Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lewro wrote: View Post
    Yeah, i think if it happens it's at the draft, likely with Boston. That way the prospects are fresh in the minds of the fans and they'll be excited about two great picks and some complimentary players like smart or jaylen, etc. Little do they know vlade is gonna draft Papa John's 2.0
    Don't discount Phoenix as a destination if the speculation somehow actually turns real. They have much better "right now" players who are young and they too have picks. They have Bledsoe...Knight...Chriss....Bender..Len ...or possibly Booker if they panic...that they can offer along with draft picks. Of course not all of them go but it's a better bill of materials than Smart..Olynyk...Rozier...Brown...Bradley.

There is also a chance that the Whiz try to bring him to play with Wall ...Whiz have Beal and Otto Porter and picks.

The world could turn upside down as the Kings try package up their picks ..and young players to bring Wall to Sacto ....

Endless degree of permutations
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Dec 24, 2016, 02:29 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Philly is in a corner because teams know they won't pay Noel because of their existing C situation. The Raptors would be in the same situation, the details would be different but the result is the same. There's no way the Raps would want to be paying both Noel and JV. And everyone knows it.
      This (IMO) is the best argument against trading for Noel.
      But, would it make sense to trade Bebe/Wright or ?? for Noel now, hope he plays solid then flip him (at trade deadline) with another asset into a better 4?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        You need to stop comparing things like playing on team USA to playing for an NBA team. It's really far from being the same thing that it doesn't make any kind of point to bring it up.
        Raptors & Kings have 1 thing in common: both are NBA teams. That's about it.
        Point that Chr1s1anL is making (I think) is that our mix of solid players (we are are a top 4-7 team in NBA), goods mix of veterans, stable coaching & management staff just might be environment in which Cousins would "behave".
        I'm not as concerned that his behavior would be as much of an issue.
        Is he a good fit? Not sure/convinced about that.
        Can't argue that with his inside & outside game (& size to match) COULD be a nightmare match-up for Cavs.
        In the end I guess cost to acquire him might be biggest issue.

Comment

• David Aldridge offers 4 trade scenarios for Nerlens Noel.

NERLENS SCENARIO 3

Noel + SF Robert Covington to Toronto for SF Terrence Ross and 2017 first-round pick (LA*Clippers)

Toronto has not replaced the shot-blocking prowess of Bismack Biyombo, who excelled in the playoffs last season against Cleveland but got $72 million from Orlando in the summer. Noel does many of the same things Biz does, and makes a ton less money. The Raps love Jared Sullinger but his stuck-on-the-floor-game isn’t going to alter the sorties of LeBron or Tristan Thompson if Toronto sees Cleveland again in the conference finals. Meanwhile, the bottom has fallen out of Covington’s stroke this season -- he’s shooting 29.5 percent behind the arc. But that’s following two years of a much more robust 36.3 percent combined on 3s; he’d help Toronto play small when it wanted or needed to in the playoffs. And: Colangelo just happens to be the GM that drafted Ross eighth overall in 2012 when he was in Toronto -- and gave him a $31 million extension in 2015. Stuck behind DeMarre Carroll in the 416, Ross could get additional opportunities (he’s firing at 43 percent on 3s) in Philly. The Raptors also have no need for another guaranteed contract on their books two years from now, especially a likely late first coming from the Clips; the Sixers can always find something to do with it.

http://www.nba.com/article/2016/12/2..._tw_sf48327135

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
            Also as aside I see the vast majority of people throwing Delon Wright's name in as the trade bait more than Corey and I really think that just reflects on how poor of a job I think Casey has done to this point in getting Wright incorporated into our team. This was our higher pick and flame away --- but I 100% believe if given the PT, Delon would prove to be the BETTER back up over CoJo.

Delon simply has not been given the time to showcase his talents.

