Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lupe wrote: View Post
    I'd be shocked honestly if we could get this done without trading JV, and if we did then Masai needs some kind of statue built in front of the ACC. Atlanta can get comparable packages to Ross and expirings (that's exactly what 2Pat would be) and a late 1sts from many teams. Gonna take some next level juju for Masai to pull that off.
    What?! Most suggested trades I've seen have Ross + CoJo as a starting point then include a younger PF plus some prospect whether it's Poeltl (#9 lotto pick) or a 2017 1st. That's a fairly good return for an old PF that's not guaranteed to re-sign but is guaranteed to walk from ATL.

It seems like a lot of posters keep skimming over that it's a good damn chance that any team that does take a RISK on Millsap will need to be one that is looking to become a contender NOW given that it's not likely Millsap has more than 2-3 good years in the tank but will likely want a contract for 4-5 years so the market is highly likely not as competitive as most of you are making it out to be. His individual window is limited so that eliminates a ton of teams who aren't going for it now...the majority of this league is beginning a rebuild or in the process of one. There are only a handful of fringe contenders (LAC, BOS, OKC and us) and I don't see what more the others can offer without losing the depth needed to be a contender.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      That hasn't played. If a team wants Poeltl why wouldn't they want the guy starting over him. Who is just 4 years older?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      why wouldn't they want nogueira then?

oh, right, you just want to move JV.

Here i thought the point was to somehow add millsap to the Lowry/Demar/JV starters.

Comment

• I will be very disappointed if Milsap is trade anywhere but Toronto. This is exactly what we been waiting for.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

That hasn't played. If a team wants Poeltl why wouldn't they want the guy starting over him. Who is just 4 years older?

Yep this is what really annoys me about that point. They wouldn't want JV yet somehow Poeltl is possibly "the key" to unlocking a Millsap trade.

Like I said I'd be shocked if Atlanta traded us Millsap for like Ross+2Pat+Poeltl plus a pick or whatever. 2Pat isn't locked up and Poeltl has very little value right now. Basically just getting Ross, a Patterson rental and a very late pick. Can get comparable or even better package from other teams, particularly Denver.

However getting JV is something they're not going to get elsewhere unless Denver ponies up like Jokic or something.

Comment

Find be another SG that will give you an efficient 25/5/5 and lets do the trade

Its actually the guy behind him. Powell can step in to that role.

Trading Derozan will change the way we will buddy. I'm sure Masai can get some assets in return.

Comment

4 years is a lot in the NBA world mate

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

Here i thought the point was to somehow add millsap to the Lowry/Demar/JV starters.
                I don't think Christian just wants to move JV. I saw him suggest a couple trades earlier that didn't have JV in them.

I'm the one who's been putting JV in my trade suggestions. Primarily because I think almost everyone is just lowballing here. People are making conflicting statements. When I suggest trading JV people say they still want to be good and compete and already have Dwight. Well then why would they trade Millsap for Ross, 2Pat and some prospects? They aren't getting any better by doing that and with 2Pat expiring it's basically just Ross. Would be better off just keeping Millsap if they're trying to be good or fishing for a better package from another team.

Like we're talking right now about the 3rd or 4th best power forward in the league. Yeah he's in his early 30s and expiring, but he's still fucking good, and any team that trades for him would have a huge monetary advantage when it comes to re-signing him anyway over other suitors. It's a "rental" but it isn't. If you're a playoff team he's not going to be much of a flight risk, will be up to you to pay up that's it imo.

Comment

I will be very disappointed if Milsap is trade anywhere but Toronto. This is exactly what we been waiting for.

I'd be very disappointed if we lose Lowry in the offseason and Derozan as the focal point of the Raptors offense.

Comment

• Derozan without Lowry is like a marriage without sperm.

Comment

• I just want to throw out there....so ATL has had a net return of Taurean Prince (#12 pick, yes behind Poeltl who is only be suggested as a PART of a package) + nothing for Teague and Horford.

The heat is on ATL to get something or the GM will almost certainly put his head on the chopping block

Comment

Poeltl is younger and cheap enough to pair with other assets like Ross. JV and Ross pairing is a hard financial package to work with.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

I think it's pretty clear that I dont think JV will be able to live up to his potential because of the way the game has changed and still changing. He is just too much of a defensive liability and it will only get worse with age.

Also JV has a nice contract to match salaries.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                            Yep this is what really annoys me about that point. They wouldn't want JV yet somehow Poeltl is possibly "the key" to unlocking a Millsap trade.
                            Sorry that logic annoys you lol. Also I never actually said that they wouldn't want JV so your combining points from different people to make a single point that you can attack.

That said, Poeltl as a piece paired with other assets who fit (like Ross) makes more sense than building a trade around JV while they have Dwight.
                            Ross would be a good player for Atlanta and serves a long term need for wing shooting and defence. He fits the current team and long term team.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              Here's my best guess prediction on any Millsap trade for the Raps:

Ross, CoJo and Poeltl for
                              Millsap, Hardaway, Muscala

Ross is an ideal asset for Atlanta - young enough but proven shooter locked up long term.

CoJo played for Coach Bud in San Antonio and would certainly improve their bench and fit their system.

Poeltl is a lotto pick rookie that gives them a long term option up front or an option if they decide to move Dwight as well.

Hardaway would likely be someone they want to keep but could be expendable with Ross taking his role. Muscala is an active body and makes sure Atlanta doesn't need to eat salary. We are taking on a lot of risk with taking on 3 players who are free agents at season's end but Millsap is worth the risk. Hardaway provides some shooting with Ross's departure and depth for when Carroll gets hurt/sits (essentially filling Powell's current role). FVV has to hold the backup PG spot until Delon returns. No picks exchanged but 2nd rounders could be used to grease the deal.

Sets us up with
                              Lowry/ FVV/Delon
                              DD/THjr
                              Carroll/ Powell
                              Millsap/PPatt/Sully
                              JV/Bebe/Siakam

Could look to move Sully and/or Siakam for PG depth.
                              Good points. I forgot about the Corey Joseph/Coach Bud connection.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Poeltl is younger and cheap enough to pair with other assets like Ross. JV and Ross pairing is a hard financial package to work with.
                                No it isn't. It's a $26M package. Millsap's cap hit is over $20M. You can literally trade them straight up for Millsap if you wanted to (at least according to ESPN trade machine). There's nothing hard to work with about that financial package, if anything it opens up more possibilities for 3 team deals.

Comment

Working...
                                X