Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lupe wrote: View Post

Like we're talking right now about the 3rd or 4th best power forward in the league. Yeah he's in his early 30s and expiring, but he's still fucking good, and any team that trades for him would have a huge monetary advantage when it comes to re-signing him anyway over other suitors. It's a "rental" but it isn't. If you're a playoff team he's not going to be much of a flight risk, will be up to you to pay up that's it imo.
    I don't think you realize just how badly the fact that he's expiring hurts ATL's leverage. Especially because it''s pretty clear he's not going back to the Hawks (like Horford last season). Atlanta really does need to settle for roleplayers and picks because no one in their right mind is giving up an allstar caliber player for him.

Comment

• It took Taurean Prince (#12) to get Jeff Teague and ATL lost Horford for nothing but some of you think ATL will scoff at Poeltl (#9) as just a PART of package for the oldest name they have left of a franchise on the verge of crumbling to bottom feeders?!

Poeltl (#9 pick), Ross, Cojo and one Sully or PP is an excellent return when you actually look at what's happened to the Hawks.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Poeltl is younger and cheap enough to pair with other assets like Ross. JV and Ross pairing is a hard financial package to work with.
        Not really Milsap makes 20 mil. Also both rosters are full. You can pretty much add either one of the other vets(Korver/Sefolosha) the're shopping and it will work for Ross/JV.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Not really Milsap makes 20 mil. Also both rosters are full. You can pretty much add either one of the other vets(Korver/Sefolosha) the're shopping and it will work for Ross/JV.
          Combining JV and Ross is a bad deal for the Raps. Sacrificing too much of the teams core that is locked up on good deals.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
            It took Taurean Prince (#12) to get Jeff Teague and ATL lost Horford for nothing but some of you think ATL will scoff at Poeltl (#9) as just a PART of package for the oldest name they have left of a franchise on the verge of crumbling to bottom feeders?!

Poeltl (#9 pick), Ross, Cojo and one Sully or PP is an excellent return when you actually look at what's happened to the Hawks.

That's because you're a Raptor fan. Someone posted this deal on the Hawks sub w/o Cojo but *including* both picks and here was the response:

We already have a logjam at the wing, we don't need a poor man's JR Smith on top of that. I'd rather have Millsap for another 5 months than Sullinger and Poeltl combined.
            You might call this guy delusional, but he would think the same of you.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              That hasn't played. If a team wants Poeltl why wouldn't they want the guy starting over him. Who is just 4 years older?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              If you're the Raptors you don't trade JV unless there is a guarantee you're getting someone like Noel in a 3 team trade or in a separate trade. Not saying this because I like JV, but because I'd rather not have Bebe starting.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                That's because you're a Raptor fan. Someone posted this deal on the Hawks sub w/o Cojo but *including* both picks and here was the response:

You might call this guy delusional, but he would think the same of you.
                I would question any logjam at the wings though.

Korver will not likely be back next year. THjr is a decent player for them but a combo of Bazemore and Ross is a big upgrade. Other than that, Sefolosha is near the end. Young prospects like Prince and Bembry can develop off the bench.

Also, our picks aren't very good.

CoJo would give them a great mentor for their young dynamic PG without chafing at the backup role and knows the system.

I still think it's a good deal for both teams. Schroeder Ross Bazemore would be a fun trio to watch.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I would question any logjam at the wings though.

Korver will not likely be back next year. THjr is a decent player for them but a combo of Bazemore and Ross is a big upgrade. Other than that, Sefolosha is near the end. Young prospects like Prince and Bembry can develop off the bench.

Also, our picks aren't very good.

CoJo would give them a great mentor for their young dynamic PG without chafing at the backup role and knows the system.

I still think it's a good deal for both teams. Schroeder Ross Bazemore would be a fun trio to watch.
                  I've seen Raps fans pose those deals to Hawks fans on RealGM and reddit and there's been like zero interest in making them. Yeah they're just fans but so are we. There's somewhat of a good understanding overall from fans what a good deal for THEIR team is (not really other teams though).

