Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    That link quotes Brian Windhorst, who's obviously reliable.

This was my fear, that they'd ask for 2Pat as well. For me the packages of Ross/Cory + Sully + prospect + pick are totally worth it. Losing PP as well though, even though he's a FA, takes a lot of the potential impact of the value of this deal out of it for us. The idea of PP/PM front court as an option and PP backing up PM is so potent. Giving away both Ross and PP leaves us a little thinner than I'd like. Of course this is where the bidding starts for ATL with us. Don't know why it should hinge on that though for half a year of PP for them. I mean, if they're selling PM they're not trying to "win now" ... we are. COME ON MASAI - work some magic. IN MASAI WE TRUST.
    Yeah in my opinion, the Pat/Milsap front court is what makes the roster special. Lowry+Milsap+bench would be a scary lineup.

Comment

• In a scenario where we traded Patterson, and say Millsap left in the offseason, there's not really any plausible scenario where we could get Patterson back in the offseason, is there?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Has it been brought up in all the speculation/fantasies/rumours that if the Raps are trading for a third all star, how will the fit with Demar work? He has never shown any ability to be an effective player off the ball. How would it work?

Not to mention Casey has never really shown the ability to design an offence that effectively uses three scorers on the court together.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
        I don't see it as that huge of an adjustment. Lowry/DeRozan/Millsap lineups will work essentially like Lowry/DeRozan/Patterson lineups do now, but with better spacing as Millsap draws a little more attention, better rebounding, better shooting.

Then in lineups where DeRozan is off the floor, (like the Lowry/Millsap Bench unit), Millsap becomes more of a focal point.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
          I do not know their credibility or anything else but nonetheless its the only peep I have heard all day.

If push comes to shove I would do it but we need Korver back, some will say Thabo but we really need shooting with Ross departure. Really I hope we are pushing back with Corey instead of TR but if we arent sending back 1st rd picks etc then I can live with that deal. Worse comes to worse there has to be another shooter available for trade or pick up a guy like Gary Neal for next to nothing. I really do think if we get Millsap here with Carroll, Masai sells him on us being contenders and he gets the chance to experience the madness of our fanbase in the Playoffs that he stays.

I just think if you are Paul you arent quite at that age where you would just call it a day like you would in DEN (and less likely ORL) and accept basically just being a mentor to younger players when you still have some gas in the tank for at least the next 2-3 years. Once you have given it everything you have left, obviously get a big fat pay day for those 2-3 years then you go off into the sunset in DEN or whatever as a mentor or ringchaser. There has to be some sense of pride and desire to want to be a big and meaningful piece of a team that could win.
          I would still give up Ross and Pat for Millsap, but I'm hoping Masai can persuade them on Ross + Sullinger + Wright/Poeltl + picks. It would suck losing Patterson.

Comment

• Really don't like the idea of trading 2Pat. I know he's expiring and we're unlikely to re-sign him anyway if we get Millsap but for this season that 4-5 lineup with those two in the clutch could be absolutely massive against Cleveland.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
              In a scenario where we traded Patterson, and say Millsap left in the offseason, there's not really any plausible scenario where we could get Patterson back in the offseason, is there?
              No, there isn't. We wouldn't have cap space.

Comment

• I'd hate to lose 2Pat too.. but I wonder if MLSE would be willing to pay a lot of tax to resign all of Lowry, Millsap and 2Pat. That could be a lot of $$$ to pay up. Personally I don't give a sh!t as a fan but MLSE might.

Would Atlanta resign 2Pat in the off season? He's still considered a bench player around the league I imagine. Maybe coming off the bench was a shrewd way of ensuring 2Pat isn't looked highly upon league executives? LOL

Really hope it's Carroll that Atlanta wants. That would be like the GV trade all over again. His contract has become a bit of a noose. Like Jose's old contract before he was finally moved off in that Gay deal (but only as an expiring).

Comment

• I dont see point of keep 2pat if you get Milsap. Their the same player but Sap is just way better. Sap plays a lot of minutes and that wont change here. Wont be that many minutes to go around.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                    I don't see it as that huge of an adjustment. Lowry/DeRozan/Millsap lineups will work essentially like Lowry/DeRozan/Patterson lineups do now, but with better spacing as Millsap draws a little more attention, better rebounding, better shooting.

