Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lupe wrote: View Post
    Keep seeing people say that they can't see Denver wanting to pay Millsap but why not? Almost all their guys are either on rookie deals or cheap deals. Gallinari is the only other one besides Millsap who'll be on big money and even he has kind of played himself out of the max.

It wouldn't be the first time a young, fringe playoff team added a veteran star for big money to try and improve. Remember when Chicago signed Carlos Boozer in 2010?
    HUGE difference between a team trying to SIGN a free agent and trade for an expiring player. Not even comparable.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      HUGE difference between a team trying to SIGN a free agent and trade for an expiring player. Not even comparable.
      Yes you have to give up assets with the latter. But Denver has a lot more players than they actually have room to play (similar problem to what we have). They'd have no problem beating the kind of offers that people want to present to Atlanta. And people are saying Atlanta still wants to win so if they get a comparable offer from Denver why trade him to a possible 1st round matchup when they can send him far, far away?

Like I said fair play to Masai if he can get it done. But we've struck out trying to get Ibaka cheaply and also reportedly wouldn't pony up what was necessary for Horford last deadline either. An "ok" offer could see Millsap land elsewhere or Atlanta decide to just not bother moving him.
      Last edited by Lupe; Mon Jan 2, 2017, 04:43 PM.

Comment

That Asik deal was terrible. Talking about mine and a couple others I saw that had Nerlens coming in.
        Ya I really like Noel on the raps think he is the perfect fit with our core

The 2 problems with trading for him are is that he is a restricketd free agent after this year and will likely demand close to the max that would mean the raps would need to sign 3 more players (lowry, Milsap, Noel) to close to max deals. I doubt the team is willing to make that kind of financial commitment. Secondly I'm not sure the interest the hawks will have in JV with howard already looked in long-term. It will be very hard for them to shed the Howard contract and to find a workable deal it will likely require bringing ina 4th team which just over complicates things.

Comment

Yes you have to give up assets with the latter. But Denver has a lot more players than they actually have room to play (similar problem to what we have). They'd have no problem beating the kind of offers that people want to present to Atlanta. And people are saying Atlanta still wants to win so if they get a comparable offer from Denver why trade him to a possible 1st round matchup when they can send him far, far away?
          You need to separate out the desires of Denver from Atlanta.

Atlanta would love to send Millsap out west. No doubt, they also want best value in return.

Denver would love to have Millsap but they also have to hedge their bets on resigning him. If Millsap isn't going to stay on a team currently sitting 5th in the east then how likely is he to resign with a team that is currently 8th in the west? At best, it's a lateral move (assuming Millsap can propel Denver up a few spots which is no guarantee out west).

If Denver is willing to take a big gamble then yes, they can out bid us but hard to really say whether they'd take that risk.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Like I said fair play to Masai if he can get it done. But we've struck out trying to get Ibaka cheaply and also reportedly wouldn't pony up what was necessary for Horford last deadline either. An "ok" offer could see Millsap land elsewhere or Atlanta decide to just not bother moving him.
            I can see the hawks jumping on Nurkic, Faried, Barton/future lottery protected pick for Milsap & Korver/Thalbo

Comment

• Is it fair to say there are some "off the record" discussions about Millsap's desire to sign a long term contract before any trade is made?

I can't see him wanting to stay in Denver for the rest of his career.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                We are not going to trade JV for Milsap it makes no sense for either team. The only way we trade JV is if we get another starting caliber center back.

Ross, 2pat, Poeltl, picks should be good enough if the reports that Atlanta want to trade him are true. Looking at other teams that could be interested in trading for him the only team I'm worried about is the Nuggets.

Boston- Probably don't want to have a Horford/Milsap frontcourt again. Could offer smart/ one of their bigs/pick. Very unlikely they they offer the nets pick.
                Hornets- Don't have many assets to offer. Picks/ Kaminsky/ Lamb our package should be better.
                Magic Offered him a large contract when he was a free agent but already traded for Ibaka so prob not interest anymore
                Rockets No tradeable assets or way to match contracts without giving up Anderson who I doubt the hawks want on a big contract
                OKC Good fit for them but they seem to like Sabonis and their other assets don't seem that valuable Payne & picks
                Denver Can offer an interesting combination of young players, solid rotation pieces & picks. Nurkic, Faried, Chandler, Harris, Barton. FO also seem to want to compete now after going after DWade this past offseason. This is the team that worries me the most as I can see them overpaying to finally get themselves a star.
                Anderson would fit greatly with Howard (Magic???).

Thunder could offer great return too...

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  You need to separate out the desires of Denver from Atlanta.

Atlanta would love to send Millsap out west. No doubt, they also want best value in return.

Denver would love to have Millsap but they also have to hedge their bets on resigning him. If Millsap isn't going to stay on a team currently sitting 5th in the east then how likely is he to resign with a team that is currently 8th in the west? At best, it's a lateral move (assuming Millsap can propel Denver up a few spots which is no guarantee out west).

If Denver is willing to take a big gamble then yes, they can out bid us but hard to really say whether they'd take that risk.
                  It's... not a big gamble. Denver has a lot of depth like we do. They could send Faried (who Millsap would replace the minutes of anyway), one of Harris or Barton (Murray would then be able to play even more), possibly Nurkic and they also have 2 1st round picks like we do. And again Millsap isn't a major flight risk for them. They'd be in the playoffs with him and he's actually basically from Denver having grown up there from age 2 to 13 in Montebello.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                    I can see the hawks jumping on Nurkic, Faried, Barton/future lottery protected pick for Milsap & Korver/Thalbo
                    Exactly. Barton/Harris/Murray are all SGs so moving one of them isn't a big deal for them. Jokic is a lot better than Nurkic and this would let him play much more and really take the reigns as the #1 center. Faried gets replaced by Millsap. They can do better than a future lottery protected pick since they have theirs and Memphis' (unless it's top 5, which it won't be) this year.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      That's because you're a Raptor fan. Someone posted this deal on the Hawks sub w/o Cojo but *including* both picks and here was the response:

You might call this guy delusional, but he would think the same of you.
                      He is also not the GM who will most certainly be fired if he losses Millsap for nothing....3 all-stars gone and you only get Taurean Prince as a return?! lol yeah that poster and others like him can go shove that type of comment up their collective you know whats.

It's FAR from delusinonal to think offering the #9 pick plus 3 other young players for the oldest of the core they have left is reasonable when all they got was the #12 pick as whole lol

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post

Like what???

Oladipo and Adams have to stay in order to remain a supposed contender.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post

Anderson is the perfect fit with the rockets shooting 50+ 3's a game. He fits well with Howard but not sure if the hawks want him long-term making 20 mil a year if they are planning to rebuild.

Thunders can offer Sabonis (who they seem to really like), Payne, Kanter?(will the hawks even want him) & picks. I think our package can def be better.

Comment

• Let's stop calling Poeltl the #9 pick guys like it means something trade value wise. His value is significantly lower than what the value of that pick was before we actually drafted him because the uncertainty of potentially getting a special kind of prospect is gone. Zach Lowe explained this concept pretty well in one of his recent podcasts.

Comment

Let's stop calling Poeltl the #9 pick guys like it means something trade value wise. His value is significantly lower than what the value of that pick was before we actually drafted him because the uncertainty of potentially getting a special kind of prospect is gone. Zach Lowe explained this concept pretty well in one of his recent podcasts.
                              Poeltl value is probably around a top 20 pick now (14-20).

Comment

• I'm not trading good, young, controllable assets like Powell or JV for a rental player like Millsap. There's just no way.

Now, if we're talking Ross or Joseph + Sullinger + draft picks, then sure.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X