Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    I'd be shocked if anyone in the top 5 trades their pick.
    It happens though. I mean, in 2001 the Bulls dealt for #2 to draft Tyson Chandler. Same year the Grizz moved into #3 to draft Gasol. In 2005 the Jazz moved into #3 to draft Williams. In 2008 the Grizz traded for the rights to #3, Mayo. In 2009 the Wolved acquired #5 to take Rubio. Just outside the top five, #6 was moved in 2007 and 2013 to land Roy(Blazers) and Noel(76ers). There are some big names in there, anything is possible.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Raps could ask for Muscala back to replace Patterson as a stretch PF and send back Carroll. Something like this....

Does this really help Atlanta though? Personally I'd rather have Sefolosha right now than Carroll when considering the money involved. The Hawks also deal the best player by far in the trade and really get nothing back that wows me. I don't think this would be their best option...

Comment

• When was the last time a soon to become free agent all-star caliber player was traded at the deadline? Seems like some of these trades have a lot of depth going back the other way. Not sure I like having 2Pat, Ross AND Carroll traded. The bench mob would become pretty thin.

If Bud still likes Carroll then he and Wright or Poeltl with a pick, used as a sweetener, should be enough of a package. And then grab a scrub back to make the deal work. If he wants an expiring contract so that he can use free agency to get better than Sully&Ross should be sufficient, or 2Pat and Joseph (if they want a quality PG instead of another wing player).

Ibaka was had for Ilyasova, Sabonis and Oladipo. That was considered an over pay one that Masai didn't feel he should beat. And that was with having Ibaka for a full season and not just 2-3 months.

Comment

• If Sap does come over, we need to get Ranadive on the line.

Super 4s are all the rage these days.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            When was the last time a soon to become free agent all-star caliber player was traded at the deadline? Seems like some of these trades have a lot of depth going back the other way. Not sure I like having 2Pat, Ross AND Carroll traded. The bench mob would become pretty thin.

If Bud still likes Carroll then he and Wright or Poeltl with a pick, used as a sweetener, should be enough of a package. And then grab a scrub back to make the deal work. If he wants an expiring contract so that he can use free agency to get better than Sully&Ross should be sufficient, or 2Pat and Joseph (if they want a quality PG instead of another wing player).

Ibaka was had for Ilyasova, Sabonis and Oladipo. That was considered an over pay one that Masai didn't feel he should beat. And that was with having Ibaka for a full season and not just 2-3 months.
            I was thinking along the same lines while playing with the Trade Machine, wondering if a trade could center on Ross + Poeltl + a 1st round pick (with Sullinger & Wright used as filler). One thought I had was Atlanta unloading Korver as well (another expiring contract), who would essentially be swapping spots with Ross.

Millsap & Korver --> Ross & Poeltl & Sullinger & Wright & 1st round pick

Atlanta gets 3 prospects and a 1st round pick, along with salary relief.

Toronto gets a starting PF who projects to fit well with both Lowry/DeRozan and JV, replaces Ross' shooting with Korver, and keeps key bench players (ie: Patterson & Joseph).
            Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Jan 3, 2017, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• When was the last time a soon to become free agent all-star caliber player was traded at the deadline?
              Melo? Was Pau a FA to be when the Grizz shipped him to LA? I can't remember. Those are the two that come to mind in recent memory and I don't think either of them are very good precedents to try and figure out what Milsap is worth.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                Melo? Was Pau a FA to be when the Grizz shipped him to LA? I can't remember. Those are the two that come to mind in recent memory and I don't think either of them are very good precedents to try and figure out what Milsap is worth.
                Rondo, D-Will, Dragic, IT, Kidd, AI, Bogut & Ellis were all traded mid-season too.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                  Rondo, D-Will, Dragic, IT, Kidd, AI, Bogut & Ellis were all traded mid-season too.
                  The Rondo deal seems like a decent comp: Jameer Nelson, Jae Crowder, Brandan Wright, and first and second rounders) for Rondo and filler.

Of course, depends on what ATL wants and what else is out there but Toronto could absolutely put together a package similar to that one without losing much and gaining a lot.

Comment

• Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      The Rondo deal seems like a decent comp: Jameer Nelson, Jae Crowder, Brandan Wright, and first and second rounders) for Rondo and filler.