Whats crazy to me is Delon was given the Bruno treatment and in spite of that, when we needed to rest Kyle at the end of the season, stepped in and looked like the lead back up quite easily. It was like he played the entire season as first PG off the bench and yet he was thrown in and stepped up -- looked much better than Corey imo. He was having 16-18ppg and probably 5-6 rebs and assists, he looked legit in those games. That's what is a trip to me because imagine how good he may look if he was in fact the first guy off the bench at PG...

Wright was like Denzel Valentine in college, except where Valentine excelled at the 3ball, Delon was elite on defence. Delon was considered one of the top defenders in the country and from what I recall was even supposed to be ahead of Powell as one in college. Corey is very solid but think of adding a PG that is almost Powell like in defence that is 6 foot 5 but has a similar feel for the game like Valentine. That's what we have...but we don't play him. I could imagine if he got consistent minutes as the back up and what it would do for his confidence and comfort on the floor. He already looked that solid when he stepped in at the end of season....if got those minutes, again that's where I think we would see he is the better back up. Not sure how quickly he will get back in form after the injury but he is also young and learning like Norm, I think Delon would really surprise people here how good he is if he was actually given the chance.
            obviously cojo was going to be the backup pg last year. he ended up being one of the best players last season. what coach would have put delon wright ahead as the main backup of a near-contending team?

and in what fucking world was delon wright putting up 16 points per game and 'probably 5-6 rebs and assists' ???? those are kyle lowry-esque numbers. taking per 36 stats when you only play EIGHT MINUTES A GAME and ONLY in 27 games makes no sense.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              David Aldridge offers 4 trade scenarios for Nerlens Noel.

NERLENS SCENARIO 3

Noel + SF Robert Covington to Toronto for SF Terrence Ross and 2017 first-round pick (LA*Clippers)

Toronto has not replaced the shot-blocking prowess of Bismack Biyombo, who excelled in the playoffs last season against Cleveland but got $72 million from Orlando in the summer. Noel does many of the same things Biz does, and makes a ton less money. The Raps love Jared Sullinger but his stuck-on-the-floor-game isn’t going to alter the sorties of LeBron or Tristan Thompson if Toronto sees Cleveland again in the conference finals. Meanwhile, the bottom has fallen out of Covington’s stroke this season -- he’s shooting 29.5 percent behind the arc. But that’s following two years of a much more robust 36.3 percent combined on 3s; he’d help Toronto play small when it wanted or needed to in the playoffs. And: Colangelo just happens to be the GM that drafted Ross eighth overall in 2012 when he was in Toronto -- and gave him a $31 million extension in 2015. Stuck behind DeMarre Carroll in the 416, Ross could get additional opportunities (he’s firing at 43 percent on 3s) in Philly. The Raptors also have no need for another guaranteed contract on their books two years from now, especially a likely late first coming from the Clips; the Sixers can always find something to do with it.

http://www.nba.com/article/2016/12/2..._tw_sf48327135

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              David Aldridge bless his heart doesn't really follow in depth too many teams outside of his preferred few .. especially the Raps.
              To say that Bryan Colangelo gave Ross his 3 year deal in 2015 is beyond sloppy.
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Dec 26, 2016, 03:42 PM.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• David Aldridge - "Toronto has not replaced the shot-blocking prowess of Bismack Biyombo"

Lmao Bebe is one of 8 players to average 1 steal/game and 1 block/game while playing significantly less minutes per game than the rest of the guys.

Comment

• How did that Colangelo/Ross extension line get written by Aldridge and then make it past editing? I actually cringed reading that.

Comment

• David Alridge should maybe re-read his articles before making them public. Or maybe he shouldn't write about things he clearly has no idea about

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• The other trade proposals in the Aldridge article are pretty bad. Seems like cojo + 1st is still better or at least comparable imo.

Fyi noel had 3 steals in 10 mins last game 4/36 so far in SSS.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                        The other trade proposals in the Aldridge article are pretty bad. Seems like cojo + 1st is still better or at least comparable imo.

