Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    I don't know they're that happy with their wing play, are they? They also want to move Korver. Could depend on the other moving parts, I guess.
    Well I would guess that's because like Horford and apparently Millsap, I doubt Korver has any intentions on returning and ATL wants to get something back. But the bigger issue is Carroll sucks (period) lol why would ATL want to commit $30M to the SF position and neither are more than a role player and one of which (ours) is washed up?! Not trying to be rude but DC really doesn't make sense for anyone unless we're attaching some type of pick or prospect which we are obviously not looking to do either.

Comment

• Bembry/Thabo/Milsap for 2pat/Ross/Joseph clippers pick.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Jan 2, 2017, 03:31 PM.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• If we could get taurean prince as filler I would be very happy but I doubt they want to trade him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          Here's my best guess prediction on any Millsap trade for the Raps:

Ross, CoJo and Poeltl for
          Millsap, Hardaway, Muscala

Ross is an ideal asset for Atlanta - young enough but proven shooter locked up long term.

CoJo played for Coach Bud in San Antonio and would certainly improve their bench and fit their system.

Poeltl is a lotto pick rookie that gives them a long term option up front or an option if they decide to move Dwight as well.

Hardaway would likely be someone they want to keep but could be expendable with Ross taking his role. Muscala is an active body and makes sure Atlanta doesn't need to eat salary. We are taking on a lot of risk with taking on 3 players who are free agents at season's end but Millsap is worth the risk. Hardaway provides some shooting with Ross's departure and depth for when Carroll gets hurt/sits (essentially filling Powell's current role). FVV has to hold the backup PG spot until Delon returns. No picks exchanged but 2nd rounders could be used to grease the deal.

Sets us up with
          Lowry/ FVV/Delon
          DD/THjr
          Carroll/ Powell
          Millsap/PPatt/Sully
          JV/Bebe/Siakam

Could look to move Sully and/or Siakam for PG depth.
          Sign me up for this!

People keep repeating a big market for Paul and ATL wanting a lot but I'll repeat again...given Millsap will be 32 and the injury history of most big men (referring to PFs like Webber, KG, Barkley etc) after the age of 33/34 the majority have a steep decline and any team looking at him will need to want to win NOW because in the 2-3 years his contract will be bad. So being that it is the case there are likely only a handful of teams competing to try and enter contender status and none can give up too much and still remain a contender so ATL will have to accept a less than ideal trade or being idiotic again (Horford) and lose him for nothing. Of the other teams I think would be in the running I actually like what we can realistically offer the most.

Comment

• JV/Ross/2pat for Milsap/Korver/Sefolosha

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
              Well I would guess that's because like Horford and apparently Millsap, I doubt Korver has any intentions on returning and ATL wants to get something back. But the bigger issue is Carroll sucks (period) lol why would ATL want to commit $30M to the SF position and neither are more than a role player and one of which (ours) is washed up?! Not trying to be rude but DC really doesn't make sense for anyone unless we're attaching some type of pick or prospect which we are obviously not looking to do either.
              Think about it a bit harder.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I'd be shocked honestly if we could get this done without trading JV, and if we did then Masai needs some kind of statue built in front of the ACC. Atlanta can get comparable packages to Ross and expirings (that's exactly what 2Pat would be) and a late 1sts from many teams. Gonna take some next level juju for Masai to pull that off.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                  I'd be shocked honestly if we could get this done without trading JV, and if we did then Masai needs some kind of statue built in front of the ACC. Atlanta can get comparable packages to Ross and expirings (that's exactly what 2Pat would be) and a late 1sts from many teams. Gonna take some next level juju for Masai to pull that off.
                  JV in a three team deal? ATL doesn't need him is the reason most of these suggestions don't include him, they'll be most interested in players at the 2-4 spots.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    JV/Ross/2pat for Milsap/Korver/Sefolosha

Lol.

If I were you I would consider trading Derozan for a player who can defend his position, can shoot the three, higher percentage APG, who doesn't play with his head down and has a higher IQ.

That's more prudent.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                      I'd be shocked honestly if we could get this done without trading JV, and if we did then Masai needs some kind of statue built in front of the ACC. Atlanta can get comparable packages to Ross and expirings (that's exactly what 2Pat would be) and a late 1sts from many teams. Gonna take some next level juju for Masai to pull that off.
                      Not many teams have a top 10 picked rookie to pair with Ross and have legit title hopes to resign Millsap. Poeltl might be the key.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                        Lol.

If I were you I would consider trading Derozan for a player who can defend his position, can shoot the three, higher percentage APG, who doesn't play with his head down and has a higher IQ.

That's more prudent.
                        Why would we trade the best SG in the conference?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Why would we trade the best SG in the conference?

Lol. Because of those reasons that I enumerated for your understanding.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                            Lol. Because of those reasons that I enumerated for your understanding.
                            Find be another SG that will give you an efficient 25/5/5 and lets do the trade

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Not many teams have a top 10 picked rookie to pair with Ross and have legit title hopes to resign Millsap. Poeltl might be the key.
                              That hasn't played. If a team wants Poeltl why wouldn't they want the guy starting over him. Who is just 4 years older?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Poeltl's value is significantly lower than the value of the #9 pick at this point. He's a low ceiling rookie who was meant to be polished but hasn't played enough to be able to demonstrate that. Value would be very low. Plus people are saying ATL wouldn't want JV so why would they want Poeltl, a center who has done absolutely nothing? In JV's case at least you know you'd have high level pick and roll and a nice high-low game to play with Schroder right from the get-go, Dwight or no Dwight.

Comment

Working...
                                X