Of course, depends on what ATL wants and what else is out there but Toronto could absolutely put together a package similar to that one without losing much and gaining a lot.
                      Crowder was also relatively a nobody before he got to the celtics, was averaging under 4 points with the mavs before he got traded.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

this proves that he's not a locker room cancer, and little else.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Kevin Durant on Oklahoma City in early 2016: "I love it here, man. I love my teammates, I love the city, I don't really think about anywhere else," Durant told Revolt TV in a recent interview. "I hear it all the time, don't get me wrong, and once you hear it you're kind of like [looks up, thinking]. But for me, I love staying in the moment, and I'm one of those guys that would love to stick it out with one team my whole career.

LaMarcus Aldridge in 2015: "I want to be the best Blazer -- ever," Aldridge said. "If I stay the rest of my career, I should be able to catch Clyde by then. I should be able to leave a mark on a big-time franchise that is going to be seen forever. And I will be able to say I played here my whole career. This city has embraced me and grown with me. I have so much history, it just makes sense to stay."

etc etc etc

he's doing the dance, as he knows he has to

Comment

• Any trade involving Millsap has to account for the following things:

1. They have Dwight as their starting center, he's playing well for them on a fair contract, and aren't going to move him for anything short of a superstar (and really, they'd sooner pair the superstar with Dwight anyway).

2. They have a glut of wings - Korver, Thabo, Bazemore, Tim Hardaway Jr., Prince and Bembry. They probably don't want another wing unless they can move a wing out. (Ross is better than any single one of those players, though.)

3. They really, really want Bazemore gone if they can do it without too much pain, because he's playing like trash and he's expensive for what he produces and on a longterm deal.

4. All of this means that a straight-up two-team deal for Millsap is unlikely. A three- or four-team deal is much more possible - I see Portland and Orlando as being the prime candidates. You need either a team to take Toronto's assets and give Atlanta what they want or a team willing to take on Bazemore's salary for picks (and the hope that he improves to his form from last year) or both.

As an aside, I think DeMarre for Serge Ibaka is incidentally a much better trade opportunity. Ibaka isn't as good as Millsap, to be sure, but he's playing well after a bad start and is much more attainable because Orlando is trash and likely won't be able to re-sign him.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                              Kevin Durant on Oklahoma City in early 2016: "I love it here, man. I love my teammates, I love the city, I don't really think about anywhere else," Durant told Revolt TV in a recent interview. "I hear it all the time, don't get me wrong, and once you hear it you're kind of like [looks up, thinking]. But for me, I love staying in the moment, and I'm one of those guys that would love to stick it out with one team my whole career.

LaMarcus Aldridge in 2015: "I want to be the best Blazer -- ever," Aldridge said. "If I stay the rest of my career, I should be able to catch Clyde by then. I should be able to leave a mark on a big-time franchise that is going to be seen forever. And I will be able to say I played here my whole career. This city has embraced me and grown with me. I have so much history, it just makes sense to stay."

etc etc etc

he's doing the dance, as he knows he has to
                              But with a statement like that, now there's no way he gets traded by/before the deadline

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                                Any trade involving Millsap has to account for the following things:

1. They have Dwight as their starting center, he's playing well for them on a fair contract, and aren't going to move him for anything short of a superstar (and really, they'd sooner pair the superstar with Dwight anyway).

2. They have a glut of wings - Korver, Thabo, Bazemore, Tim Hardaway Jr., Prince and Bembry. They probably don't want another wing unless they can move a wing out. (Ross is better than any single one of those players, though.)

3. They really, really want Bazemore gone if they can do it without too much pain, because he's playing like trash and he's expensive for what he produces and on a longterm deal.

4. All of this means that a straight-up two-team deal for Millsap is unlikely. A three- or four-team deal is much more possible - I see Portland and Orlando as being the prime candidates. You need either a team to take Toronto's assets and give Atlanta what they want or a team willing to take on Bazemore's salary for picks (and the hope that he improves to his form from last year) or both.

As an aside, I think DeMarre for Serge Ibaka is incidentally a much better trade opportunity. Ibaka isn't as good as Millsap, to be sure, but he's playing well after a bad start and is much more attainable because Orlando is trash and likely won't be able to re-sign him.
                                You forgot to account for one thing:

5. You must be high if you think ORL would trade us Ibaka for Carroll.

Comment

Working...
                                X