Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    Patterson just doesn't try to score that often. He passes up a lot of shots.

I've watched my fair share of Millsap. Despite his usage, the Hawks don't actually run many plays for him. 14th in spot up possessions for a big man. 6th among big men for ISOs (mainly off pick & pops). 3rd in PnR possessions. 56% of his field goal attempts happen within 2 seconds he receives it. And he's got a lower post up frequency than even JV! He'll fit right in.
    Atlanta runs their offence in a way which is entirely antithetical to Toronto's approach. When their offence works, it doesn't really look like they're running plays for anybody in terms of trying to run their offence through someone. Toronto does the complete opposite and it means guys who don't get to initiate offence with ball in their hands are largely spectators in the offence.

Now Millsap would surely get his share of shots on/off the ball. I have every confidence on his ability to flourish off the ball with DD/Lowry on the court. I'm not sure I have confidence in DD maintaining his value/effectiveness if he has to give up usage and play off the ball. I'm not sure I have confidence in Casey's ability to find a way to offset this issue with creative rotation management and tweaking of offensive sets. And if it cost us Ross and Pat, our two best floor spacers, it takes away arguably the most obvious/valuable tool in trying to help solve this type of problem, and one that would reduce the pressure on Casey to have to figure out a creative solution.

Specifically I'd try really hard to make this deal work without giving up Ross. Hopefully Wright comes back soon and could make Cojo expendable. I feel like Masai could sell Cojo instead of Ross to Atlanta if he can sweeten the deal some other way. It's asking a lot, but the clearest area of success Masai has had has been coming out on the winning side of trades. They could definitely use a steadier backup PG, and Bud would be familiar with Cojo. We need to see what Wright looks like when healthy.

I wish Bazemore wasn't their only other big contract that they might want to move. He's pretty garbage. Might be worth it if you can sell Atlanta on taking Carroll back and absorbing Bazemore. At least Bazemore has the younger/healthier angle you can try to sell teams on if you try to flip him again. If Carroll looks like this all year he's got no value til his deal is in it's last year. Still not sure it'd be worth it though...

Comment

• Something is definitely cooking in the trade pot

http://global.nba.com/news/budenholz...-trade-rumors/

When asked by Vivlamore if he thought a trade was immiment, Millsap replied: “I’m not sure,” he said. “Not a clue.”
      Last edited by tDotted; Wed Jan 4, 2017, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
        Nice to hear Millsap profess his love for Atlanta but I wonder if the last story about him being sent out if the Hawks retained Horford carries any weight.
        It definitely makes sense though. They signed Howard, and were trying to re-sign Horford to play PF, there would be no room for Millsap.

Comment

• Honestly it would suck to lose Patterson, but you are getting Millsap, who is a major upgrade over him and Powell will finally be able to flourish.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
            It definitely makes sense though. They signed Howard, and were trying to re-sign Horford to play PF, there would be no room for Millsap.
            It was widely reported at the time that the Hawks were looking to move Millsap is Horford stayed. It was no secret. The news here is that they had actually agreed to a deal with Toronto in the event Horford stayed. Suggests that a framework is probably mostly already in place.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              It was widely reported at the time that the Hawks were looking to move Millsap is Horford stayed. It was no secret. The news here is that they had actually agreed to a deal with Toronto in the event Horford stayed. Suggests that a framework is probably mostly already in place.
              And considering that Horford signed on July 2nd, which was after the draft on June 23, that framework may not have been damaged as a result of the Poeltl and Siakam selections.

Comment

• I really wonder what the heck is holding up a deal (with anyone), its not like any team thats interested will have not presented an offer and just waited until the announcement of a deal to swoop in and throw out something (at least that isnt how it usually is). It has been a couple of days that its been public which means was likely explored at least a day or two before that. There has to be some sort of contractual stipulation of another player involved in the trade holding it up or perhaps allowing someone time to com back from injury because really if we had a deal IN PLACE does it really take FULL DAYS to figure out the other small stuff...

If we dont hear something more concrete in the next 2 days then I think this deal is just completely dead. I dont see any reason why there would be that much delay when team must have all their offers in front of them and had one in place before that it really shouldnt stretch out too long.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  I really wonder what the heck is holding up a deal (with anyone), its not like any team thats interested will have not presented an offer and just waited until the announcement of a deal to swoop in and throw out something (at least that isnt how it usually is). It has been a couple of days that its been public which means was likely explored at least a day or two before that. There has to be some sort of contractual stipulation of another player involved in the trade holding it up or perhaps allowing someone time to com back from injury because really if we had a deal IN PLACE does it really take FULL DAYS to figure out the other small stuff...