Fyi noel had 3 steals in 10 mins last game 4/36 so far in SSS.
                        Yeah im going to give up on him, still think he could be the best defender in the NBA one day, still young and hasn't been on an actual NBA team. I kinda hope he ends up in Portland if not the Raps myself.

Comment

• Sparked by discussion in Norman thread, maybe it's time to test waters for our backup PG, surely we'd have to wait until Delon is healthy (probably 2 more weeks), but when he returns finding the deal shouldn't be a problem, as market is full of buyers due to close playoff race. Other question is who'd rather have as backup PG for the future, Delon is only year younger than CoJo, but seems to have higher upside and we control his destiny for foreseeable future.

Bulls definitely need the change at PG, both Wade and Butler play better without Ball-hogging locker room cancer Rondo, whom unloading should be big benefit of the team. Problem is that everyone around the league knows that and any contending team doesn't want to hear about having him on the team, so that leaves us to bottom feeders with salary cap that do it for 2nd rounder.
                          TOR: Cory Joseph to CHI, 2017 2nd round pick to BKN, 2019 2nd round pick to CHI
                          CHI: Rajon Rondo to BKN, Taj Gibson to TOR
                          BKN: just waving there
                          Chicago may say no, but Gibson is expiring, and they have to make decision to keep either him or Mirotic, (or both while staying with the same core). They already have 2 picks next summer (SAC and their own pick) so they won't value our late picks as much.

Other interesting team is Denver, that might consider upgrading from Jameer Nelson if they want to strengthen the push for the 8th in the West. But finding trade that would entertain is much harder, because they shortened rotation to 9 players, having Chandler and Gallinari (who are our best targets there) playing heavy minutes. Surely other picks and players need to be attached to lure out one of them to TOR, but that doesn't coincide with their motivation for the trade, which is push for the playoffs.

Comment

• Could see Orlando having interest in cojo and they have a couple guys who could be of interest in Ibaka and Gordon. Would need to send more though.

Comment

• Majesiu wrote: View Post
                              Sparked by discussion in Norman thread, maybe it's time to test waters for our backup PG, surely we'd have to wait until Delon is healthy (probably 2 more weeks), but when he returns finding the deal shouldn't be a problem, as market is full of buyers due to close playoff race. Other question is who'd rather have as backup PG for the future, Delon is only year younger than CoJo, but seems to have higher upside and we control his destiny for foreseeable future.

Bulls definitely need the change at PG, both Wade and Butler play better without Ball-hogging locker room cancer Rondo, whom unloading should be big benefit of the team. Problem is that everyone around the league knows that and any contending team doesn't want to hear about having him on the team, so that leaves us to bottom feeders with salary cap that do it for 2nd rounder.
                              TOR: Cory Joseph to CHI, 2017 2nd round pick to BKN, 2019 2nd round pick to CHI
                              CHI: Rajon Rondo to BKN, Taj Gibson to TOR
                              BKN: just waving there
                              Chicago may say no, but Gibson is expiring, and they have to make decision to keep either him or Mirotic, (or both while staying with the same core). They already have 2 picks next summer (SAC and their own pick) so they won't value our late picks as much.

Other interesting team is Denver, that might consider upgrading from Jameer Nelson if they want to strengthen the push for the 8th in the West. But finding trade that would entertain is much harder, because they shortened rotation to 9 players, having Chandler and Gallinari (who are our best targets there) playing heavy minutes. Surely other picks and players need to be attached to lure out one of them to TOR, but that doesn't coincide with their motivation for the trade, which is push for the playoffs.
                              Chicago only gets the kings pick 11-30.
                              Trade with Denver could be Cory for Barton and Barton to a 3rd team like Orlando or Philly, etc.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                                Could see Orlando having interest in cojo and they have a couple guys who could be of interest in Ibaka and Gordon. Would need to send more though.
                                They need scoring. I think they'd be more interested in Ross. They could use cojo too but they need a bigger push.

Comment

Working...
                                X