Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lupe wrote: View Post
    He didn't physically do anything to him. Shouting at someone because of what they said about your family isn't intimidation. It's defending your own. So because he's a 6'11 black dude he has to just be quiet and accept what the guy is reporting (which is essentially what that bullshit article suggests)? No, doesn't work like that.
    If a 6'11 black dude towers over a 60 year old, 150 lb man, I would be afraid.
    As a matter of fact if any colour 6'11" , 270 lb dude towers over me and shouts, I'd prob shit my pants.

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
      Sorry for my language but what the fucking fuck??? No.
      I gather, you think it is a tad too much?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
        I think you have to assume lowry is back and try to maximize his window by being opportunitic. If Lowry bolts then this team is a shell of itself and .500 with the rest of the conference anyway.
        I'm fine with adding armchair gm thread if that's more palatable.
        If Joseph is traded, then next year Kyle might assume (correctly) that we are desperate (don't really want to start Wright or Fvv) & hold out for max. Would he do it? I would not take a chance.
        Then again, if he keeps playing the way he's played so far, he will demand & earn max anyways. THEN you trade Co Jo if want to save $$$.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
          If Joseph is traded, then next year Kyle might assume (correctly) that we are desperate (don't really want to start Wright or Fvv) & hold out for max. Would he do it? I would not take a chance.
          Then again, if he keeps playing the way he's played so far, he will demand & earn max anyways. THEN you trade Co Jo if want to save $$$.
          I'm good with wright and fvv. If the deal is right than Masai should be opportunistic. I think that shows a commitment to improve lowrys window. We are just as desperate to resign Lowry either way imo. I don't see cojo as a cash dump. He's got value in a deal but I don't want to resign him.

Comment

Trading or not trading Joseph won't make the slightest difference to what we end up paying Kyle.

The bigger issue is whether Delon is even ready for regular minutes. He's played 229 career minutes, or the equivalent of 10 games of backup minutes. Going into the playoffs with essentialy a rookie PG may be disruptive. Fortunately Powell seems like he can handle the rock some, and I'm guessing a few vet PG backups will be available for cheap by the deadline.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Trading or not trading Joseph won't make the slightest difference to what we end up paying Kyle.

The bigger issue is whether Delon is even ready for regular minutes. He's played 229 career minutes, or the equivalent of 10 games of backup minutes. Going into the playoffs with essentialy a rookie PG may be disruptive. Fortunately Powell seems like he can handle the rock some, and I'm guessing a few vet PG backups will be available for cheap by the deadline.
              I was just about to post the same thing re: questioning just how ready Delon is. He was a late first round pick with virtually zero meaningful NBA action under his belt over the last two years. I feel like I'm missing something, or there's some large chunk of game footage for Wright I haven't seen. It's possible that he steps in and gives you something close to Cujo but we have almost nothing to base that on so far.
              Last edited by Fully; Wed Dec 28, 2016, 07:37 PM.

Comment

I gather, you think it is a tad too much?
                I originally thought he was talking about pau for some reason lol

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  We have 3 trade assets, and not one of them is Carroll due to his injuries. Sad to say, but were cursed at the SF position since we let T-Mac walk.

1. Ross - 6th man of the year candidate so far, arguably been effective everywhere & on a good deal. Team would love him as a SG right now.

2. Powell - Same as Ross but better on D & would have to be resigned, making him rather expensive to trade for.

3. CoJo - FVV or Wright can take his place, as could Powell at times with Casey loving the whole CJ at SG lineup (Lowry & Powell play great together as well). He could even be a fringe starter somewhere, say a place like Orlando (Aaron Gordon coming here, perhaps?) or Sac-Town (Going after a depth SF in either Casspi or Garrett Temple along with a pick could be helpful).
                  Two points:

1. Carroll isn't really an "asset" but he's more than acceptable money-movement if necessary. He's shooting .366 on threes, and that after a pretty bad start of the season; he'll most likely end up shooting around .38 by season's end. There are a LOT of teams who need shooting like he provides at his 3/4 combo position: Orlando and Memphis are the most obvious examples but there are plenty of others. And at $14m his contract is eminently moveable and a good value.