Then in lineups where DeRozan is off the floor, (like the Lowry/Millsap Bench unit), Millsap becomes more of a focal point.
                    Well, Millsap has shot just under 32% from 3 between this season and last. In no way is he a better long range shooter than Pat. And while he's better in the midrange, at least some chunk of that is when they go to him in the high post, so it's not like he just stands around 16 ft from the basket waiting for a pass to shoot it (this is how we use Pat...stay out of the way at the 3pt line and wait for a shot if one comes your way). He'd need way more touches than Pat and can't just be a spectator for stretches as that would be a waste.

And getting him in units with the starting unit and the bench would mean playing him heavy minutes...which we'd be forced to without Pat if he gets traded. And same for DeMar if Ross gets traded as Powell would become our only viable bench wing and he'd still have to take SF minutes.

Meanwhile we still have no reason to believe DeMar can function off the ball.

Nor have we ever seen a Casey team incorporate three scorers on the court successfully. Not that the talents are comparable, but it's why Jose started over Lowry. And when Rudy was here, it's why DeMar looked like shit until we traded him.

As much as people like to hope that there's a simple formula of "adding talent=adding to success", it's just not so cut and dry.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I'd hate to lose 2Pat too.. but I wonder if MLSE would be willing to pay a lot of tax to resign all of Lowry, Millsap and 2Pat. That could be a lot of $$$ to pay up. Personally I don't give a sh!t as a fan but MLSE might.

Would Atlanta resign 2Pat in the off season? He's still considered a bench player around the league I imagine. Maybe coming off the bench was a shrewd way of ensuring 2Pat isn't looked highly upon league executives? LOL

Really hope it's Carroll that Atlanta wants. That would be like the GV trade all over again. His contract has become a bit of a noose. Like Jose's old contract before he was finally moved off in that Gay deal (but only as an expiring).
                      We all want Carroll gone, but who knows, he could be the key to re-sign Millsap.

Comment

• People are worried about losing ross and Pat for Millsap? The same fanbase who really wants powell to play, and understands Millsap is a significant upgrade on 2pat? Lol cmon people. How bad do you want that 3rd star?? Atlanta's not stupid, he's their best player, they're not taking him for scraps like dribbles Mcjoseph and jared fat foot
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

This was my fear, that they'd ask for 2Pat as well. For me the packages of Ross/Cory + Sully + prospect + pick are totally worth it. Losing PP as well though, even though he's a FA, takes a lot of the potential impact of the value of this deal out of it for us. The idea of PP/PM front court as an option and PP backing up PM is so potent. Giving away both Ross and PP leaves us a little thinner than I'd like. Of course this is where the bidding starts for ATL with us. Don't know why it should hinge on that though for half a year of PP for them. I mean, if they're selling PM they're not trying to "win now" ... we are. COME ON MASAI - work some magic. IN MASAI WE TRUST.
                          Woah.
                          The story quotes Windhorst as talking to AN executive (obviously not from Atlanta) who says IF they can get 2 assets for Millsap they'll have done well, those being TRoss and PPat. How is FA PPat an asset if all their other FA's are trade bait?

Plus the headline reads "REPORT: HAWKS SEEKING TERRENCE ROSS AND PATRICK PATTERSON FOR MILLSAP"

#skeptical.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            I dont see point of keep 2pat if you get Milsap. Their the same player but Sap is just way better. Sap plays a lot of minutes and that wont change here. Wont be that many minutes to go around.

I think people are envisioning an amazing small ball lineup..but yeah pat is 5 years younger than Millsap at half the cost, I could see why Atlanta would want that

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Has it been brought up in all the speculation/fantasies/rumours that if the Raps are trading for a third all star, how will the fit with Demar work? He has never shown any ability to be an effective player off the ball. How would it work?

Not to mention Casey has never really shown the ability to design an offence that effectively uses three scorers on the court together.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                              Not worried at all. Millsap's never led the Hawks in per 36 FGA in any season he's been there. Right now he's 3rd on the team, behind Shroeder and Hardaway. Millsap is not a ball dominant player in the slightest.

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Have to find a way to keep Patterson. Hopefully they take Sully... He's younger and has a lot more upside than Pat.

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              I dont see point of keep 2pat if you get Milsap. Their the same player but Sap is just way better. Sap plays a lot of minutes and that wont change here. Wont be that many minutes to go around.

He's got one of the highest net ratings on the team. How could you turn down having at least one of two Pattersons on the court at all times for 48 minutes?

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post

Have to find a way to keep Patterson. Hopefully they take Sully... He's younger and has a lot more upside than Pat.

Lol, sounds like you're rehearsing Masai's lines on the phone with atlanta management. I dont think there's a gm in the league who values sully more than pat right now

Comment

Working...
                                X