No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we're getting Millsap we need to do it without trading 2Pat.

I'm telling you guys a 2Pat-Millsap frontline could be the key to neutralizing those Bron-Love or Bron-Frye 4-5 lineups that Cleveland has absolutely raped us with in the past.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      But with a statement like that, now there's no way he gets traded by/before the deadline
      Well Millsap has stated he still going to opt out in the off-season, thats why the Hawks are looking to trade him in the first place.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
        Or Lowry's kid will play on the team. Look at the focus in his eyes. Next generational talent. Trade everyone and tank for Lowry Jr in 2027.
        His name is Karter.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

If we're getting Millsap we need to do it without trading 2Pat.

I'm telling you guys a 2Pat-Millsap frontline could be the key to neutralizing those Bron-Love or Bron-Frye 4-5 lineups that Cleveland has absolutely raped us with in the past.
          2Pat + Millsap makes me giddy

Comment

Agreed. With Millsap and Pat, you have the luxury to switch everything.

Comment

Ross, Cojo, Pascal, 2016 Raps First
              for
              Millsap, Delaney

*Hawks waive Ryan Kelly*

Raptors Roster
              Lowry-Wright
              DeRozan-Powell
              Carroll-Powell
              Millsap-Patterson
              Jonas-Sully-Bebe
              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Imagine if Thabo gets thrown into the deal too.

Cory-Powell-Thabo-Patterson-Bebe

All that defense in one bench unit, oh my gawdd
                Last edited by tDotted; Tue Jan 3, 2017, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Here'e Kevin Pelton:

All right, let's say the Hawks have gone beyond merely listening to offers for Millsap and decided to trade him to the Raptors in exchange for a package of stretch-4 Patrick Patterson, hot-shooting wing Terrence Ross, 2016 lottery pick Jakob Poeltl and 2015 first-round pick Delon Wright. We'll also give Toronto forward Kris Humphries to help balance the salaries and number of players heading each way while Atlanta likely nets a draft pick or two, though that doesn't affect our analysis.

Not sure how 4 going out and 2 coming in balances.

Edit: he said helps balance
                  Last edited by 3inthekeon; Tue Jan 3, 2017, 08:41 PM.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• http://www.thescore.com/news/1199457

hawks *were* prepared to trade millsap to raptors if horford re-signed

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      http://www.thescore.com/news/1199457

God damn it Horford!

Comment

• And he fucking signed w/ the Celtics. I hate this guy. Fuck him. FFS

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          http://www.thescore.com/news/1199457

rocwell wrote: View Post
                          And he fucking signed w/ the Celtics. I hate this guy. Fuck him. FFS
                          This is like hearing the girl who you secretly had a crush in school actually liked you too the entire time but TOO LATE SHE'S GETTING MARRIED IN 3 WEEKS.. GODDAMMIT ROXANNE.

Ahem. But yeah. This sucks.

Comment

• Per @WindhorstESPN on TrueHoop pod, Raptors had a deal in place to trade for Millsap last summer but it fell through when Hawks lost Horford
                            Wow, I wonder what the deal was.

Edit: see that it was already posted. Still pretty interesting.

Comment

Agreed. Millsap is a much better version of 2Pat obviously but swapping one out for the other doesn't really solve the biggest match up problem we have with Cleveland; You're still in the unfortunate spot where you can't have JV on the court during crunch time when teams opt to go small/perimeter oriented. Playing 2Pat and Millsap together gives you a much better shot at them defensively.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                                Any trade involving Millsap has to account for the following things:

1. They have Dwight as their starting center, he's playing well for them on a fair contract, and aren't going to move him for anything short of a superstar (and really, they'd sooner pair the superstar with Dwight anyway).

2. They have a glut of wings - Korver, Thabo, Bazemore, Tim Hardaway Jr., Prince and Bembry. They probably don't want another wing unless they can move a wing out. (Ross is better than any single one of those players, though.)

3. They really, really want Bazemore gone if they can do it without too much pain, because he's playing like trash and he's expensive for what he produces and on a longterm deal.

4. All of this means that a straight-up two-team deal for Millsap is unlikely. A three- or four-team deal is much more possible - I see Portland and Orlando as being the prime candidates. You need either a team to take Toronto's assets and give Atlanta what they want or a team willing to take on Bazemore's salary for picks (and the hope that he improves to his form from last year) or both.

As an aside, I think DeMarre for Serge Ibaka is incidentally a much better trade opportunity. Ibaka isn't as good as Millsap, to be sure, but he's playing well after a bad start and is much more attainable because Orlando is trash and likely won't be able to re-sign him.
                                Keep in mind, with that wing glut comment, they are also rumoured to be taking calls on Korver and Thabo to try to get value for them before they hit free agency. So that thins out that glut quite a bit.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X