2. You're leaving out Jonas as a trade asset, which he most certainly is. He's appreciated around the league as a good player, his contract is a relative bargain, and the simple truth is that he can probably be moved without the Raptors feeling too much pain (especially if the endgame is trading for a different big who fits on the team better): right now his primary role is setting screens, grabbing rebounds and scoring garbage points. He's great at all of that, but you can probably get that for much less money from a veteran big.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

The bigger issue is whether Delon is even ready for regular minutes. He's played 229 career minutes, or the equivalent of 10 games of backup minutes. Going into the playoffs with essentially a rookie PG may be disruptive. Fortunately Powell seems like he can handle the rock some, and I'm guessing a few vet PG backups will be available for cheap by the deadline.
                    I am not convinced. I am a huge fan of Kyle & we should bring him back if possible.
                    If possible (IMO): means he continues to play at at-least 85% as well as he's played this year.
                    Also, a certain level of playoff success.
                    Even then -what kind of money? Demar like? Is he eligible for new "super max" which would massively hamper our ability to sign FAs, trade (see Clippers)?
                    Lets say Masai decides to let him go. We would still be at/near cap & our starting PG -Co Jo or Delon? With Co Jo we would at least be a decent playoff team PATIENTLY WAITING & HOPING that Delon develops into a better PG.

Fully wrote: View Post
                    I was just about to post the same thing re: questioning just how ready Delon is. He was a late first round pick with virtually zero meaningful NBA action under his belt over the last two years. I feel like I'm missing something, or there's some large chunk of game footage for Wright I haven't seen. It's possible that he steps in and gives you something close to Cujo but we have almost nothing to base that on so far.
                    If not sure (whether Delon is ready or not) would it not make more sense to have Joseph to transition?
                    Again, ideally, Kyle plays well, we go back to ECF (or better), Kyle signs for a Demar like money, Delon is ready by next year, then we package Co Jo with another asset to fill another need.
                    In addition, as you implied, would it not make sense to have Joseph as a backup to help in playoff run than unproven Delon?
                    In summary, I would not include CoJo in any deal unless a major player (Ibaka, Millsap, LmA, Favors, PG13 -all 5 my personal preference list) is involved (IMO only first 2 are somewhat possible, last 3 highly unlikely).

Comment

• If Blake Griffin really want to win a ring, he is going to sign with us on a discount.

Comment

• Kyle getting paid doesn't hamper our ability to sign FAs as regardless of what amount we pay him we're not going to have any kind of significant cap space unless we outright let him leave and start moving other players and don't bring back 2Pat.

We already have $87M in guaranteed money on the books. http://www.basketballinsiders.com/to...s-team-salary/ Projected salary cap is $102M last I checked. Lowry's cap hold alone ($18M unless something significant changes in the CBA) puts us over the salary cap. At this point his number is only about avoiding the luxury tax and even that is going to be close to impossible if you sign 2Pat as well.

We aren't free agent players anymore unless we change up the team (not that I really have a problem with that). Need to improve via trade barring some sort of monumental shake up.

@charlesnba23 we can't sign Blake Griffin.

Comment

• We can use our MLE or bi-annual to sign Griffin. Or maybe all he wants is vet minimum.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Is there a scenario where we could actually sign both KLow and Blake Griffin in the offseason?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Is there a scenario where we could actually sign both KLow and Blake Griffin in the offseason?
                              No
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                                If Blake Griffin really want to win a ring, he is going to sign with us on a discount.
                                Yeah I can totally see him throwing away his physical prime to be paid peanuts and lose to LBJ in a conference finals.

We'll balance out the lost money with a shoe endorsement from Peak.

*rolls eyes*

Comment

Working...
                                X