Comment

• We are not going to trade JV for Milsap it makes no sense for either team. The only way we trade JV is if we get another starting caliber center back.

Ross, 2pat, Poeltl, picks should be good enough if the reports that Atlanta want to trade him are true. Looking at other teams that could be interested in trading for him the only team I'm worried about is the Nuggets.

Boston- Probably don't want to have a Horford/Milsap frontcourt again. Could offer smart/ one of their bigs/pick. Very unlikely they they offer the nets pick.
                    Hornets- Don't have many assets to offer. Picks/ Kaminsky/ Lamb our package should be better.
                    Magic Offered him a large contract when he was a free agent but already traded for Ibaka so prob not interest anymore
                    Rockets No tradeable assets or way to match contracts without giving up Anderson who I doubt the hawks want on a big contract
                    OKC Good fit for them but they seem to like Sabonis and their other assets don't seem that valuable Payne & picks
                    Denver Can offer an interesting combination of young players, solid rotation pieces & picks. Nurkic, Faried, Chandler, Harris, Barton. FO also seem to want to compete now after going after DWade this past offseason. This is the team that worries me the most as I can see them overpaying to finally get themselves a star.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                      We are not going to trade JV for Milsap it makes no sense for either team. The only way we trade JV is if we get another starting caliber center back.

Ross, 2pat, Poeltl, picks should be good enough if the reports that Atlanta want to trade him are true. Looking at other teams that could be interested in trading for him the only team I'm worried about is the Nuggets.

Boston- Probably don't want to have a Horford/Milsap frontcourt again. Could offer smart/ one of their bigs/pick. Very unlikely they they offer the nets pick.
                      Hornets- Don't have many assets to offer. Picks/ Kaminsky/ Lamb our package should be better.
                      Magic Offered him a large contract when he was a free agent but already traded for Ibaka so prob not interest anymore
                      Rockets No tradeable assets or way to match contracts without giving up Anderson who I doubt the hawks want on a big contract
                      OKC Good fit for them but they seem to like Sabonis and their other assets don't seem that valuable Payne & picks
                      Denver Can offer an interesting combination of young players, solid rotation pieces & picks. Nurkic, Faried, Chandler, Harris, Barton. FO also seem to want to compete now after going after DWade this past offseason. This is the team that worries me the most as I can see them overpaying to finally get themselves a star.
                      This is what has been proposed in almost every trade I've seen in here that involves Valanciunas.

Comment

I've seen Raps fans pose those deals to Hawks fans on RealGM and reddit and there's been like zero interest in making them.
                        Well if we are going by fan opinions online of complete strangers then hopefully all other GMs use tenforthewin as the baseline for any offer to Masai.

Plus RealGM and Reddit users don't always pass the reality test.

Comment

• Keep seeing people say that they can't see Denver wanting to pay Millsap but why not? Almost all their guys are either on rookie deals or cheap deals. Gallinari is the only other one besides Millsap who'll be on big money and even he has kind of played himself out of the max.

It wouldn't be the first time a young, fringe playoff team added a veteran star for big money to try and improve. Remember when Chicago signed Carlos Boozer in 2010?

Comment

This is what has been proposed in almost every trade I've seen in here that involves Valanciunas.
                            Omer Asik is not a starting caliber Center.

Comment

Well if we are going by fan opinions online of complete strangers then hopefully all other GMs use tenforthewin as the baseline for any offer to Masai.

Plus RealGM and Reddit users don't always pass the reality test.
                              I'm just saying that I haven't seen any Hawks fans jumping at the idea of getting Ross, expiring(s), a late pick and underwhelming prospect for Millsap.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                                Omer Asik is not a starting caliber Center.
                                That Asik deal was terrible. Talking about mine and a couple others I saw that had Nerlens coming in.

Comment

Working...
                                X