Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And before anyone says "he'll just catch lobs! What's the harm?"

Well, does he want to do that? This is a guy made a glass who's complaining about minutes after playing in just 2 games this season. Does he want to be a "garbage" big man when he has the opportunity to get paid big?

Probably not..

Comment

• Nikola Mirotic is possibly available. He just got two straight DNP-CD's. He's an expiring contract (RFA). Only making about $5M.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
        Yeah we're winning so that's exactly why you shouldn't try fitting Noel here while potentially messing up chemistry, either on or off the court. Look at the Pacers in 2014 with Evan Turner. It's just not worth it.
        If the price is Delon + Bebe for Noel. Its worth it. That works contract wise as well.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Nikola Mirotic is possibly available. He just got two straight DNP-CD's. He's an expiring contract (RFA). Only making about $5M.
          We used to get angry PPat about consistency, Niko is even worse, his shooting has fallen of the cliff (or he just leveled to CHI average), but if Sully doesn't pan out, we might swap Sullinger adding 2nd rounder to assure we have plan B if PPat is lost in FA.
          Also DNP-CD's were caused by missing practice.

Comment

• RDV wrote: View Post
            Interesting comments but Norman Powell isn't complaining and his situation is almost the same. It makes Noel a little less desirable in my eyes despite the growing possibility of getting him cheaper than could be expected.
            well theres also the difference of being picked 6th in the draft to 46 in the second round. one would expect much more minutes than the other.

Comment

• I've said this before but I keep hearing the same thing come up. In an article by E Koreen the other day. On the radio with James Herbert. "We may be targeting a certain free agent but we can't compete with the riches the Celtics can offer". But we are looking for a PF and the Celtics are looking for every position except for that (and maybe PG). I don't think whatever guy we are looking for would play alongside Horford. That should take them out of the bidding. Am I wrong?

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                If the price is Delon + Bebe for Noel. Its worth it. That works contract wise as well.

And it's not like you need either of them having another backups at PG and C. Shame Delon would be never able to showcase any of his abilities in Raptors uniform, but if Noel price is Crabbe that is same level offer.

Comment

And before anyone says "he'll just catch lobs! What's the harm?"

Well, does he want to do that? This is a guy made a glass who's complaining about minutes after playing in just 2 games this season. Does he want to be a "garbage" big man when he has the opportunity to get paid big?

Probably not..
                  He absolutely wants guys to throw him lobs and not be asked to create his own defense. Again, you clearly have not watched him play, he's very aggressive at attacking the rim and finishes.

He played more games than jv last two seasons. Games missed this yr is about forcing a trade, not injury. This has been discussed here.

Comment

• Majesiu wrote: View Post
                    And it's not like you need either of them having another backups at PG and C. Shame Delon would be never able to showcase any of his abilities in Raptors uniform, but if Noel price is Crabbe that is same level offer.
                    He needs out ASAP. Crabbe can't move for a month and has veto. Contract is huge and play has been meh this yr.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Cause you want to see a lot of Jakob Poeltl? Cause you're only getting Noel when he's healthy which is about once every three years...

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        I've said this before but I keep hearing the same thing come up. In an article by E Koreen the other day. On the radio with James Herbert. "We may be targeting a certain free agent but we can't compete with the riches the Celtics can offer". But we are looking for a PF and the Celtics are looking for every position except for that (and maybe PG). I don't think whatever guy we are looking for would play alongside Horford. That should take them out of the bidding. Am I wrong?
                        For which player?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          Cause you want to see a lot of Jakob Poeltl? Cause you're only getting Noel when he's healthy which is about once every three years...
                          Oh

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            I've said this before but I keep hearing the same thing come up. In an article by E Koreen the other day. On the radio with James Herbert. "We may be targeting a certain free agent but we can't compete with the riches the Celtics can offer". But we are looking for a PF and the Celtics are looking for every position except for that (and maybe PG). I don't think whatever guy we are looking for would play alongside Horford. That should take them out of the bidding. Am I wrong?
                            I guess they were talking about Paul Georde/Boogie caliber of player. Still having as many picks (mid-end 1st rounders in case of Boston own) certainly eases the burden of trading them.

Comment

Yeah we're winning so that's exactly why you shouldn't try fitting Noel here while potentially messing up chemistry, either on or off the court. Look at the Pacers in 2014 with Evan Turner. It's just not worth it.
                              We got Lowry on discount as a head case that wanted a trade out of a log jam so he could compete to start. That worked out and we traded Calderon for what we thought was a star in gay.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                                We got Lowry on discount as a head case that wanted a trade out of a log jam so he could compete to start. That worked out and we traded Calderon for what we thought was a star in gay.
                                Because we're in exactly the same situation as we were in 2012. Yeah definitely
                                Last edited by tDotted; Sun Dec 18, 2016, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X