X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Wouldn't hold my breath.

[IMG] [/IMG]
    Weren't you quoting Mark Twain to me on this issue earlier today or was that someone else?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
      Weren't you quoting Mark Twain to me on this issue earlier today or was that someone else?
      Someone else, I write my own material.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Wouldn't hold my breath.

[IMG] [/IMG]
        Wouldn't be surprised if the league makes a rule change to encourage shots from 2 point range soon.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
          Wouldn't be surprised if the league makes a rule change to encourage shots from 2 point range soon.
          Only thing that could help is allowing perimeter D to be more physical again

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
            To me, the issue with presenting a JV trade is that it is early in the season and any team that would want him likely would be changing styles a bit. Essentially, no team plays an inside out game without a dominate big man and not team with a dominant big man is trying to trade for JV. I dont think I will come up with good trades, but I think JV would look good on the Wiz, Mavs, Spurs, Hawks, any team with shooters.

Maybe: Howard + Sefolosha for JV + Ross (with pick swap?) - Danger in PnR and in post ups, with Atlanta shooters getting open on doubles
            Porter Jr + Wiz 1st + filler for JV - Wall/JV PnR would be scary, with Beal and free agent shooters spreading the floor on post ups

Not sure its fair to ask any of us what the market for a player is, but if you are saying that JV is a useless scrub, I disagree. Replace Howard and JV on Atlanta and thats a good example of how JV should (imo) fit in the league. PG good at the PnR, with shooters everywhere for JV post ups (though admittedly JV still needs to become a better passer here)
            Hey Doge, thx for your response. Sorry you feel that way. I don't think jv is a useless scrub at all. It's just a hypothetical and I'm 99℅ confident that jv is not going anywhere, not that my opinion has any bearing on Masai's decision making either way.
            I've talked about trading norm and Kyle too. They're my favorite players and I value them a lot.
            I appreciate that you considered this and offered some suggestions. IF, for whatever reason (say boogie), we needed to trade jv than I wonder what his market would be. That's all.
            Let us know in the draft thread if you get to see fultz in action. Saul Goodman

Comment

Someone else, I write my own material.
              It was demographic shift, sorry.

Comment

Hey Doge, thx for your response. Sorry you feel that way. I don't think jv is a useless scrub at all. It's just a hypothetical and I'm 99℅ confident that jv is not going anywhere, not that my opinion has any bearing on Masai's decision making either way.
                I've talked about trading norm and Kyle too. They're my favorite players and I value them a lot.
                I appreciate that you considered this and offered some suggestions. IF, for whatever reason (say boogie), we needed to trade jv than I wonder what his market would be. That's all.
                Let us know in the draft thread if you get to see fultz in action. Saul Goodman
                Lol wasn't trying to come off in any way which could inhibit discussion in anyway, cause I like your post and think it deserves more talk than it has been getting. Personally I think JV is better in the modern NBA than someone like Vooch or Monroe cause he is a better offensive rebounder and and plays with more hustle (totally subjective). We saw JV be arguably the most productive player in a playoff series win (against indy) and I don't think the other two could be as effective. I obviously have a bit of a bias towards JV though. I would say the rest of the league views him as a slow footed center who doesn't fit well in the NBA, which is why a deal is not likely to be done.

As an aside, I think the Raps are a team perfectly set up for a trade, with so many good guards they cant all see the court, a plethora of talented young players and picks. I wouldn't be worried about giving up "too much" in a trade. For example if for whatever reason you think Noel is the missing link to getting to the championship even though he won't play much normally and isn't worth Ross + a pick I say go for it, cause if it isn't Noel sitting on the bench its Powell

Comment

• Happy to hear it doge.
                  No I don't think noel is the missing link but I'm a cheapskate so I love a good bargain. I wouldn't trade Ross now but if could see into the future and know he's old Ross in the playoffs than id trade that guy for anything. I'd trade

Carroll + Cory + bebe
                  For roco + noel + vonleh
                  Philly gets Cavs 2018 1st
                  Blazers get bebe

I don't know if Carroll is hurt or washed up?Cory only has 1+ years. The deal saves us $14m. Roco is a better player in his career at pf and vs Carroll at pf. I see him like a pat clone that can play 3/4. He just needs lower usage so he can just spot up on 3s. We'd have a lot more fluidity in the rotation that would get Ross, norm and delon mins and relieve some pressure from pat. Imagine our D if pat gets hurt!? I think vonleh has some potential on the 905 to grow into a useful 4/5.

