No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about Powell+Patterson+LAC first+Purtle?

If that feels like too much, replace patterson with Sully, but I feel like Sully has no value at this point.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Won't just be us interested in him. This is why I think the offers where we just give role players and a late 1st won't work. Other teams can easily do the same, and some might actually be more desperate than us to get Millsap and work into a playoff slot. Didn't Washington move a mid 1st rounder and a couple role players for Morris last year?
      Last edited by Lupe; Sun Jan 1, 2017, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post

Won't just be us interested in him. This is why I think the offers where we just give role players and a late 1st won't work. Other teams can easily do the same, and some might actually be more desperate than us to get Millsap and work into a playoff slot. Didn't Washington move a mid 1st rounder and a couple role players for Morris last year?
        Well, I mean everyone other than Lowry or Demar is a role player and Masai isn't going to trade either of them, so....
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Won't just be us interested in him. This is why I think the offers we're we just give role players and a late 1st won't work. Other teams can easily do the same, and some might actually be more desperate than us to get Millsap and work into a playoff slot. Didn't Washington move a mid 1st rounder and a couple role players for Morris last year?
          First Orlando, now the Nuggets. Shitty teams fucking everything up for us by overbidding.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
            How about Powell+Patterson+LAC first+Purtle?

If that feels like too much, replace patterson with Sully, but I feel like Sully has no value at this point.
            For who? for Millsap? lol that's way too much.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Hawks aren't dealing to the same conference without a premium.
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• is Milsap a top 5 player defensively ?
                Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Ross, Patterson, Delon, Bruno Clips first, Our second next year for Milsap and Thabo
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Not sure why an in-conference trade would be out of the question. Millsap is a free agent at the end of the year, so there's no control over where he ends up long term.

The Hawks have to know that even if they keep Millsap, they're unlikely to advance far into the playoffs, so why not get the best package available.

With a strong draft class, Boston would seem to have the best trade assets should they decide to use them. The Celtics' start to the season indicates they'll make the playoffs, but don't currently have the horses to likely beat the Cavs or Raptors in a playoff series. Also, Horford and Millsap have a history together.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                      is Milsap a top 5 player defensively ?
                      Top 5 overall? Hard to say. At the PF position he definitely is top 5 though. I'd only say Draymond Green is clearly ahead of him at the 4 spot.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                        Hawks aren't dealing to the same conference without a premium.
                        First of all, Millsap is not a guy that would get us past the Cavs, ok.

Second, he's a UFA after this season.

In short, giving up all those good young assets + Patterson for Millsap is just not worth it.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

First of all, Millsap is not a guy that would get us past the Cavs, ok.

Second, he's a UFA after this season.

In short, giving up all those good young assets + Patterson for Millsap is just not worth it.
                          3 time Allstar and 2nd best defensive PF in the league isn't enough to get the team past the Cavs? Okay.

Anyway yes, the Hawks aren't in a position to be picky about what conference the offer is coming from or if it's a premium return. They need to get something for him or else he's without a doubt leaving for nothing.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                            3 time Allstar and 2nd best defensive PF in the league isn't enough to get the team past the Cavs? Okay.

Anyway yes, the Hawks aren't in a position to be picky about what conference the offer is coming from or if it's a premium return. They need to get something for him or else he's without a doubt leaving for nothing.
                            The Cavaliers beat the 73-9 Warriors team 4 times in the NBA Finals last year.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Cavaliers beat the 73-9 Warriors team 4 times in the NBA Finals last year.
                              No kidding.

Raps won 2 games against the Cavs without their starting C or another allstar big.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                                No kidding.

Raps won 2 games against the Cavs without their starting C or another allstar big.
                                Lol.That series was never close and you know it. Stop fooling yourself.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X