Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lupe wrote: View Post
    My post was a response to the trade above mine that didn't send out much value at all. I'm not saying that Indiana WOULD do that trade. But you'd at least need to move JV and sell Bird on Turner-JV to have any kind of chance of getting a deal done.
    How does one sell Bird on that?

IF there was a deal it would be more like George/Monta for DD, Norm, Poeltl as the basis.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      How does one sell Bird on that?

IF there was a deal it would be more like George/Monta for DD, Norm, Poeltl as the basis.
      No it wouldn't. If you're trading George it's a rebuild. You don't trade for a 27 year old SG on a max contract.

Comment

• This may be time to bring out the time machines again...

Comment

• meductic wrote: View Post
          This may be time to bring out the time machines again...
          Send Paul George back to before he got a chance to be the #1 option in Indy, then send Jonas to an alternate dimension where he's actually athletic? Yeah that could work.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
            No it wouldn't. If you're trading George it's a rebuild. You don't trade for a 27 year old SG on a max contract.
            If it's a rebuild, they could get a much better deal than what you sent them.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Larry would call up Danny Ainge and set the list of demands - all the Nets picks plus all the Celtics own picks plus players like Marcus Smart and Jaylon Brown - and Danny would do it.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I didn't say that was the best deal they could get. I said that's what we would have to offer to have any kind of chance of getting him.

Comment

• George is not going anywhere.. not if he wants his super max extension. It's the same reason why Cousins isn't going anywhere.

Comment

• May as well add Rondo as a guy that will probably get traded. He's again in Hoiberg's dog house. Had a DNP-CD last night.

Not that we need him or anything.. but could get involved in a 3-way deal of some sorts.

Comment

• Story posting soon with @WindhorstESPN: ESPN sources say the Hawks have begun listening to trade offers for free agent-to-be Paul Millsap
                      https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNStein...93410057129984

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

Comment

• It's time. Masai, work your magic and get 'er done.

Comment

• Yessir.

Comment

• Atlanta Hawks power forward Paul Millsap to opt out at end of season to become an unrestricted free agent, league sources told ESPN.
                            This was obviously the catalyst. So the question is, how much do you want to pay for what might only be a rental... While outbidding the other interested parties?

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              This was obviously the catalyst. So the question is, how much do you want to pay for what might only be a rental... While outbidding the other interested parties?
                              Yeah that's the tricky part, however I don't think he'd be tough to re-sign if we wanted him back. I mean barring the Clippers losing Blake or letting him go, he's not really going to land himself on a better team than ours in free agency.

Comment

• I've thought about this trade, and I know people aren't going to like it because it involves moving JV, but bear with me. Combining two rumors with our reported interest in Noel earlier in the season and now Millsap's availability.

To Toronto:
                                Paul Millsap
                                Nerlens Noel
                                Kyle Korver

To Atlanta:
                                Jonas Valanciunas
                                Pascal Siakam

To Philadelphia:
                                Terrence Ross
                                Delon Wright

Leaves us with a playoff rotation that looks like:

PG: Lowry/CoJo
                                SG: DeRozan/Powell
                                SF: Carroll/Korver
                                PF: Millsap/Patterson
                                C: Noel/Sullinger

Still keeps our picks and a few of our young assets available for trades (Poeltl, Bebe) down the line. Philly gets a BC pick and a nice point guard prospect to develop. Atlanta gets Jonas (and Siakam) which is a pretty damn good haul for expiring Millsap and Korver, can't see them saying no to that.

For us we go from having just 2Pat at PF to arguably the best PF rotation in the league. Also creates the opportunity for some interesting small ball lineups like going to Patterson-Millsap at the 4-5 or 5-4 in certain situations. And I like the defensive capability of Noel at center sharing minutes with Bebe or Sullinger. Korver replaces Ross' shooting and you get an interesting bit of chemistry with Carroll, Korver and Millsap who are all experienced players, have been to the ECF against Cleveland and played together in Atlanta. DeMar had some good chemistry from Korver from Team USA also, however little that matters.

The main problem I see with this trade is you create a shit ton of variables for the offseason with Korver, Lowry, Millsap and Noel all hitting free agency at the same time. However maybe that's... a good thing. If the playoffs go very poorly you let Lowry, Millsap and Korver go, re-sign Noel. Explore trades for DeRozan and go into a rebuild. All picks still intact.
                                Last edited by Lupe; Sun Jan 1, 2017, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X