If we dont hear something more concrete in the next 2 days then I think this deal is just completely dead. I dont see any reason why there would be that much delay when team must have all their offers in front of them and had one in place before that it really shouldnt stretch out too long.
                  huh? the whole stipulation surrounding millsap was that he was to be traded immediately IF horford stayed. he obviously didn't. now the hawks need time to see what they have this season. they literally begun fielding trade offers just a few days ago. that doesnt seem like a huge delay at all for anything.

Comment

I really wonder what the heck is holding up a deal (with anyone), its not like any team thats interested will have not presented an offer and just waited until the announcement of a deal to swoop in and throw out something (at least that isnt how it usually is). It has been a couple of days that its been public which means was likely explored at least a day or two before that. There has to be some sort of contractual stipulation of another player involved in the trade holding it up or perhaps allowing someone time to com back from injury because really if we had a deal IN PLACE does it really take FULL DAYS to figure out the other small stuff...

Ye of little faith. Hawks are on a little winning streak right now. Once they start dropping consecutive games again and the fans begin losing hope (again), a deal will happen.

Comment

Haha. Come on man. This is gonna drag out forever. The lay of the land is entirely different than it was when they were waiting on Horford. Milsap's down to half a year left on his contract, rather than a whole season, for one thing. That's a rental, the options will have shifted. But more importantly, they're gonna try and play everybody off each other and make sure they get the very best deal possible. It'll probably go right up until the deadline if it happens at all, unless they get some offer that blows everything else out of the water. I'd prefer Masai holds out if he can bring them down. Probably some asshole team comes out of left field a la Orlando/Ibaka, though I'll be praying our "reasonable offer" turns out to be the best . I'm gonna keep checking every day but I definitely don't expect results any time soon. Hopefully I'm proven wrong and he's a Rap before long.

On a side note, it gave me a good chuckle, the few all caps that you've used. I pictured them growing and growing in their usage as the days wear on. GIVE US F*CKING PAUL F*CKING MILSAP ALREADY YOU BASTARDS!$#@!$#@!$#@!$#@

Hang in there -- COME ON MASAI!!!!!

Comment

I hope it gets done soon, but its Masai, he is patient, sometimes to a fault. He always likes to come out on top in trades. Plus Toronto isn't the only team interested, I'm sure the Hawks' GM is taking calls from other teams that are interested.

Comment

• I think if the Raps can get Millsap while keeping Lowry, DeRozan, Valanciunas and one of Patterson, Ross and Joseph, they have to go for it.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                            And considering that Horford signed on July 2nd, which was after the draft on June 23, that framework may not have been damaged as a result of the Poeltl and Siakam selections.
                            I find this a very interesting point you've brought up here. When the recent news broke out that there was an ATL-TOR deal for Millsap that had fallen through, I really wanted to find out what was being sent out, which brought me to an episode from this current seasons Open Gym that covered the draft.

Go to the 7:55 mark of this episode...
                            Unknown: "You think Atlanta would take Poeltl?"
                            Masai: "For sure."

This isn't really anything ground breaking to be completely honest, of course Atlanta would have wanted the 9th overall pick in the draft for one of their best players, but was something interesting that I thought I'd share.

So would it be safe to assume that any new deal that may happen present day is going to include Poeltl?

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                              if anything, I think it's better for us with how Ross and PPat has bloomed

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
                                I find this a very interesting point you've brought up here. When the recent news broke out that there was an ATL-TOR deal for Millsap that had fallen through, I really wanted to find out what was being sent out, which brought me to an episode from this current seasons Open Gym that covered the draft.

Go to the 7:55 mark of this episode...
                                Unknown: "You think Atlanta would take Poeltl?"
                                Masai: "For sure."

This isn't really anything ground breaking to be completely honest, of course Atlanta would have wanted the 9th overall pick in the draft for one of their best players, but was something interesting that I thought I'd share.

So would it be safe to assume that any new deal that may happen present day is going to include Poeltl?
                                Wow, nice find.

Comment

Working...
                                X