• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guy is on point

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      This guy is on point

When was the last time a player this good was linked to the Raptors?

I'd say a trade for Millsap is more possible than any previous trade rumors, considering a deal was set or close to being set in the off-season if Horford did re-sign.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
        If we're getting Millsap we need to do it without trading 2Pat.

I'm telling you guys a 2Pat-Millsap frontline could be the key to neutralizing those Bron-Love or Bron-Frye 4-5 lineups that Cleveland has absolutely raped us with in the past.
        Just one counterpoint - the lack of rim protection with that lineup would be a real problem vs anybody, moreso against Lebron. You see that weakness almost immediately when the Raps are small and try shot stints with PP at the 5, it would be just as bad with Millsap at the 5, I think.

But yeah, switches and defending out to the perimeter would be much better.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          Just one counterpoint - the lack of rim protection with that lineup would be a real problem vs anybody, moreso against Lebron. You see that weakness almost immediately when the Raps are small and try shot stints with PP at the 5, it would be just as bad with Millsap at the 5, I think.

But yeah, switches and defending out to the perimeter would be much better.
          Millsap is a great rim protector, even if he's undersized height-wise.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

������

A photo posted by Paul Millsap (@paulmillsap4) on

It sure if it's because I'm mobile but I can't see that pic here or on his instagram page. I can see all the others but not that one. What's up?

Edit: weird. in my reply, the picture showed up. Ahah.
            Last edited by Jclaw; Tue Jan 3, 2017, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• Here's a thought that may change perspectives. What's the current narrative? We have been weak for eons at the PF spot and Millsap is our destiny. But what if PF isn't our weakest spot? It might not be. A combination of sully and ppat (in theory) is a stronger position than a broken DC at SF. Maybe Masai does his usual "Where did that come from?!" move and tinker with the 3 spot. Who knows?

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                He is a great all around defender. Good perimeter defender, good paint defender, gets steal, gets blocks and so on.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  Here's a thought that may change perspectives. What's the current narrative? We have been weak for eons at the PF spot and Millsap is our destiny. But what if PF isn't our weakest spot? It might not be. A combination of sully and ppat (in theory) is a stronger position than a broken DC at SF. Maybe Masai does his usual "Where did that come from?!" move and tinker with the 3 spot. Who knows?
                  It isn't about the PF being weak, its about Millsap being that 3rd star the Raptors need and him being a perfect fit.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                    Is he? He's a very good all around defender and got a pile of blocks last year, but a couple of guys the size of Millsap and Patterson are never going to challenge Lebron at the rim the way a legit 7 footer with size can. A bit of a side point, I know, but worth mentioning if a Millsap/PP frontcourt is proposed as the Cavs antidote. Millsap and Horford are both plus defenders, but Lebron has dropped big numbers on them recently. He's dominated them more than the Raptors.

Of course you put a slow 7 footer on vs. the Cavs and suddenly Channing Frye is Larry Bird. But we're getting ahead of ourselves...

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      It isn't about the PF being weak, its about Millsap being that 3rd star the Raptors need and him being a perfect fit.
                      It really is the most realistic best case scenario. Gonna make waiting for the trade deadline pretty tough if it doesn't happen soon. Hawks are trying to make it sound like there's no rush/pressure, but from a bargaining standpoint that's exactly what they should be saying, along with Millsap saying he's happy there.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        With due respect, it's all about the PF being weak. That is why we have all been talking about Millsap and why this thread exploded when "news" broke that atl might listen to offers. In true Masai fashion, there could be a SF out there to be our third star that no one is talking about. Just tossing it out there.

Comment

• I'd be more worried about rebounding with Millsap/pat. Lebron, love, TT all good rebounders.
                          That said I'd hope we can keep pat.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            I'd be more worried about rebounding with Millsap/pat. Lebron, love, TT all good rebounders.
                            That said I'd hope we can keep pat.
                            Yeah especially if we lose out on Ross and 2pat

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Is he? He's a very good all around defender and got a pile of blocks last year, but a couple of guys the size of Millsap and Patterson are never going to challenge Lebron at the rim the way a legit 7 footer with size can. A bit of a side point, I know, but worth mentioning if a Millsap/PP frontcourt is proposed as the Cavs antidote. Millsap and Horford are both plus defenders, but Lebron has dropped big numbers on them recently. He's dominated them more than the Raptors.

Of course you put a slow 7 footer on vs. the Cavs and suddenly Channing Frye is Larry Bird. But we're getting ahead of ourselves...
                              I think Millsap could be better defensively beside Patterson because he would be a small-ball C in that hypothetical combo instead of a regular PF next to Horford.

Not sure how much you trust Nylon Calculus, but their rim protection metrics had Millsap as a top 5 player in points saved at the rim last season. (Horford, who only averaged 0.2 blocks less than him at the time was much much lower. Somewhere around 50th-60th.. below JV.)

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                                You forgot to account for one thing:

5. You must be high if you think ORL would trade us Ibaka for Carroll.
                                I think throw in Delon Wright (and possibly a pick) and it's completely doable. Orlando is a tire fire right now and Ibaka almost certainly isn't going to resign with them - there will be too many good offers on the table (including probably Toronto). Yes, Orlando gave up a king's ransom to get him, but at this point hanging on to him is your classic example of a sunk cost fallacy. Orlando can get something for Ibaka or they can get nothing when he leaves next summer. They're going to look at offers the same reason Atlanta's taking offers on Millsap now: these are players who can find better play situations in lots of other places and who will be in demand.

DeMarre would instantly become the third-best shooter on the team after Jodie Meeks and DJ Augustin, neither of whom can guard anybody and thus get only bench minutes, so really he'd be the best shooter on the starting rotation and with Evan Fournier and Delon would create actual spacing for Orlando, which they desperately need. He'd also be the team's best defender at small forward once Aaron Gordon can go back to play power forward, as he should be doing.

Delon Wright is almost certainly the trade asset Masai is dangling from his younger players, because he's the extra point guard the team doesn't need (VanVleet is fine for a third PG and cheaper to boot, and as long as the team has Kyle and CoJo any other PG will be the third option). A long, rangy point guard who can shoot the three and score/distribute as needed is exactly what Orlando needs.

Millsap is the better player, but Ibaka is probably the easier get, and Masai can likely get him from Orlando for what he was willing to pay OKC last year or less.

Comment

Working...
                                X