X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This also works, salary wise.

Carroll, Sully, Ross, Wright to Hawks
    Millsap, Thabo, Prince (filler) to Raps

Thabo is also a UFA and he replaces Carroll. Raps can toss in Yak or Siakam + picks if necessary.

Raps starting lineup is: Lowry/DD/Thabo/Millsap/JV. Norm is 6th man.

Comment

• Jv, Ross, 2pat, Cory
      for
      Dwight, Millsap, thabo

Comment

• I wonder what it would take to get Serge...ORL can't possibly think he's going to stick around but who knows, maybe they convince him via super max money smh.

lewro wrote: View Post
        Jv, Ross, 2pat, Cory
        for
        Dwight, Millsap, thabo
        I hate Dwight but those 2 would be a damn good fit.

Comment

• A modified version of golden's proposed trade. Also send LAC's 2017 first rounder (and TOR's if needed) to ATL. Works for all 3 teams for the most part imo. The only complications I see are maybe that it's not enough for PHI and, as previously stated in this thread, reliance on Delon Wright as the backup PG.

EDIT: I guess I should explain my inclusion of Noel and Convington to the Raptors, as I know looking through this thread opinion has been divided on both. With a star player like Millsap incoming, I figured there would be even less touches for our current center, JV. As a result, I feel it would be more beneficial to the team as a whole to have a low usage center who can rim run, protect the paint, and be a versatile defender (Noel, Patterson, Millsap, Bebe...imagine the possibilities). As for Covington, he's good insurance for the Demarre Carrol who has been inconsistent this season, obviously not as good a shooter but arguably a better matchup physically for the bigger SF's (like that one Cleveland guy).
          Last edited by GinobilisBaldSpot; Mon Jan 2, 2017, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Re-posting from my twitter:

Re: Millsap. Don't see ATL being interested in JV. From Raps' perspective, I think they give up anything that's not KL, DD, JV.

Raps would want to keep one redundancy - if Ross goes, Powell stays. If Joseph goes, Wright stays. If Poeltl goes, BeBe stays. And so on.

Raps best offers would require quantity of prospects, and they need salaries for matching, so probably need another piece coming back too.

Looking for guys ATL doesn't use (they have 15 signed players, so need to match incoming and outgoing players), Scott and Kelly stand out.

Problem is, Scott's salary difficult to absorb, Kelly can't be traded until February. But that's the obvious path to a trade.

All told, most likely deal in my mind is Millsap, Scott and Kelly for Ross, Sullinger, Poeltl and both 2017 picks, in February.

Hawks get promising wing locked in for three seasons on cheap deal, short term PF filler in Sully, and recent top 10 pick, plus two picks.

--

I'll add that it is possible ATL pushes for more. I seriously doubt Denver ponies up much for Millsap, he'd be a huge flight risk for them. If we can do the deal above, I pull the trigger without hesitation.

If ATL asks for more, it could be the picks, Ross, Poeltl, and Joseph instead of Sully. Means an overflow of bigs on the team, but who really cares about that. Bigger issue is relying on Wright to be full time backup - could be fine, might not be. Van Vleet (and mayyyyyybe Powell) provide some depth insurance there, so maybe you take the risk. Big reward in Millsap. And that deal actually helps with the tax bill the following summer (though, it's going to be big no matter what).
            I feel like that's way too much for a possible rental. A deal I'd be somewhat happy with is Corey, Sully, Poeltl + our better 2017 and a second rounder which still feels a bit rich of an offer imo for a 31 y/o that's not guaranteed to stay especially if he wants a last big cheque. We'd really need to sell him on being part of a contending team going into the end of his career which is a possibility but nonetheless it's a gamble and I'm not sure what other teams will offer them much given that risk. Not to mention you can tell by his inability to get above the rim like he used to that the physical decline has already started.
            Last edited by JamesNaismith; Mon Jan 2, 2017, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

A modified version of golden's proposed trade. Also send LAC's 2017 first rounder (and TOR's if needed) to ATL. Works for all 3 teams for the most part imo. The only complications I see are maybe that it's not enough for PHI and, as previously stated in this thread, reliance on Delon Wright as the backup PG.
              Love the fit...don't love that all 3 of Lowry, Millsap AND Noel will be due for BIG contracts.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                Love the fit...don't love that all 3 of Lowry, Millsap AND Noel will be due for BIG contracts.
                Understood, but wouldn't moving all 3 of Cory Jo, Ross, and JV free up a pretty significant chunk of cap space, on top of what we already have going into the summer? Not really much of a cap/numbers guy myself, lol.

