No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm more and more not so sure noel is a clear upgrade on bebe, and then when you add character as (a rather important) category, I think Bebe leaps ahead. How long until noel is pissed off here? It took 2 games back in Philly..he seems to thonk he's the 2nd coming of mutombo with offense or something, I'm a lottery pick so gift wrap me minutes. Bebe on the other hand, smiles, dances, says the right things and never complains, then when his numbers called he puts his game face on and protects the paint.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I'm more and more not so sure noel is a clear upgrade on bebe, and then when you add character as (a rather important) category, I think Bebe leaps ahead. How long until noel is pissed off here? It took 2 games back in Philly..he seems to thonk he's the 2nd coming of mutombo with offense or something, I'm a lottery pick so gift wrap me minutes. Bebe on the other hand, smiles, dances, says the right things and never complains, then when his numbers called he puts his game face on and protects the paint.
      Wondering the same thing myself. SSS, playing vs bench, etc, but everything from NET RTG, WS, RPM, BPM considers his numbers as fantastic. I was thinking it's because he doesn't have to play with Pascal. Per Bbref he's +22.1 per 100 in the 310 minutes with PPat, but he has played 47 min with Pascal and they're +40 per 100.

Bebe doesn't look that dominant and I know he isn't, but he certainly must be having more of a positive impact than we give him credit for.
      Last edited by 3inthekeon; Wed Dec 21, 2016, 02:59 PM.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Can someone teach me how to post a GIF? Say maybe the one where a guy is beating a dead horse.
        Thanks,

Edit

https://media4.giphy.com/media/P9fgikwHSuDdK/giphy.gif
        Last edited by Rudy Bargnani; Wed Dec 21, 2016, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
          Can someone teach me how to post a GIF? Say maybe the one where a guy is beating a dead horse.
          Thanks,
          I was thinking more along the lines of

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
            That's fair, I agree, mostly.
            I'm looking at little more long term as two moves away. It seems the hand in glove Millsap deal is not gonna happen. Not sure it's enough to beat cavs with Millsap but a tight 7 game series is fun.
            I'm thinking more that if DC is lost a step better to get out now and get roco at 25, where he can play the 4 more. I'd trust noel over bebe and I think he's a better and more useful player. Most of our guys have been to the ecf once so if noel and roco play this year than they're on par with where we are at now.
            Hopefully in the summer a bigger piece shakes free at the draft and we have two picks and players to make that move. Never can tell. We'd save most of the money to resign noel and go over on Kyle and Pat anyway. Caps going up.
            Anyway, one small step for now, balance the roster and hopefully improve our trade outlook if the big move comes to market.
            I think Carroll is just getting his step back. He's had a series of nagging injuries he made some veiled comments about last year but otherwise doesn't talk about. They're keeping him out of back-to-backs for a reason. They need what he can do at the SF position.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Wondering the same thing myself. SSS, playing vs bench, etc, but everything from NET RTG, WS, RPM, BPM considers his numbers as fantastic. I was thinking it's because he doesn't have to play with Pascal. Per Bbref he's +22.1 per 100 in the 310 minutes with PPat, but he has played 47 min with Pascal and they're +40 per 100.

Bebe doesn't look that dominant and I know he isn't, but he certainly must be having more of a positive impact than we give him credit for.
              Absolutely. BeBe doesn't project as a starter, but his play as a backup, in terms of fit and results with the lineups he is in, is basically as good as it is possible to get. So as I was saying further up, the only upside to a Noel trade is if you plan to start him, so any move for Noel would only make sense if you are getting rid of JV. Which is a swap I am not a fan of. But the point is there's no real upside to trading for Noel as a backup C - we're basically maxing out the possible backup C contributions over the past couple seasons with Biz and BeBe fitting into that lineup pretty seamlessly (I think BeBe is actually a much better fit being a roll threat that allows Lowry to have options offensively).
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                for me i'm only trading joseph for a major upgrade to another position, which this proposal is not in any sense.
                Yeah I'm not too attached to Cojo but hes a guy who turns it on in the playoffs, which makes his value kinda difficult to capture imo.

Comment

• I don't think it's beating a dead horse or groundhog day when there are persistent rumours for 6 months. This thread is imo supposed to be about trade rumours attached to the raps. If you don't like noel than don't read the comments.
                  The arguments for bebe are good ones, especially considering the $.
                  In terms of character, yes, there are some maturity issues, he has been a prima Dona for years of #1 HS recruit. I think if you look at the standing ovation he got from sixers fans and his post game interview and the high praise he gets from teammates than it demonstrates to me a guy that can grow from his age in a good environment. Nobody has lost more games or had the epic management failure that he's suffered. There's upwards of $80m at stake.
                  Jv vs noel potential fit on our team is worth talking about imo.

http://www.nba.com/sixers/video/team...122016-1053890

Imo he wants to play in a good position to contribute and show his skills. I still think a deal is highly unlikely.
                  If millsap comes on market than I'm happy to talk about it and sends assets there.

Comment

• At this point you could give me Boogie and I'd tell you to hoop your head
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                      Yeah I'm not too attached to Cojo but hes a guy who turns it on in the playoffs, which makes his value kinda difficult to capture imo.
                      This year his BPM is -.3 and vorp is .2
                      His playoffs last year is 0 and .2.

Comment

• Talentwise Noel is a clear upgrade over Bebe but yeah his personality is definite concern. I would think strong vets like Lowry n Carroll should able to manage him though.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                          At this point you could give me Boogie and I'd tell you to hoop your head
                          I don't actually know what that means...

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            I don't actually know what that means...
                            I think he wants you to put your head up your own (or, since that's physically impossible, someone elses) derriere. Which may or may not also be physically impossible, I've neither tried it or witnessed it being performed.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                              This year his BPM is -.3 and vorp is .2
                              His playoffs last year is 0 and .2.
                              Cojo's playoffs WS & WS/48 was 4th best on the team.

And JV's playoff BPM was 4.0 (best on team) and vorp was .5 (2nd best).

DD's playoff vorp was a team worst -0.3

Cherrypicking stats is fun.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                I think he wants you to put your head up your own (or, since that's physically impossible, someone elses) derriere. Which may or may not also be physically impossible, I've neither tried it or witnessed it being performed.
                                lmao I was too focused on trying to figure it out in a basketball context, but I guess that's not the hoop in question

Comment

Working...
                                X