BC is too arrogant and Masai is too risk averse to do this deal tho.

Comment

Happy to hear it doge.
                    No I don't think noel is the missing link but I'm a cheapskate so I love a good bargain. I wouldn't trade Ross now but if could see into the future and know he's old Ross in the playoffs than id trade that guy for anything. I'd trade

Carroll + Cory + bebe
                    For roco + noel + vonleh
                    Philly gets Cavs 2018 1st
                    Blazers get bebe

I don't know if Carroll is hurt or washed up?Cory only has 1+ years. The deal saves us $14m. Roco is a better player in his career at pf and vs Carroll at pf. I see him like a pat clone that can play 3/4. He just needs lower usage so he can just spot up on 3s. We'd have a lot more fluidity in the rotation that would get Ross, norm and delon mins and relieve some pressure from pat. Imagine our D if pat gets hurt!? I think vonleh has some potential on the 905 to grow into a useful 4/5.

BC is too arrogant and Masai is too risk averse to do this deal tho.
                    and then lowry plays 42 minutes a game and gets hurt.

seriously, as much as cory joseph has struggled this year and isn't really a pass-first PG, you don't want to see what happens when your secondary PG is a d-league player.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                      and then lowry plays 42 minutes a game and gets hurt.

seriously, as much as cory joseph has struggled this year and isn't really a pass-first PG, you don't want to see what happens when your secondary PG is a d-league player.
                      I think cory struggled a bit the first month but he's playing well now. Yes, his PG skills are likely not appealing to Philly with Simmons.
                      I'm not saying do the deal this instant. Delon is coming back. Thats what we drafted him for. I'm totally fine with delon and fvv. I think norm can handle and so can DD. We'd be fine imo. I think you're exaggerating that Lowry would play 40+ mins. We can afford to drop a few games while things get adjusted. It's about the playoffs and roster balance.

Comment

I think cory struggled a bit the first month but he's playing well now. Yes, his PG skills are likely not appealing to Philly with Simmons.
                        I'm not saying do the deal this instant. Delon is coming back. Thats what we drafted him for. I'm totally fine with delon and fvv. I think norm can handle and so can DD. We'd be fine imo. I think you're exaggerating that Lowry would play 40+ mins. We can afford to drop a few games while things get adjusted. It's about the playoffs and roster balance.
                        for me i'm only trading joseph for a major upgrade to another position, which this proposal is not in any sense.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                          for me i'm only trading joseph for a major upgrade to another position, which this proposal is not in any sense.
                          I think you're overvaluing him and ignoring that that we have a logjam and a weak front court.
                          What's this major deal? Millsap? We've waited more time for that deal than cory has left on guaranteed contract. His value is peak now and it makes more sense to gain a year of delon at 2m than pay Cory 12+m. We'd still have plenty of movable assets for this big deal. No problem. Cory is not the deal breaker in that scenario. Trading jv or noel has way more value than cory.

Comment

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ye0TePIJuq0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PNzAxvqNAqs

Lmao boogie

Comment

• I wouldn't exactly be thrilled to go into the playoffs depending on Delon Wright, Robert Covington and Noel. Cory and DeMarre may not have had the best performances overall but they've at least been there before. Norm I trust, Bebe - not quite yet.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                                I wouldn't exactly be thrilled to go into the playoffs depending on Delon Wright, Robert Covington and Noel. Cory and DeMarre may not have had the best performances overall but they've at least been there before. Norm I trust, Bebe - not quite yet.
                                That's fair, I agree, mostly.
                                I'm looking at little more long term as two moves away. It seems the hand in glove Millsap deal is not gonna happen. Not sure it's enough to beat cavs with Millsap but a tight 7 game series is fun.
                                I'm thinking more that if DC is lost a step better to get out now and get roco at 25, where he can play the 4 more. I'd trust noel over bebe and I think he's a better and more useful player. Most of our guys have been to the ecf once so if noel and roco play this year than they're on par with where we are at now.
                                Hopefully in the summer a bigger piece shakes free at the draft and we have two picks and players to make that move. Never can tell. We'd save most of the money to resign noel and go over on Kyle and Pat anyway. Caps going up.
                                Anyway, one small step for now, balance the roster and hopefully improve our trade outlook if the big move comes to market.

Comment

Working...
                                X