, Ujiri's going to ride this out.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Wait, what? Did your cable get cut during the first two rounds last spring?

And he's nearly averaging a double-double and playing 30 mpg vs. Cleveland this year. Not sure the coaching staff agrees with you that he's unnecessary vs. the Cavs.
              I watched a player that can barely catch a basketball fill in for JV last year. What were you watching?

JV is -31 against the Cavs this year. He may get double doubles, but the team gets beat when he's on the floor.

Comment

• Jv played great in the playoffs. However, Turner was a rookie, mahinmi is mahinmi. Whiteside legs were toast trying to get his money. Jv can hold his own vs whiteside 1-1 regardless. He hasn't looked good vs cavs this yr. First thought isn't jv has to go now, it's we need help vs cavs and certain players are more expendable. Again, Masai will wait til summer but it's fun to talk (mostly).

Comment

I watched a player that can barely catch a basketball fill in for JV last year. What were you watching?

JV is -31 against the Cavs this year. He may get double doubles, but the team gets beat when he's on the floor.
                  Quit making shit up. Biyombo was playing 10-20 mpg in the playoffs before JV's injury, JV was playing 20-40 minutes.

Cumulative +/-, nice way to inflate a stat to throw against per game numbers to strengthen your argument.

Per game JV's a -10, obviously not good but all the starters are in the minus vs. Cleveland this year. Still counters the "they don't need him against the Cavs" argument, I think. Saying he hasn't been good enough is different than saying he hasn't been needed. Literally if they don't need him they won't play him, Casey has no problem with limiting JV to backup-C usage in any given game.

Comment

Considering the situation the Raps are in, $16 million is a lot to pay someone that can't play against the Cavs.

Also, there's a good chance we're going to lose Patterson this offseason because of lack of cap space.

So, the deal would actually be JV for Powell + cap space, which in effect would be JV for Powell + Patterson. Which is a good deal.
                    You should be able to get better than Powell for JV. I agree with everything else you've said regarding JV.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                      Jv played great in the playoffs. However, Turner was a rookie, mahinmi is mahinmi. Whiteside legs were toast trying to get his money. Jv can hold his own vs whiteside 1-1 regardless. He hasn't looked good vs cavs this yr. First thought isn't jv has to go now, it's we need help vs cavs and certain players are more expendable. Again, Masai will wait til summer but it's fun to talk (mostly).
                      Fair enough, but I still think there's potential in playing to your strengths with post size that the Raptors could take advantage of more often than they do. We need to remember JV is only 24. He's actually younger than Bebe. People are getting impatient too early. JV will and needs to continue to keep developing to the point where he can reliably take an undersized defender like Tristan Thompson or an overmatched defender like Kevin Love to school in the post for 20+ ppg.

They're still "underutilizing" JV because he's a big part of the future-proofing of this roster. Lowry and DD are in their primes right now and eating up the usage, which they should be. JV will be hitting his prime when Lowry's well into his decline and DD's at the tail end of his prime. Ujiri has his talent spread out along a really nice distribution of player ages, and you'd think it's 100% intentional. The franchise is building sustainability, midseason impatience is the opposite of what they're doing. I've said this before but this season started out with calls to dump Ross, Carroll, and Patterson in this forum. Those calls all went silent as soon as those guys started hitting shots. The calls to dump JV cranked up after he rolled his ankle and had a string of underwhelming games. It's all too reactionary, I don't miss the Colangelo school of management at all.

Comment

Quit making shit up. Biyombo was playing 10-20 mpg in the playoffs before JV's injury, JV was playing 20-40 minutes.

Cumulative +/-, nice way to inflate a stat to throw against per game numbers to strengthen your argument.

Per game JV's a -10, obviously not good but all the starters are in the minus vs. Cleveland this year. Still counters the "they don't need him against the Cavs" argument, I think. Saying he hasn't been good enough is different than saying he hasn't been needed. Literally if they don't need him they won't play him, Casey has no problem with limiting JV to backup-C usage in any given game.
                        -31 with JV on the floor means they were +20 with him on the bench.

Yeah, obviously not good. Very obvious.

Comment

I don't see how trading a situational big body like JV for a versatile plus defender at both big positions like Powell reduces talent or fit.

Powell can consistently play 30+ minutes because of his versatility. JV cannot.

Trading apparent value for actual value is exactly how good deals are made.
                          He says, of a player who has eclipsed the 30 minute mark in literally two games his entire career, once this year on a ravaged Mavs team where he plays both frontcourt positions.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JV for Powell is probably just as bad as JV for Motiejunas lol.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              He says, of a player who has eclipsed the 30 minute mark in literally two games his entire career, once this year on a ravaged Mavs team where he plays both frontcourt positions.
                              You're confusing has not with can not.

Also, Powell has put up really nice defensive numbers on a bad defensive team this year.

Comment

Fair enough, but I still think there's potential in playing to your strengths with post size that the Raptors could take advantage of more often than they do. We need to remember JV is only 24. He's actually younger than Bebe. People are getting impatient too early. JV will and needs to continue to keep developing to the point where he can reliably take an undersized defender like Tristan Thompson or an overmatched defender like Kevin Love to school in the post for 20+ ppg.

They're still "underutilizing" JV because he's a big part of the future-proofing of this roster. Lowry and DD are in their primes right now and eating up the usage, which they should be. JV will be hitting his prime when Lowry's well into his decline and DD's at the tail end of his prime. Ujiri has his talent spread out along a really nice distribution of player ages, and you'd think it's 100% intentional. The franchise is building sustainability, midseason impatience is the opposite of what they're doing. I've said this before but this season started out with calls to dump Ross, Carroll, and Patterson in this forum. Those calls all went silent as soon as those guys started hitting shots. The calls to dump JV cranked up after he rolled his ankle and had a string of underwhelming games. It's all too reactionary, I don't miss the Colangelo school of management at all.
                                Yes, jv is 24 but we've been bitching for years that he's under utilized. I can't count the number of times hes wide open or has a mismatched pinned with an open passing lane and our guards instead choose to swing the ball around the perimeter to a guard/wing that is covered. Every game, multiple times. Jv screams his head off for the ball.
                                We've also bitched about his defense for years. I'd like a good defensive center behind DD and jv to be more of a focus with good perimeter defenders in the 2nd unit.
                                I see your argument but the way the league is going I have no desire to build around jv. Maybe if they completely redeveloped him into what he was at the draft 5 yrs ago but that's such a failure for 5 yrs then.
                                I just proposed a Carroll trade like 20mins ago. All along I've said Lowry and dd are untouchable. I've even discussed trading Lowry. It's just talk. If we want to talk closer to truth then we need a BWB thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X