Comment

Understood, but wouldn't moving all 3 of Cory Jo, Ross, and JV free up a pretty significant chunk of cap space, on top of what we already have going into the summer? Not really much of a cap/numbers guy myself, lol.
                  Neither am I lol yes granted Corey, Ross and JV would account for about $32M/yr but you know Kyle is getting $23+M guaranteed, I would think Millsap even if you sold him on being part of a contender for the end of his career will still be looking for at least $17M+/yr (very low end imo) which would already be about $40+M and now you need to try and re-sign a young Noel who thinks of himself as a star in this league (just his take) but I don't imagine he does anything less than $13-14M/yr best case scenario so I just can't see us taking the gamble on both.

If we did trade for Paul, I think we would be scouring the league to find some other option to defend the post that won't cost anywhere near as much.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                    Neither am I lol yes granted Corey, Ross and JV would account for about $32M/yr but you know Kyle is getting $23+M guaranteed, I would think Millsap even if you sold him on being part of a contender for the end of his career will still be looking for at least $17M+/yr (very low end imo) which would already be about $40+M and now you need to try and re-sign a young Noel who thinks of himself as a star in this league (just his take) but I don't imagine he does anything less than $13-14M/yr best case scenario so I just can't see us taking the gamble on both.

If we did trade for Paul, I think we would be scouring the league to find some other option to defend the post that won't cost anywhere near as much.
                    Jeez.....back to the drawing board it is, LOL.

Comment

• How about getting both Howard and Millsap? Maybe the Hawks realize they are due for a true rebuild, and we realize we are due for a true championship run. If we can also get Korver and Thabo... Oh me oh my...

I think Dwight would fit in our team greatly. As for the Hawks, imagine the young nucleus of Schroder, Ross, Bazemore, JV and Cory Jo as their 6th man.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jxv6ggf

Raptors depth chart:
                      Howard/Nogueira/Poeltl
                      Millsap/Muscala/Siakam
                      Carroll/Sefolosha/Caboclo
                      DeRozan/Korver/Powell
                      Lowry/Wright/Van Vleet

Hawks depth chart:
                      Valanciunas/Humphries/Splitter
                      Sullinger/Patterson/Kelly
                      Bazemore/Prince/Scott
                      Ross/Hardaway/Bembry
                      Schroder/Joseph/Delaney

I know some are scared to see Wright and Van Vleet as the main backup point guards, but I think this trade is worth it.

Comment

It frees up over $33M in guaranteed salary that would be owed in 2017-18. Drops us down to $54M guaranteed in the summer. It wouldn't give us cap space because of Lowry, Noel and Millsap's cap holds, but would make re-signing them a bit more manageable luxury tax wise (we'd still go over it of course).

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                          How about getting both Howard and Millsap? Maybe the Hawks realize they are due for a true rebuild, and we realize we are due for a true championship run. If we can also get Korver and Thabo... Oh me oh my...

I think Dwight would fit in our team greatly. As for the Hawks, imagine the young nucleus of Schroder, Ross, Bazemore, JV and Cory Jo as their 6th man.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jxv6ggf

Raptors depth chart:
                          Howard/Nogueira/Poeltl
                          Millsap/Muscala/Siakam
                          Carroll/Sefolosha/Caboclo
                          DeRozan/Korver/Powell
                          Lowry/Wright/Van Vleet

Hawks depth chart:
                          Valanciunas/Humphries/Splitter
                          Sullinger/Patterson/Kelly
                          Bazemore/Prince/Scott
                          Ross/Hardaway/Bembry
                          Schroder/Joseph/Delaney

I know some are scared to see Wright and Van Vleet as the main backup point guards, but I think this trade is worth it.
                          Hadn't considered the option of trying to get Dwight as well. I think this just shreds our bench way too much though.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                            Hadn't considered the option of trying to get Dwight as well. I think this just shreds our bench way too much though.
                            Haven't looked recently, but the Milsap/Howard pairing wasnt good early on in the season.

Comment

• I really think JV could be in play as well. Deebo and Dd are the only two untouchable. With Sully/Bebe/Poeltl raps will be fine at C.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• 3 Team Trade

Raps-Hawks-Griz

Raps trade - Ross, Joseph, Patterson, JV, Pascal, both first 2017, 2018 second
                                Raps get - Gasol, Millsap, Carter, Muscala

Hawks trade - Millsap, Muscala, Thabo
                                Hawks get - Ross, Cojo, Pat, Clips first, 2018 raps second

Griz trade - Gasol, Carter
                                Griz get - JV, Thabo,Pascal, Raps 2016 first

Lowry - Wright - VanVleet
                                Demar - Powell
                                Carroll - Carter - Bruno
                                Millsap - Sully - Muscala
                                Gasol - Bebe

This team beats Cavs in 6
                                But realistically, we anit getting marc or paul lol
                                Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Working...
                                X